Forrest changing Name!

leather

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VG,

I think getting rid of "Rebels" had to do with the coming of desegregation (sp?), but I'm not sure. I'll see what I can find out, because I have no idea why Rockets was chosen. And 61A, I like it, too. How did Cascade come up with Champions? What were Bell Buckle and Wartrace's mascots? I can't remember that, either. I remember playing Bell Buckle when I was in Jr. High (basketball).

The Forest High School nickname use to be the Wizards. This is because Nathan Bedford Forest was nicknamed the wizard during his time in the civil war. The school is named after him, that is a fact. I don't think Chapel Hill natives ( this does not include those dang yankees that work at the Saturn plant in Spring Hill) would want to change the Name of the school.

You know, I believe you are right. And the school newspaper was named "The Wizard". When did rebels come into being? And Rockets? I still haven't found anyone who can tell me the exact time Rockets was chosen. I'm still asking.

Nathan Bedford Forrest (on the horse) was the symbol MTSU used for their Raiders mascot. They changed it not too many years ago.

I'm a graduate of Forrest High School home of the Forrest Rockets and I'm proud to be one. If you don't want to go to school there and be a part of High School tradition. Go to school some place where you feel more at home. I'd be proud even to be connected to Forrest Gump. Don't you wish you had his MONEY!