Class 1A: Region 5 Favorites

2008 Champion!  

300 members have voted

1. 1. 2008 Champion!

you say the secondary was weak. were happy and ricky not out there

Yes they were out there. I said the secondary was weak when we got into the second and third team. Thus the concerns over depth at that position I referred to. Watertown did have an 80 TD on the first play from scrimmage, but I wasn't there for the start, so I don't know what happened on that play. Someone said they got behind the secondary. I think when Edmonson and Bowen return from baseball that should add a little more depth.

One other note, number 4 on offense, (sorry forgot the kids name) and Jordan Lacey on defense looked VERY good yesterday! #4 will push Henderson for some playing time if he continues to run like that.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cascade and Forrest will be having a joint practice session on Thursday, May 15th at Cascade. The session will start at 5:00 PM. The session will consist of the skill players having a 7-on-7 on the game field and the lineman working together on the practice fields. While it is always possible that a short scrimmage may occur in one of these type sessions, it is not part of the current plan.

Everything still planned to start at 5:00 today?

The Cascade and Forrest will be having a joint practice session on Thursday, May 15th at Cascade. The session will start at 5:00 PM. The session will consist of the skill players having a 7-on-7 on the game field and the lineman working together on the practice fields. While it is always possible that a short scrimmage may occur in one of these type sessions, it is not part of the current plan.

The scrimmage today has been changed to a full 11 on 11 scrimmage and will begin around 5:30 so we invite everyone to come out and enjoy some spring football.

Well, region 5 folks, Forrest has got some big boys in their lineup this coming season! I was really shocked at their size. I'd have to say after yesterday they'll be a contender this season. The Coaches decided to run 10 plays and swap possesion instead of running chains, so it was difficult to gauge which team was better. Not a lot of scoring and both teams struggled moving the ball. I believe both teams probably had two scores each, but I'm not sure about that. Our passing game showed a few flashes of looking good, but we had too many dropped balls. Henderson and Harvey didn't play in this scrimmage either, so it is hard to say where our running game is. We didn't run the ball well against Forrest, but without Henderson in there I'll hold off judgement on how effective they were at stopping the run. Number 3 on their team will be a big time threat to go the distance everytime he touches the ball. Bottom line, the teams looked to be pretty close from a talent standpoint. Should be an interesting season.

Well, region 5 folks, Forrest has got some big boys in their lineup this coming season! I was really shocked at their size. I'd have to say after yesterday they'll be a contender this season. The Coaches decided to run 10 plays and swap possesion instead of running chains, so it was difficult to gauge which team was better. Not a lot of scoring and both teams struggled moving the ball. I believe both teams probably had two scores each, but I'm not sure about that. Our passing game showed a few flashes of looking good, but we had too many dropped balls. Henderson and Harvey didn't play in this scrimmage either, so it is hard to say where our running game is. We didn't run the ball well against Forrest, but without Henderson in there I'll hold off judgement on how effective they were at stopping the run. Number 3 on their team will be a big time threat to go the distance everytime he touches the ball. Bottom line, the teams looked to be pretty close from a talent standpoint. Should be an interesting season.

These 2 teams along with Jo Byrns will be the top 3 in th region.