Loser's for April 14 by MrNoitAll

MrNoitAll

I believe the program got turned around last year when Coach Conditt was the head coach, looks lke they have gone backwards from the turn around they had last year. I agree that the coach has had success in travel ball, but you do have different situations that come up in HS from travel ball, that makes that job a little different. I have done both in the past, they both have their advantages and disadvantages. But some HS coaches that are successful in HS are not in travel ball and vise versa. Then there are a few that do well in both. I heard John Wooden say years ago, that you can be a great teacher of the game with any players you have, but you are not concidered a great coach unless you have the talent to win. There may be alot of truth in that. To win championships you have to have talent, good coaching and a little luck. Not saying Page doen't have the talent, I think they do, but they had a lot of success last year and I think that's when the program go turned back around.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the program got turned around last year when Coach Conditt was the head coach, looks lke they have gone backwards from the turn around they had last year. I agree that the coach has had success in travel ball, but you do have different situations that come up in HS from travel ball, that makes that job a little different. I have done both in the past, they both have their advantages and disadvantages. But some HS coaches that are successful in HS are not in travel ball and vise versa. Then there are a few that do well in both. I heard John Wooden say years ago, that you can be a great teacher of the game with any players you have, but you are not concidered a great coach unless you have the talent to win. There may be alot of truth in that. To win championships you have to have talent, good coaching and a little luck. Not saying Page doen't have the talent, I think they do, but they had a lot of success last year and I think that's when the program go turned back around.

It has been years since this was a softball school! What does Page win in except Volleyball? This is another school that just has sports to say that they have it! If this was such a great job why has it not kept coaches in the past and why do you not see them in the play-offs year after year? Again I am going to start calling this our "Volleyball School"

and they have never won a state title in that one either. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Hawksoftball..... I mean what is your definition of a good coach? Page did not have a good softball coach last year. I think I speak for a whole lot of people when I say this, including a lot of players that have played for him.

Hawksoftball..... I mean what is your definition of a good coach? Page did not have a good softball coach last year. I think I speak for a whole lot of people when I say this, including a lot of players that have played for him.

Players not wanting him! At the end of the year 12 players and parents went to the principal about having Conditt back. Only two did not, Conditt only plays the best, he doesn't play politics. To be a coach at Page, you have to be a politician, and they have one in the coach now. The coach before Conditt didn't play the game either, and where is she? Page is similar to some Metro programs in that you rarely see an administrator at a sporting contest other than basketball or football.

Well looking at Page's record last year they won over 30 games not bad for someone who is not a good coach. Had not been done there before and will not happen this year. I am not saying they have a bad coach now, maybe they do, but I am saying the program moved forward last year because of Coach Conditt. He and our coach at Rossview are pretty good friends and we see Coach Conditt from time to time at our tournaments, and I know that everywhere he has coached they have gotten better. And most of the parents we saw last year from Page at the tournaments thought a lot of him. Also I know he had a lot to do with getting the Middle Tennessee Softball Coaches Association started, a lot of girls have benefited in Middle Tennessee from this organization.

Coach Tyree, I'm getting the impression that certain people on here think that this is your "First HS Rodeo". How quickly they forget that you unofficially helped with Brentwood's program for what, maybe 4 years? Well anyway, welcome to official world of HS Softball and oh, by the way, don't expect to be given a chance. There are no trials here, you just go straight to execution. I for one know your work ethic and know your ability to get the most of those that play for you. Many parents including me can thank you for the opportunity you have given their children to compete at very high levels an go on to play in College. I have no doubts that in the near future you will bring the Softball program at Page to heights they have not experienced before.

Bert Newberry

Coach Tyree, I'm getting the impression that certain people on here think that this is your "First HS Rodeo". How quickly they forget that you unofficially helped with Brentwood's program for what, maybe 4 years? Well anyway, welcome to official world of HS Softball and oh, by the way, don't expect to be given a chance. There are no trials here, you just go straight to execution. I for one know your work ethic and know your ability to get the most of those that play for you. Many parents including me can thank you for the opportunity you have given their children to compete at very high levels an go on to play in College. I have no doubts that in the near future you will bring the Softball program at Page to heights they have not experienced before.

Bert Newberry

Is this not great or what! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> People are NEVER going to be happy who the coach is! There is always going to be someone or something causing problems at your school.I never did hear why Coach Tyree did not stay at Brentwood? but you are right welcome to high school sports because you will never please everyone and unless you are at a softball school you will never win, because this is a "Volleyball School! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />