District 4A Next Year

superdaveosborne

How does everyone see District 4A going next year?

My prediction would be

1. Coalfield

2. O.S.

3. Wartburg

4. Oneida/Oakdale

5. Oneida/Oakdale

6. Sunbright

I could see any of the top 3 winning the district especially if O.S. replaces Barger and Howard effectively. I thought that both were pretty under valued this year.

Wartburg looks determined to be at or near the top again and they have a good PG and Post returning. If they get a bench in order they could be tough.

Coalfield is the best team overall in the district. I think that Alaina Jordan is poised to take the reigns as the best player in D 4A.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Coalfield

2) OZ

3) Oneida

4) Wartburg

5) Sunbright/Oakdale

6) Oakdale/Sunbright

Coalfield should be very good next year if they can play as a team.

OZ will go as far as Kayla takes them

Oneida young but played very well at the end of the season

Wartburg on returning 2 players with any playing time

Sunbright young will upset some teams next year

Oakdale reloading

Please would you give wartburg some respect Knight.

They return 3 girls that recorded multiple starts Armes, Fountain, and Freels. Didn't you pick them to finish 4th last year?

I think that they will be fine in the other two spots due to their depth at the guard slot. Winegar is a fine player, Longmire is as pure a shooter as Fountain and there are a couple of Seniors that have the ability to play solid ball to. Look for Ashley McPeters to break in to the rotation as well. She was a solid scorer in middle school and could be pretty good in her time at CHS. Just something to think about Knight2, who saw Fountain being the factor she ended up being this time last year. That's why it's fun to watch a season unfold because you never know who is going to step up!

I know it is shocking but I am going to agree with superdave and say they finish third.

Oneida loses N. Lay and I think she had a big impact on that team! So here's my prediction

1. Coalfield - Superior Talent......sub-par coaching so I guess time will tell

2. O.S. - 1 woman band.....

3. Wartburg - Armes and Fountain (Sleeper for Region 2A) I'm calling it now

4 Oneida - Will return to the region

5 Oakdale - Um I think the term is rebuilding Knight

6. Sunbright - Sound Talend........below sub-par coaching they will finish 6th again

Wartburg I think will have some problems this year yes they have one of the better Guards and Fountain is a very good post player that is only going to get better but the other 3 players I am not for sure about yet.

You are correct only time will tell Best of luck to all the Morgan county teams next year.

1. Oliver Springs: despite all the jealousy surrounding the mommy/coach and her daughter/player they are team to beat

2. Oneida: marevlous marvin has just enough talent to make Lady Indians a force again

3. Coalfield: just process of elimination because I think they will be the best of a weak morgan county

4. Wartburg: we will find out of the superintendent's boy can coach at the next level this year. I looked up that he only won 3 more games than the previous season and returned everybody off that team so lets see if he can win the district with the loss of three starters.

5. Oakdale: no talent equals not many wins.

6. Sunbright: do i need to say more.

OS91 are you a coach for Oliver Springs, have a daughter that plays or just wear purple tinted glasses? The posts you are credited with make you sound like you are on the payroll to promote them.

Coalfield best of the weak Morgan Co. Teams......I can't imagine how you could say that they weren't the best in the dist. They beat O.S. last year and they were very young. They return everyone and O.S. does not so they will be the best team easily.

Christopher is the best player but Coalfield is the best team!

I also think that we found out the "super's kid" can coach this year. He took a team to a level that the school has never seen before winning the region and going to the boro! That's pretty strong evidence that he knows what he's doing!

ask_me,

Won the county in middle school (only one the school's won in the last 6 years.

Runner up in 4-A

Region 2-A Champions (only one in school history)

State Tournamnet (Only one in school history)

21-10 record

(The team only won 25 games in the two years prior to Jason coming in)

In Wartburg know that that he can coach!

Now on to basketball,

How much does the loss of barger hurt O.S. I felt she was an even / balanced player that helped keep the O.S. ship moving in the right direction.

Also, has Marcum been fired at Scott High?

Oldschool,

If Dallas had coached them they would have found a way to lose the Region Champ, Gone on the road for the Sub-state and lost on an 80 footer at the buzzer. Jason elevated the program! Next year will be a bit of a rebuilding effort but they'll be there in the end!

Please he had his chance and couldn't do it in 30+years. Keep on being negative toward the program and the program will keep right on winning! So far under Jason I'd say things have gone quite nicely.