Brandon Tarr

BigG

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brandon Tarr back on the field for the Warriors? Sure does have a nice ring to it.....did i say ring? i meant sound. Sure does have a nice sound to it....

A bit presumptuous to allude to a state championship, don't you think? Catholic is outstanding, and it is my experience that one player doesn't make a state championship. I find this thread a little tedious, and I am actually floored by CAK's decision to accept him back, and surprised that others on this forum aren't annoyed by Brandon's indecisiveness as well. I know, however, that I do not know all the details surrounding his decision or recommittal. I am sure, as Big G said, that the decision to "revive" him was not taken lightly.

A bit presumptuous to allude to a state championship, don't you think? Catholic is outstanding, and it is my experience that one player doesn't make a state championship. I find this thread a little tedious, and I am actually floored of CAK's decision to accept him back, and surprised that others on this forum aren't annoyed by Brandon's indecisiveness as well. I know, however, that I do not know all the details surrounding his decision or recommittal. I am sure, as Big G said, that the decision to "revive" him was not taken lightly.

Dins:

I respect your opinions, but you've never made a decision and regretted it? Especially when you were 18?

Your point about handing the trophy to CAK is well taken, though.

Basically, Brandon Tarr is a fun player to watch. He's one of the best, if not the best ever to come out of E. TN. It's not just that he's good, it's the way he plays...kind of dangerous. After this spring, we don't see him again, probably. So for a disinterested soccer fan, it's a good thing that he's coming back.

Good for Brandon! He would have eventually really regretted the initial decision to sit out his senior year and his inability to help his fellow teammates get back to the title game. The game becomes a part of you and teammates are teammates forever. This should be a decision that brings him an enjoyable and memorable senior season.

Good for CAK and Big G because he is a very fine player who has meant a great deal to the Warriors and he will have an immediate positive impact on the team.

Finally, always keeping in mind my #1 loyalty, good for Knoxville Catholic because to become the best you have to beat the best.

There are no losers with this one! Good luck, BigG. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I am really not trying to dog the decision, and of course I made some mistakes when I was 18. But didn't he decide to not play, play, not play, and now play again? It just seems like a player that is up and down like a roller coaster would be hard to depend on. This is actually similar to the only part that I disliked in the movie Hoosiers. Jimmy Chitwood decides to play ball, and the whole town rejoices. They immediately forget about his lack of committment because Jimmy is just so good, and could unquestionably help the team.

It comes down to principles for me. If a player cannot commit to me or the team, then I can't commit to him. Again, I have no doubt that Big G considered this, and he and the team know Brandon a lot better than I do. I am also sure that they have a better understanding of why he has been so indecisive. In the end, I am sure that they came to the right decision, but it is not a decision that I would have even considered.

Good luck to CAK and Brandon. Should make an interesting CAK/Catholic match-up!

dins8, you are spot on with your comments. High School sports should be much more than all about winning; it should encompass character, accountability, and personal growth. A part of all those traits is learning to live with your decisions. Instead, in today's society, we coddle our youth allowing them to change their minds, third/fourth/ fifth chances, etc. Disappointing for Brandon, CAK, and especially for BigG.

Where's Brandon's comments on this? He is going to post, or decide not to?

Cincy, If I were Brandon, and I am not, I would consider this a private matter between myself, my coach and my team mates and no one else's business.

But I am glad to see him deciede to play.

Good for Brandon! He would have eventually really regretted the initial decision to sit out his senior year and his inability to help his fellow teammates get back to the title game. The game becomes a part of you and teammates are teammates forever. This should be a decision that brings him an enjoyable and memorable senior season.

Hoya I think you got this right on the money.

There are no losers with this one! Good luck, BigG. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Couldn't disagree with you more! Brandon lost an opportunity to grow-up a little, BigG lost the opportunity to be a coach and teacher, CAK and BigG lost a lot of credibility.

Couldn't disagree with you more! Brandon lost an opportunity to grow-up a little, BigG lost the opportunity to be a coach and teacher, CAK and BigG lost a lot of credibility.

Your just a hater..

Its one thine to disagree like dins, and actually explain why in a respectable manner. You just bashed CAK and Brandon. And then you say they lost a lot of credibility? Did you ever have credibility? Then in your earlier post you say its about winning? Did you not read BigG's first post. This was a team thing. He just happens to be a very good player.