Catholic/Loudon

bighitter08

i guess i am a bad parent because i dont feel that if a kid makes a mistake you take everything away...the kids made a bad choice and now they can do 1 of 2 things continue making the bad choice or they can stop straighten up and make the right choice...if you take the ball away how much more IDOL time does that leave them to make even more bad choices...i love how some parents(not you directly but in general)have forgotten some of the thing they did while they were in high school and then are appalled that their kids or someone elses kids have done the same thing i believe every kid should get a second chance to straighten up and if they dont then they are done but one and done is ridiculous...dont we want are kids to make the mistakes now while they are home and learn now instead of when they are adults raising a family or out on their own?...i have been blessed and my kids are pretty good and they know that if they screw up i will deal with it but i am not going to put an end to everything if they make a mistake

I agree with you. I don't think they should all be thrown off the team for 1 mistake but should certainly be punished. The school handbook addresses these issues also. BUT Coach Sullivan has made it very clear that his baseball players are to be held to much higher standards than the average student. Preached it to the players and the parents. One of the players has been constant problem for the past fews years and is very well acquainted with the principals office having been suspended before. I guess his discipline approach is similar to Fulmers. The discipline lessens depending on your importance to the lineup. The players and parents would have probably expected/accepted a short term suspension given the nature of the offense. Now all that we have listened to for 2 years from the coach appears to be just lip service. Maybe the discipline will be handed out to avoid missing the big Anderson County games at the start of next week. Like Fulmer, he'll need to get all sides of the story before making any moves regarding the handling off the matter and they may not happen until after the 2 big games next week.

Will he "do the right thing" as he has preached or expose his hypocratic nature and continue to play these guys like he did last night?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you. I don't think they should all be thrown off the team for 1 mistake but should certainly be punished. The school handbook addresses these issues also. BUT Coach Sullivan has made it very clear that his baseball players are to be held to much higher standards than the average student. Preached it to the players and the parents. One of the players has been constant problem for the past fews years and is very well acquainted with the principals office having been suspended before. I guess his discipline approach is similar to Fulmers. The discipline lessens depending on your importance to the lineup. The players and parents would have probably expected/accepted a short term suspension given the nature of the offense. Now all that we have listened to for 2 years from the coach appears to be just lip service. Maybe the discipline will be handed out to avoid missing the big Anderson County games at the start of next week. Like Fulmer, he'll need to get all sides of the story before making any moves regarding the handling off the matter and they may not happen until after the 2 big games next week.

Will he "do the right thing" as he has preached or expose his hypocratic nature and continue to play these guys like he did last night?

I agree that they should not be dismissed but should be disciplined and the players that are doing the right thing rewarded. Our players and parents understand and support Coach Inman's stance on matters like these.

I guess practice what you preach comes in to play here.

I agree that they should not be dismissed but should be disciplined and the players that are doing the right thing rewarded. Our players and parents understand and support Coach Inman's stance on matters like these.

I guess practice what you preach comes in to play here.

i defintaly agree with punishment i am not saying no punishment they could be running poles unitl somene got tired of watching them run poles there are consequences but it doesnt have to be kicked off the team...now if they dont want to do those consequenses then they are gone they made that choice too...i do disagree that they are held to a higher standard as the other kids...maybe i disagree more with other kids not being held to the same standard but that is society today and to me it gets old...

sorry for preaching but kids make mistakes and when it is an athlete that does it all of a sudden someone wants them kicked off on the first offense...

I don't even think it's a question whether or not that they will play against AC. I mean i dont know who the guys are but i am sure the munchkin wants all of his players available and just like every other private school, rules dont apply to them. Personally, i dont think it matters if they play or not because Catholic is about to run into a wall on Monday and Tuesday. The mighty MVP from last year is definitely not going to lead his team to victory because he cant step up in big games. It's funny how they went 0-3 against AC last year and Matt Byrge went undefeated in the district including 2-0 over Catholic and still didnt win the Mvp award. Kinda shows you what kinda strings that the private schools can pull to make themselves look better.

i defintaly agree with punishment i am not saying no punishment they could be running poles unitl somene got tired of watching them run poles there are consequences but it doesnt have to be kicked off the team...now if they dont want to do those consequenses then they are gone they made that choice too...i do disagree that they are held to a higher standard as the other kids...maybe i disagree more with other kids not being held to the same standard but that is society today and to me it gets old...

sorry for preaching but kids make mistakes and when it is an athlete that does it all of a sudden someone wants them kicked off on the first offense...

I see that you disagree with the "held to higher standards" part. But guess what....it was the coach (in his holier than thou attitude) that issued that decree. I guess that's how you define LIP SERVICE. It sounds great in the preseason meetings with the players and parents. I guess now that some of his starters have fallen short he must be backing up on his standards. It would have been much easier to handle had the kids not been starters. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I don't think they should have been kicked off either but certainly suspended for a couple of games. That may have been tough with the next game coming against your biggest rival and the next 2 against the first place team in the district. What would ole coach Richie have to say? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

No comments The Irishmen?

I see that you disagree with the "held to higher standards" part. But guess what....it was the coach (in his holier than thou attitude) that issued that decree. I guess that's how you define LIP SERVICE. It sounds great in the preseason meetings with the players and parents. I guess now that some of his starters have fallen short he must be backing up on his standards. It would have been much easier to handle had the kids not been starters. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I don't think they should have been kicked off either but certainly suspended for a couple of games. That may have been tough with the next game coming against your biggest rival and the next 2 against the first place team in the district. What would ole coach Richie have to say? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

No comments The Irishmen?

i think all kids athletes or not should be held to high standards not just the athletes that was the point i am trying to make...as far as suspending players i have a mixed emotion on that because doing that punishes more than the player it also punishes the team so i am mixed on how i feel about suspending for a game or 2 espcially if it was a district game