Knox West vs. Bearden

winner123

Yeah, you are right about that i think, because he will stay back at his defensive spot and the mid in front of him will pinch in and carry the defender with him and Kat is gone in the back door.

Kat is playing outside mid again, Thompson is playing sweeper, while Ben Cooper is playing up top with Jack McCoy.

-To dins> Bearden plays as a unit right? Last time I watched bearden play, their mids were no where to be found. I thought Bearden defenders were notorious for clearing balls up to their three strikers.....? Beardens mids are week, 2-2 tie.

- I could be wrong about Bearden's mids no where to be found, we will see.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kat is playing outside mid again, Thompson is playing sweeper, while Ben Cooper is playing up top with Jack McCoy.

-To dins> Bearden plays as a unit right? Last time I watched bearden play, their mids were no where to be found. I thought Bearden defenders were notorious for clearing balls up to their three strikers.....? Beardens mids are week, 2-2 tie.

Thats good that kat is up again, he has too much speed and talent to be playing back, and yeah you are right about bearden, they do not have any mids, their defense just clears the ball to webster, shon, or campbell or whoever else is up there.

Oh I'm not denying that they avoid midfield play, nor am I claiming that they play attractive soccer. My comment about them playing as a unit had more to do with their team chemistry. I wouldn't refer to Bearden's defense as notorious though. It is frustrating to watch them pack it in, boom it long, and let them work magic up top, but it sure does work.

Ugly soccer? Yes.

Do they have eleven individual players that understand their role? Absolutely. They are unbelievably disciplined and selfless.

Im going to go with West in this one..They know how to pump themselves up for big games. I watched the game last year...and wow it was intense. I assume it will be the same this year and I think that favors West. When Jack, Cody, Patrick, and Kat get the ball moving around in the mid field it can lead to some brilliant offense. I see this one 3-2 West

If tanner is sweeping, is he still going to come up for the long throw, if so, that opens up some quick counters, which is what bearden does best. Also, I think this game is at bearden which is a wider field than west and that can take some of the affectiveness of his throw. Which I think is a very dangerous weapon. Just a thought.

Im going with bearden 3-1. Just too many weapons in the attack.

If tanner is sweeping, is he still going to come up for the long throw, if so, that opens up some quick counters, which is what bearden does best. Also, I think this game is at bearden which is a wider field than west and that can take some of the affectiveness of his throw. Which I think is a very dangerous weapon. Just a thought.

Im going with bearden 3-1. Just too many weapons in the attack.

akula, I would have thought the same thing, but he still had no problem heaving the ball in at the Bearden tournament.

West's talent will be their downfall. I have watched West this year twice and am amazed at the whining that goes on by their Stars????, I haven;t seen a team do that as much in years.

Their coach REALLY should get a handle on that! Because of that they will have a hard time coming together in big games. Oh, they will give anyone a fit but when the heat is on and they are whining they tear down their whole team worse than their opponents.

Bearden can hold their cool. Bearden 2-1

West's talent will be their downfall. I have watched West this year twice and am amazed at the whining that goes on by their Stars????, I haven;t seen a team do that as much in years.

Their coach REALLY should get a handle on that! Because of that they will have a hard time coming together in big games. Oh, they will give anyone a fit but when the heat is on and they are whining they tear down their whole team worse than their opponents.

Bearden can hold their cool. Bearden 2-1

Whinning aside, seems that Bearden's defense may have some holes this year. Rumor has it that their starting goalie is no longer with team, can anyone confirm and/or provide details? West 2-1 in a good battle/upset.