new coach for Independence

coloma20

I know of a coach that is moving in the area would love a chance to step up to the challenge. He has attempted to contact AD several times but will not return calls. It would be a great situtation for all.

I am shocked the AD would not return the call. If this coach is really interested they should contact the principal.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am shocked the AD would not return the call. If this coach is really interested they should contact the principal.

If this poster were the AD, with all that has and has not gone on at this point and the decisionmaker not even selected you would suspect, the phone would be off the hook also. It's conceivable the AD, at this point, is even concerned about his own situation. Why does he want to rock the boat? The outgoing principal IS the right choice. But likely a recorder is the only response one will get. They have waited this long, why should the situation be rushed now? Or if coloma20 will post her phone number, this poster is Sure she will tke the call /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

If this poster were the AD, with all that has and has not gone on at this point and the decisionmaker not even selected you would suspect, the phone would be off the hook also. It's conceivable the AD, at this point, is even concerned about his own situation. Why does he want to rock the boat? The outgoing principal IS the right choice. But likely a recorder is the only response one will get. They have waited this long, why should the situation be rushed now? Or if coloma20 will post her phone number, this poster is Sure she will tke the call /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

IHS phone # 615-472-4600. Not to offend, but I am suspect of someone not aggressive enough to come up with this solution on their own.

What I'm hearing is there was another selection process and the interviews occurred at the end of this past week. Really at the end of next week the summer as far as high school basketball goes is over. No need to rush now. Get the best candidate possible.

What I'm hearing is there was another selection process and the interviews occurred at the end of this past week. Really at the end of next week the summer as far as high school basketball goes is over. No need to rush now. Get the best candidate possible.

Same here. The bar is set pretty high. Everyone seems to want a great team. Hope players and parents and fans understand the third sentence from the end and the context in which it was written. Any later of a start puts you into VB and the summer basketball season, team camps, need to start earlier. if a school does not want to participate, its all right but if Girls basketball is important, scheduling is very important. The coach will have to have some unique skills. hard to realize that someone, this late, would be availablewith those skills.

Same here. The bar is set pretty high. Everyone seems to want a great team. Hope players and parents and fans understand the third sentence from the end and the context in which it was written. Any later of a start puts you into VB and the summer basketball season, team camps, need to start earlier. if a school does not want to participate, its all right but if Girls basketball is important, scheduling is very important. The coach will have to have some unique skills. hard to realize that someone, this late, would be availablewith those skills.

I agree, too late for camps. Best scenario would having the 9th grade tryouts, a few practices, and get the conditioning program established. New coach would have a few days to establish expectations on work ethic and practice tempo. Practices would give them a chance to learn a little about the girls and possibly decide on tatics for offense and defense philosophy.

Hey PH, little strong to accuse school system because of a couple opened coaching positions. I do know current principal is still trying to fill the IHS spot. I have known her for 12+ years, and she will do her job until her final day,

June 30.

You are right, I'll delete that