Smyrna new HC

Otter

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did he interview?

I am not for certain. I just think if he is wanting to get back in the midstate and have a chance to coach at a school where winning a state title is a definate possibility then this is a "golden opportunity" to do just that.

I am certain that he could bring one or two guys with him from Bama if he'd like to do so. Also there are many in the midstate that have coached with him and would jump at the chance to do so again at a school like Smyrna.

You are correct. DC from Blackman, formally of Smyrna told the team this morning.

Told what team? This should be interesting. If you are going to hire a DC, why wouldn't you hire the DC from the staff that has gotten you 2 titles. I'm not saying this is a bad hire, because I do not know the parties involved, but it should make for some interesting banter if this is the case.

Guest workinprogress

Told what team? This should be interesting. If you are going to hire a DC, why wouldn't you hire the DC from the staff that has gotten you 2 titles. I'm not saying this is a bad hire, because I do not know the parties involved, but it should make for some interesting banter if this is the case.

I would love to know who applied for this position. Blackman did improve this year and their defense was solid but definately not anything to write home about. I agree that if you were going to hire a DC why not hire youre own if he is interested. If he applied I would think he would now be looking elsewhere. I know I would be.

Hmmmmmm.....this is an interesting hire. I've always heard good things about Williams, but this seems to be a MAJOR step up for him.

Raikes may have staked a small part of his legacy on this pick. There isn't far to climb, but you could fall off a cliff easy with this one.

Okay wait a minute.... I just couldn't resist creating an account to miss this thread... You have Smyrna, the reigning Class5A State Champions and you put a DC from the worst football program in this area as your new head coach???? I know someone (not on here) made the comment earlier today that he was going to "really whip this program around" to what?!?!?!?! A losing team? How or why would you want to change a program that is obviously working?!?!?! I just hope Coach Williams doesn't bring any of his "learnings" from Bobby Wells with him to Smyrna, because if he does Smyrna will have a long road ahead of them.

Rumor has it that Coach Williams from Blackman is going to be the new head coach.

Hey Billy, are you ever gonna get that brown stuff off your nose? Here you go already starting on the butt kissing and he hasn't even started coaching yet, bet you happy now that one of your "friends" is the new head coach. Maybe you will allow the Bulldog back on the field now, unless you still think its a destraction to the players...... You better not treat the players the same way you always have because you may find yourself behind the field house with Matt and not on his good side.....

Who's going to be coaching with coach williams during spring ball, the guys he brings with him, or the ones who were passed over?

Not sure at this point. Don't know who is going to stay or go or if he is going to bring anyone with him from Blackman, but I wish him all the luck, he has gotten a great program handed to him and I hope he takes care of it, can't wait to see how this season turns out. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

GO BULLDOGS!!!!!