Possible Up-Set year?

jlancaster

I think the Halls folks are going by most points scored vs Maryville last year. But yes, William-Blount was the closest. On top of that, I doubt Maryville has won 60 in a row by leaving teams off of the radar. I can't imagine that they're worried about Halls any more than the next team.

I hope they're thinking along these lines.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The blount game counted for nothing. Technically, I stand corrected, but I'd say that answering the Rebels score for score the entire game, at their place, playing the entire 2nd half without our starting QB, and failing to send it in to overtime after getting down within the red zone on the final drive makes it the closest game of the year, William Blount or no William Blount.

Final score

Maryville 38

Halls 30

Eye haiv two disagree sixsons....Will-Yum Blunt wuz clostest gaim uv tha yeer.....Hauls plaid good agin Mairvul.....And two tha 12,000 who showed up fer tha W.B. gaim thought hit counted fer somethin....

Finull scorr

Mairvul 20

Will-Yum Blunt 19

Allso sixsons, what are you talkin' 'bout???? Aftur Hauls scored two maik hit 38-30...Mairvul had tha only "final drive"...Thay took up the final 5 minetts of tha gaim and run out tha clock....Hauls nevur got a chance two git into overtime....Now Mairvul wuz almost in tha Hauls red zone when tha gaim ended and tha Rebs kneed it down on tha Hauls 25....

Eye haiv two disagree sixsons....Will-Yum Blunt wuz clostest gaim uv tha yeer.....Hauls plaid good agin Mairvul.....And two tha 12,000 who showed up fer tha W.B. gaim thought hit counted fer somethin....

Finull scorr

Mairvul 20

Will-Yum Blunt 19

Allso sixsons, what are you talkin' 'bout???? Aftur Hauls scored two maik hit 38-30...Mairvul had tha only "final drive"...Thay took up the final 5 minetts of tha gaim and run out tha clock....Hauls nevur got a chance two git into overtime....Now Mairvul wuz almost in tha Hauls red zone when tha gaim ended and tha Rebs kneed it down on tha Hauls 25....

From a Halls guy myself, I couldn't agree with you or any other Maryville fan any more. Billy Blount was for sure the toughest game for Maryville last year. Thank goodness they aren't on the scrimmage schedule this year, although I think they graduated a few...last spring was not pretty. As for the Halls/Maryville game last year...it was good. Very entertaining for us fans. Coach Julian probably was ready to shoot somebody though seeing how he's a defensive guy and Maryville was seemingly unstoppable. And yes, Maryville was driving the ball the last 5 minutes of the game like you said STARS. Some people have selective hearing, others have selective memory /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Thus, to keep the idea of the game at a 1 score game...the last drive didn't happen. See, us Halls people aren't that dumb. We're actually trying to manipulate the masses and improve our recruiting efforts by appearing to have played the best game against THE Maryville Rebels last year /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I give Halls credit for playing so well vs Maryville last year. I have no doubt that Halls is setting a trap for Maryville in week zero.

William Blount was by far Maryville's toughest game. I also think that game took some wind out of William Blounts sails. There was no excuse for how they played vs Bearden. It didn't look like the same team.

I stand corrected on the final drive. It's not "selective memory", it's called simply being wrong. Honest mistake. Still, Halls scored 30 on Maryville and no one else (including in the post-season) scored more than 21 on the Rebels all season.

My point is the same >>> August 22nd should be on top of the Rebels radar.