5-5a

cat2009

All I know is there will be a newbie in the canoe that has preped in Sumner Co. and will take the rest of the whiners to the log. Yall stay on the porch and play your sad song on the banjo while others WORK to WIN. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest workinprogress

All I know is there will be a newbie in the canoe that has preped in Sumner Co. and will take the rest of the whiners to the log. Yall stay on the porch and play your sad song on the banjo while others WORK to WIN. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Your statement shows your ignorance. No doubt that Gallatin and Hendersonville work extremely hard. But they do not work any harder than Antioch, HuntersLane, Overton etc.

I see the region being Hendersonville, Overton, Antioch, and either Gallatin or HuntersLane. The first three is a toss up for order of finish.

Your statement shows your ignorance. No doubt that Gallatin and Hendersonville work extremely hard. But they do not work any harder than Antioch, HuntersLane, Overton etc.

I see the region being Hendersonville, Overton, Antioch, and either Gallatin or HuntersLane. The first three is a toss up for order of finish.

No way Overton will be worth anything without Daniel White.

Guest workinprogress

No way Overton will be worth anything without Daniel White.

Daniel was a special player. However Overton is always well disciplined on defense and they held their own against Brentwood in the spring scrimmage. I know Overton will have trouble finding someone with the talent that Daniel had but they always find a way to find at least a respectable running back. I know Overton has some solid skill players on offense and I am sure someone will step up. From what I have heard both quarterbacks have looked good, one is more of a runner and one has a good arm and is big, the line is good sized, and they have a new receiver coming in that has tons of talent. And like I said they always have a pretty good defense. I am pretty sure that Daniels little brother is still playing this year so maybe he will step up in Daniels place.

Didnt Overton lose CJ Jackson also?Either way White was a 30 or more carry running back a game. PLus I am sure they lost some of their line.I see Overton coming in 5th or 6th in the region because they should beat Hillwood Glencliff and possible Mcgavock

I am pretty sure you are right about losing Jackson.

Daniel was a special player. However Overton is always well disciplined on defense and they held their own against Brentwood in the spring scrimmage. I know Overton will have trouble finding someone with the talent that Daniel had but they always find a way to find at least a respectable running back. I know Overton has some solid skill players on offense and I am sure someone will step up. From what I have heard both quarterbacks have looked good, one is more of a runner and one has a good arm and is big, the line is good sized, and they have a new receiver coming in that has tons of talent. And like I said they always have a pretty good defense. I am pretty sure that Daniels little brother is still playing this year so maybe he will step up in Daniels place.I am pretty sure you are right about losing Jackson.

Is it the same QB as last year? I don't like to come on and blast individual kids, but if he is counted on to carry that team, there will be trouble for Overton. Like Barnburner said, they also lost Jackson, that is like 3000 rushing yards they lose.

Such an insightful post for a middle school assistant coach. You must have spent some long hours of thought on the porch, but you have no conception of the WORK ETHIC. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Guest workinprogress

Such an insightful post for a middle school assistant coach. You must have spent some long hours of thought on the porch, but you have no conception of the WORK ETHIC. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Im not an assistant for one. Second, Im a middle school coach because I choose to be. I am sure that if I really wanted a high school coaching position I could find one that would take me. And as far as me having no conception of work ethic, I am sure that if you talked to anyone who actually does know me they would tell you my work ethic is definately better than most. It has to be and if you know me then you know why I say that. I am not knocking Hendersonville or Gallatin I am simply stating that metro programs work just as hard as your boys do.

Im not an assistant for one. Second, Im a middle school coach because I choose to be. I am sure that if I really wanted a high school coaching position I could find one that would take me. And as far as me having no conception of work ethic, I am sure that if you talked to anyone who actually does know me they would tell you my work ethic is definately better than most. It has to be and if you know me then you know why I say that. I am not knocking Hendersonville or Gallatin I am simply stating that metro programs work just as hard as your boys do.

I'm gonna go ahead and have to disagree with you on this work ethic thing. I guarantee you Metro teams don't work as hard as Hendersonville, I'll just go on ahead and assume that Gallatin is a lot like Hendersonville in terms of work ethic. The Sumner County teams know they have to work harder because, frankly, they don't have the athletes that the Metro teams have.

I'm gonna go ahead and have to disagree with you on this work ethic thing. I guarantee you Metro teams don't work as hard as Hendersonville, I'll just go on ahead and assume that Gallatin is a lot like Hendersonville in terms of work ethic. The Sumner County teams know they have to work harder because, frankly, they don't have the athletes that the Metro teams have.

I would have to agree with h'villefootball. All programs in Sumner County put in hours of work along with having to fundraise for their respective teams. That is why all the County Schools are so competitive. It is also what is rewarding for being a part of a Sumner County School.

So hville is putting down his own teams' physical abilities. That's sad, however true. So what happens when the better atheletes from Davidson County get better coaching? If the level of coaching is anywhere close to the same level.....then the atheletes win, right?