Fulton Falcons 2008 ?

Bravey

Hey Ruse ??? ... what are your prospects for the Falcons ?? Here are mine ... I will have to admit I never saw it coming as far as getting back the Boro .. things kinda fell in place ... Catholic peaked in mid season and had injuries late and Falcons just kept getting better just in time .... Ok for 2008 ... Falcons return probably 8 out of 9 top OL / DL from 2007 ... where they get hurt most is in WR / DB area .. Humphrey, Smith and Tyson played alot of ball and they lost a couple top backups too ... Cobb and Stokes will be huge losses ... who are the play makers ??? Thats the 10 million dollar question .... some potential there .. WR's Barfield, J Williams and a soph Pitchford will have to get better fast .. Flacons may have to rely more on the run .... who' gonna totoe the mail ... Goliday, D. Thomas or who ??? they had a nice looking Frosh RB last year ( C Campbell ) but I dont know if he is still there or not. Anyway there is a big drop off in skill positions for next year .... hopefully somebody will step up that wasnt heard from last year .. who thought Falcon OL / DL would have come thru for them after loosing the top 8 OL/DL from 2006 ..... Ruse you got any thoughts ?????

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Tadvols.

Been away. Will post in a couple of days. Long story short though, ... is as you said. OL/DL look to be solid with the needs at the skill spots. I think with Pitchford and, co will be fine. AE will have Dean back. AC will have Longmire as well as Rogers and the FB/LB kid. Catholic...Holy Crap, did you see the piece on Rivals about that program? Should be another good year in 2-3A. Probably the last one for a few of them.

ruse?

Hey Tadvols.

Been away. Will post in a couple of days. Long story short though, ... is as you said. OL/DL look to be solid with the needs at the skill spots. I think with Pitchford and, co will be fine. AE will have Dean back. AC will have Longmire as well as Rogers and the FB/LB kid. Catholic...Holy Crap, did you see the piece on Rivals about that program? Should be another good year in 2-3A. Probably the last one for a few of them.

ruse?

Hey Ruse ... lets hear it .... you know anymore about the Falcons for 2008 ???? Yea catholic seems to basically have alot of advantages ... good , smart kids .. great coaching .. great facilities and money backers .. great access to private workout coaches .etc .... great school location ... they will be hard to handle for years I would say .. they may get that Gold ball in 2008 ... Lipscomb returns some kids too .. last year I predicted Catholic and Lipscomb in the Boro cause I didnt see anyway Falcons could ovecome that loss of top 7 or 8 OL/DL but they proved me wrong .. would love to be proved wrong again about replacing all the skill spots the Falcons lost in 2007 .. that will be tough for sure ...

there are a couple players coming in that did not play last year and appear to be decent. barfield and j. will look good as long as they can keep up with running. winters might play QB. him or the other freshman.

Fly High ... who are the guys who are coming that didnt play last year ??? Are they WR/DB type guys ???? Do you think Pitchford will play a role this year in WR ??? I wish they could get James Galman to play football .. he would be all state RB, WR or DB ... I think he would have a much broghter future in fottball ... 6'0 guards in basketball better be darn good .. he is good but I dont think he is great ... the way he jumps and defends on the basketball court .. his size and speed .. he is built like a football player too ... he could be tough ... but I guess his 1st love is B - Ball ... Jalen Steele could probably be a good DB / WR also ...

I watched Fulton twice last year in person and once on film. They have some good players returning. Winters, the tight end, has the makings of becoming a very solid high school football player. On the offensive line Vincent Johnson is going to be a beast. On the defensive line Devin Crawford is going to also be a beast.

Losing Smith, Tyson, Humphrey, Cobb, & Stokes will be a huge blow to the team both offensively and defensively. Blair was also a nice player at QB and losing him is going to hurt. Does Fulton have a Wagner or a Stinson type of player waiting in the wings or will QB play just be a disaster this year with a new backfield and new set of receivers to throw the football.

Hey Tadvols.

ruse?

Can anyone please tell me a little bit about what to expect from AE this year. Oak ridge lost A good kid ,and a real good football player to them. I would just like to know what to expect. Kwayu seems to very excited about the up coming season. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

OR81 I went to the track meet today. Didn't know stevens coached track. Did talk to Kwayu at a UT practice. He does seem very excited about his team. He did lose his O-Coordinator but AE does a good job adjusting. He told a referee that they will not change much from what they did before. Also the changes they made were changes they were going to make with the old O coordinator so it was already in plans. He seems to think he is going to get his friend and defensive coordinator Robert Gillard from Memphis Ridgeway. People in the coaching circles know Coach Gillard is a very good LB coach and coordinator. He had several college offers. Graham said he thought Gillard was going to go with Joe Lee Dunn to New Mexico State. But Gillard called him and told him he will be in knoxville. Graham and Gillard are close friends. He tried to get him when Stevens was coaching and of course when he got the head coaching job. I was standing with him at the UT practice when Gillard called saying he got a call from knox county schools human resource. I met coach gillard at UT camp. He has coached at the UT camp. Coach Fulmer has a lot of good things to say about him. Graham has a lot of good friends that coach. Could you imagine if he could pull another one of his buddies (Chris Beatty-former head coach of Landstown high in virginia beach and coach of Percy Harvin). i doubt graham could pull him, he is now the WR coach at West Virginia University. I heard a little about the Oak Ridge kid. Hear he is built like a truck. Also some of the kids graham wouldn't let play last year due to want to be gangbangers have seemingly got it right. also he got all his kids from Vine coming to AE. Their super midget team was one of the best they have ever had. several of those kids will play as freshmen. I think this group is as good as Freeney-Hamilton-ROGAN class. He is also very excited about a kid they called Chi-town, Jared Neal. He is a transfer RB from Chicago. Since hearing about him I have been reading about him in track. He has the fastest time in knoxville in the 100 meters to date. I hear he is around 185 pounds. I have recently became a fulton fan also. Don't worry they will be as good as they were last year. I remember everybody written the falcons off but they booked rooms in murfreesboro again. They may lose some coahces due to the new reconstruction plan. But as long as the blacks and buck remain they will be OK.

Can anyone please tell me a little bit about what to expect from AE this year. Oak ridge lost A good kid ,and a real good football player to them. I would just like to know what to expect. Kwayu seems to very excited about the up coming season. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Didnt start this thread to talk AE ... wanted some input on the Fulton Falcons .... the team who has played for the State Championship in 5 out of the last 6 years .... winning 3 and runner up twice .....

Didnt start this thread to talk AE ... wanted some input on the Fulton Falcons .... the team who has played for the State Championship in 5 out of the last 6 years .... winning 3 and runner up twice .....

Amen! People are always hijacking threads and changing the subject. It is really easy to start a thread. I am old and a computer illiterate and have started one myself. Matter in fact I will do it right now for all of the A.E. fans.

As far a s the Falcons they may have lost some very good players but they will have good ones waiting in the wings. Maybe a little drop off but I bet they will be a play off team.