new coach for Independence

coloma20

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of exceptions?

20, I feel your frustration building up. You might try calling the TSSAA in Nashville and talk to Ronnie Carter or someone there and explain your situation. I am assuming you are a parent of a Division I capable player and you lost your coach this past year and your school has been unable to find a suitable replacement at this point. You may not see snything happening and even if you did, the time frame is going to be later than you feel you can tolerate to get the team started working out, right or wrong. You then after talking with TSSAA might get in touch with the Principal at the school you are interested in attending no matter if it is Brentwood or Ravenwood if it is a Public School or the headmatster if it is a private school like Brentwood Academy or Ryan. These are big schools that have had some players that have gotten scholarships with Universities and might be able to helpmwith a transfer exception. If it is a school in another County, contact the principal or Coach at that location after talking to the TSSAA and I am sure they will be happy to help you. Understand that time is of essence as camps are starting now at most of these big schools and participating with the school is important. Also, getting some comittment from the coach that you would be able to contribute at that school would be important also. This is a drastic step and you are taking some chance but it may be worth it. This poster believes that the TSSAA would be sympathetic to your situation and will at least talk with you but you will wind up with a principal or headmaster at the end. Sorry you are having trouble.

20, I feel your frustration building up. You might try calling the TSSAA in Nashville and talk to Ronnie Carter or someone there and explain your situation. I am assuming you are a parent of a Division I capable player and you lost your coach this past year and your school has been unable to find a suitable replacement at this point. You may not see snything happening and even if you did, the time frame is going to be later than you feel you can tolerate to get the team started working out, right or wrong. You then after talking with TSSAA might get in touch with the Principal at the school you are interested in attending no matter if it is Brentwood or Ravenwood if it is a Public School or the headmatster if it is a private school like Brentwood Academy or Ryan. These are big schools that have had some players that have gotten scholarships with Universities and might be able to helpmwith a transfer exception. If it is a school in another County, contact the principal or Coach at that location after talking to the TSSAA and I am sure they will be happy to help you. Understand that time is of essence as camps are starting now at most of these big schools and participating with the school is important. Also, getting some comittment from the coach that you would be able to contribute at that school would be important also. This is a drastic step and you are taking some chance but it may be worth it. This poster believes that the TSSAA would be sympathetic to your situation and will at least talk with you but you will wind up with a principal or headmaster at the end. Sorry you are having trouble.

Actually I'm a little numb. Indy has gone from 2, 20 win seasons to, no coach, no propects for a coach. It's hard to understand how things could unravel so quickly.

Actually I'm a little numb. Indy has gone from 2, 20 win seasons to, no coach, no propects for a coach. It's hard to understand how things could unravel so quickly.

If you feel that way, and I understand and know what you are going through... but trust me.. do this, go straight to the source... go to the AD or to the Principal and talk to them face to face and demand to know what is taking them too long.... sometimes politics gets in the way and some people just dont get the job done the way it is supposed to be done...

If you feel that way, and I understand and know what you are going through... but trust me.. do this, go straight to the source... go to the AD or to the Principal and talk to them face to face and demand to know what is taking them too long.... sometimes politics gets in the way and some people just dont get the job done the way it is supposed to be done...

4, appreciate your words to 20. FYI, it has been posted that the Principal is transferring to another school this next year and this might be a situation that she is waiting for the next principalbutthis poster doesn't think so, The situation must be so up in the air that it hs been posted the AD is trying to do some work with the team in the place of the coach but he is stretched very thin. It has been posted that the Asst coach of last year may not be involved. It has also been suggested that the head coach who was at Ravenwood last year and lives close to Indy, be considered in this situation as he took Ravenwood to one of their best seasons last year and 20 evidently concurred with that thought. it's not that a coach might not be available but the school thinks it may not be the right one. That is their perogative. But in the meantime, time marchs on and this fine player, it is thought , may not have a chance to show her leadership skills and abilities her senior year.

This I believe, for 20's sake and I think I know it. Coach HM knows this player and has a reputation of following the players she has coached and trying to get them placed. Not sure about the Div 1 part of it though. This player is known as being one of the top players in 11AAA, if not the top. I would bet that the AD and other teachers and coaches will and can try to help the members of this team that are seniors to reach their goals. That is that community.

The way WC handles their coaching situations does effect a lot of student/athletes lives and someone does not have the "understanding respect" for what students might want and like to do. It's not that they are not trying. They are. But one can't expect a parent not try to do something to help their daughter to meet her goals. She, very likely, would have perferred the coach who had brought her this far, to finish the job. Instead, in an effort to find a coach as good as Coach M, the beat goes on. They are likely not going to find one of those unless they go to as asst coach at a College or University and that is taking more time. WC not only needs a coach but they also need that person to fill a teaching position. What a hard task. Someone in the school system should take a leadership position in this case and get the position filled or offer to let this student/athlete transfer to another school. The way this is being handled is not very good. The way coaches are selected in WC is not being handled very well either.

4, appreciate your words to 20. FYI, it has been posted that the Principal is transferring to another school this next year and this might be a situation that she is waiting for the next principalbutthis poster doesn't think so, The situation must be so up in the air that it hs been posted the AD is trying to do some work with the team in the place of the coach but he is stretched very thin. It has been posted that the Asst coach of last year may not be involved. It has also been suggested that the head coach who was at Ravenwood last year and lives close to Indy, be considered in this situation as he took Ravenwood to one of their best seasons last year and 20 evidently concurred with that thought. it's not that a coach might not be available but the school thinks it may not be the right one. That is their perogative. But in the meantime, time marchs on and this fine player, it is thought , may not have a chance to show her leadership skills and abilities her senior year.

This I believe, for 20's sake and I think I know it. Coach HM knows this player and has a reputation of following the players she has coached and trying to get them placed. Not sure about the Div 1 part of it though. This player is known as being one of the top players in 11AAA, if not the top. I would bet that the AD and other teachers and coaches will and can try to help the members of this team that are seniors to reach their goals. That is that community.

The way WC handles their coaching situations does effect a lot of student/athletes lives and someone does not have the "understanding respect" for what students might want and like to do. It's not that they are not trying. They are. But one can't expect a parent not try to do something to help their daughter to meet her goals. She, very likely, would have perferred the coach who had brought her this far, to finish the job. Instead, in an effort to find a coach as good as Coach M, the beat goes on. They are likely not going to find one of those unless they go to as asst coach at a College or University and that is taking more time. WC not only needs a coach but they also need that person to fill a teaching position. What a hard task. Someone in the school system should take a leadership position in this case and get the position filled or offer to let this student/athlete transfer to another school. The way this is being handled is not very good. The way coaches are selected in WC is not being handled very well either.

Thanks for the kind words and support. Nothing new to report. Starting to look for individual camps for our daughter to attend. Any suggestions on good camps would be appreciated.

Thanks for the kind words and support. Nothing new to report. Starting to look for individual camps for our daughter to attend. Any suggestions on good camps would be appreciated.

Very likely Lipscomb. You have a player that went there year before last that goes there and is the same school DH went and you might discuss with him his thoughts on the matter. MTSU has some camps in the summer and that might be a choice although your chances of going there might not be as good. Belmont would be a good selection. Check there. Some other posters might have some other help. Duke has a camp but you are getting in to some $$ with some of them. I would definitely check with Coach HM as she knows where all of these are. Other schools, some who read this Web site, might be interested in her coming to their camp if she indeed is a Div 1 prospect. They could contact Independence High School in Thompson Station for information on their up coming seniors.

While 20 has a problem immediately and needs some information, those of you that have been following this senario see the problem and what continuity of coaches means if a son or daughter is interested in pursuing that field. Brentwood High School does not have that problem. Continuity. When coaches change every two years, how can they help. The relationship between coaches and players eventually go beyond the playing floor and the x's and O's. Parents and fans need to realize it and those selecting Coaches need to to realize it too or be in a position help the student athletes themselves. This is in every sport or in every phase of education. This means coaches should help their players present themselves at camps. Just look at the Shelbyville Camp, a camp that attracts some of the best teams. How many WC schools attend this camp this year? Without defending HM as a coach that much, she knew it and what did she do when she got there? They went but they couldn't have done it while waiting to be hired or not understanding players and changing coaches every year or two. They had two 20 plus winning seasons. Parents should realize that and investigate the hiring habits of a school or system and how much help they might expect to have later down the line if that is their players needs. Sorry for the rambling.

Very likely Lipscomb. You have a player that went there year before last that goes there and is the same school DH went and you might discuss with him his thoughts on the matter. MTSU has some camps in the summer and that might be a choice although your chances of going there might not be as good. Belmont would be a good selection. Check there. Some other posters might have some other help. Duke has a camp but you are getting in to some $$ with some of them. I would definitely check with Coach HM as she knows where all of these are. Other schools, some who read this Web site, might be interested in her coming to their camp if she indeed is a Div 1 prospect. They could contact Independence High School in Thompson Station for information on their up coming seniors.

While 20 has a problem immediately and needs some information, those of you that have been following this senario see the problem and what continuity of coaches means if a son or daughter is interested in pursuing that field. Brentwood High School does not have that problem. Continuity. When coaches change every two years, how can they help. The relationship between coaches and players eventually go beyond the playing floor and the x's and O's. Parents and fans need to realize it and those selecting Coaches need to to realize it too or be in a position help the student athletes themselves. This is in every sport or in every phase of education. This means coaches should help their players present themselves at camps. Just look at the Shelbyville Camp, a camp that attracts some of the best teams. How many WC schools attend this camp this year? Without defending HM as a coach that much, she knew it and what did she do when she got there? They went but they couldn't have done it while waiting to be hired or not understanding players and changing coaches every year or two. They had two 20 plus winning seasons. Parents should realize that and investigate the hiring habits of a school or system and how much help they might expect to have later down the line if that is their players needs. Sorry for the rambling.

Need to clear up what might be a misunderstanding. Never claimed my daughter to be a D1 prospect. She has always been taught the team comes first. My concern has always been for every student athelete on the Indy girls basketball team. It is not just one long face we are seeing, but 10 - 15, who are currently in a holding pattern around the gym. The silence from "air traffic control" is causing a wreck. All of the girls are ready to get off the ground, they just need a pilot. Metaphors concluded.

We are going to try the MTSU Elite camp in late June. Expect to see many of the girls from Team Pride, along with strong programs in Rutherford and Wilson. Should be a good competitve camp, and will offer a chane to meet players from all over.