Girls 17u Nationals in Detroit

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Tn Elite defeated the Tulsa Angels at 5:00pm on Monday and play the #2 team out of Michigan today at 5:00pm which is 4:00pm our time. Don't know the ending score, but the Elite were winning by about 20 at one point in the game. Rebecca Rowsey (Chester Co)seems to be drawing tremendous interest from many of the college coaches. Vandy, Tn, Georgia, Ohio State, Stanford, Ky, Illinois and several others are continuing to show up at all of the Elite's games.

The Tn Elite defeated the Tn Sycamore Sparks this afternoon by a score of 67-42. This loss for the Sparks moves them down to the losers bracket while the Elite will continue on in the winners bracket until they have their first loss. Both teams had made the Sweet 16 as of Tuesday so I am not sure where the Elite stands now.

I was told that Ashley Haynes for the Sparks got in quick foul trouble. The guards that had been doing a lot of scoring did not in this game.

Stacey Bullard has played all week with a sore knee, but I think has been real steady. This is her fifth summer to go to the nationals and that makes a big difference.

Ashley plays a important role in the success for the Sparks so that really hurt not to take away the Elites win but I'm use had Ashley not been in foul trouble the outcome would have been closer. The other players are definitely worthy of stepping up but everyone knows that its Ashley's team. Good luck to both TN Teams, I hope they can both place and get births for next year. Keep playing hard and tough Sparks....Clarksville on the rise in girls basketball!!

Guest fingerROLL

The AAU site has the brackets completed for Friday. Scyamore Sparks were eliminated today with a 93-43 loss to the Texas Hawks. TN Elite lost this afternoon, but they are scheduled to play the Arkansas Elite in the loser bracket tom. at 9:00 (8:00CST).

[Edited by fingerROLL on 7/19/02 1:14A]