Catholic/Loudon

bighitter08

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Catholic's lack of pitching finally caught up with them. Dalton is a thrower not a pitcher. How else do you explain balking in a run with a fake pickoff move to first???? After watching irate Sullivan storm the mound to blast him for such a stupid move maybe he agrees. Game shouldn't have been close except for a ton of errors in the Loudon infield. The Irish were lucky not to split with CAK since CAK gave up several unearned runs with 2 out Es to let the Irish tie it up.

From what I have heard, they were both good games. Loudon was just able to pull out a couple, including facing being down 5-2 and coming back. Coach Thompson knows how to win, plain and simple. He knows how to pull out big games even if the talent level is down. Not saying that it is, just saying thats how good of a coach he is.

Agree completely with the Coach Thompson part. He's been there done that. Maybe he can give the munchkin from Catholic some pointers when he retires. Maybe he's got some drills to help minimize the Irish errors. Errors played a big part in both games. Does Loudon really have keys to the field at Cedar Bluff-they seem to own that field.

Has the Irish train run off the tracks????

It doesn't get any easier with AC looming on the horizon. Are they ready for another 3rd place finish behind AC and Loudon?

Agree completely with the Coach Thompson part. He's been there done that. Maybe he can give the munchkin from Catholic some pointers when he retires. Maybe he's got some drills to help minimize the Irish errors. Errors played a big part in both games. Does Loudon really have keys to the field at Cedar Bluff-they seem to own that field.

Has the Irish train run off the tracks????

It doesn't get any easier with AC looming on the horizon. Are they ready for another 3rd place finish behind AC and Loudon?

That would be correct. AC is comin off a couple of bad games that they have played, but were good enough to stick with their opponents. The whole AC team is just a little bit ticked about the way they've been playin. I'd be lookin for some explosion from this team in the last couple weeks of the season heading into the post-season. The AC-Catholic series always gets the boys from Anderson County heated. It is definitely a bitter rivalry. I wouldnt be surprised if AC gets really hot during the last couple weeks of the season and makes a run of the ring at the end of the season. They play Volunteer in an in-school game Friday. This should be the start of a long run by the Mavericks.

so does catholic not have anyone who can play ball?

They have several people that can play but have been very up and down. In spite of a record that looks good they have dodged several potential losses. Dalton Irwin was their top hitter last year but is struggling this year after hitting a bunch of home runs last year. 2 losses to Loudon could very well be followed up with a sweep by AC. The problem they have had on offense is that they can't seem to get several people hot at one time. Pitching has been shaky with John Anders and Irwin being the top 2. Untimely errors have hurt the pitching. Everybody else has struggled on the hill.

Be interesting to see how Sullivan handles a big discipline problem that has popped up after Sundown in the City and 2 starters getting in trouble sippin the brewskis and getting a visit from the men in blue.

Will Sullivan do the right thing and suspend/discipline these guys (as he is always preaching) or ignore it in order to try and get the Ws????????

They have several people that can play but have been very up and down. In spite of a record that looks good they have dodged several potential losses. Dalton Irwin was their top hitter last year but is struggling this year after hitting a bunch of home runs last year. 2 losses to Loudon could very well be followed up with a sweep by AC. The problem they have had on offense is that they can't seem to get several people hot at one time. Pitching has been shaky with John Anders and Irwin being the top 2. Untimely errors have hurt the pitching. Everybody else has struggled on the hill.

Be interesting to see how Sullivan handles a big discipline problem that has popped up after Sundown in the City and 2 starters getting in trouble sippin the brewskis and getting a visit from the men in blue.

Will Sullivan do the right thing and suspend/discipline these guys (as he is always preaching) or ignore it in order to try and get the Ws????????

What happened? When Powell baseball players have done similar things they have been suspended from the team.

This is a religious school right? Interesting to see what happens to them. How this is addressed will send a clear message to all their players. Coach Inman's players know not to mess around or they will be gone!

What happened? When Powell baseball players have done similar things they have been suspended from the team.

This is a religious school right? Interesting to see what happens to them. How this is addressed will send a clear message to all their players. Coach Inman's players know not to mess around or they will be gone!

i guess i am a bad parent because i dont feel that if a kid makes a mistake you take everything away...the kids made a bad choice and now they can do 1 of 2 things continue making the bad choice or they can stop straighten up and make the right choice...if you take the ball away how much more IDOL time does that leave them to make even more bad choices...i love how some parents(not you directly but in general)have forgotten some of the thing they did while they were in high school and then are appalled that their kids or someone elses kids have done the same thing i believe every kid should get a second chance to straighten up and if they dont then they are done but one and done is ridiculous...dont we want are kids to make the mistakes now while they are home and learn now instead of when they are adults raising a family or out on their own?...i have been blessed and my kids are pretty good and they know that if they screw up i will deal with it but i am not going to put an end to everything if they make a mistake