Farragut Admirals

FHSstr8cash

QUOTE(allvol247 @ Apr 22 2008 - 05:35 PM)

"I don't care what the FHS people say, but BHS can hang with FHS...they showed it in the 3-2 ballgame earlier in the year. That game BHS had very good pitching, but no offense til the 6th and this game BHS had no pitching until the 4th, but scored 4 runs off a very good pitcher who hadn't given up a run all year. Just know that we will play each other at least 3 more times this year. In the District semis, District champ(maybe 2x if loser wins 1st game), and Region Championsip. Both teams are very very good this year and anything less than state for BHS is very disappointing"

Cruiser and I agree with allvol who really knows baseball. Now we have stuck up farragut right where we want 'em fat, dumb, and happy. And our hitters have totally figured out farraguts little freshman ace. He is just another crafty lefthander and never really had good stuff.

After figuring him out on Monday it was homerun derby time for the mighty Dawgs! Next time we start the game lighting him up like a pinball machine and see him fold like a cheap lawnchair. William Blount beats the fatmirals like they almost did before, we beat em in districts, the overrated fatmirals team stays home in may, and we get their national rankings!

That is why Coach Buckner said in the News-Sentinel "We did a pretty good job hanging in there and not folding the tent. We'll see them again." Coach figured out the fatmirals and they and their little freshmen are DAWGMEAT! Go DAWGS!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newby started for Farragut then Burnette(sp) came in in like the 3rd or 4th and finished out.

#4 For PF pitched the whole game I believe giving up 3 runs and 8 or 9 hits including a HR.

Farragut seemed to be hitting the ball really hard off him, just right to the PF guys. Not making excuses, to be honest Farragut didn't do anything to deserve to win the game at all. IMO. PF almost gave it away to Farragut as well. had an error that should have been a game ending double play that ended with 2 on and 1 out. Then a pass ball and the ball got knocked out of the 3rd basemans glove so there was a guy on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out. then a walk loaded the bases. Farragut just couldn't get that key hit they needed when they needed it most.

From what i saw of the PF game, Farragut just seemed like a tired team. Lots of flyouts, no energy, and Coach Pharr looked as if he wasnt even coaching over at third. Just a really poor outing offensively. Tough pill to swallow losing to a AA team like that. Not taking anything away from PF they deserved it, it was just dissapointing to see Farragut look like that. Luckily they rebounded to beat the Science Hill, #2 team in the state, 12-2 in 6 innings. Funny how baseball works sometimes isn't it??

I agree. During the Farragut/PF game there was 0 energy from the Farragut players. Nicky was about the only one I could tell really had any energy and was clearly playing with alot of emotion. IMO. Unfortunately it did not translate into anything for the team. I can't decide if the team was tired from playing a game every day this week, or they just didn't really care about the game and just wanted to play Science Hill. Either way it was a good game by PF and they deserved the win.

Farragut has a great team and is coached by one of the top coaches in Tennessee. Pigeon Forge played good baseball #4 pitched a great game. PF also had some clutch hitting to pull out the win, the 2 run homerun to break the 3-3 tie in the 5th was an absolute tape measure shot. Great high school baseball game.