District 5-AA Tournament

Pounder02

Well the Mexican hit it right on. Phillips lasted a little over 4 innings. Score was 7-3, not 7-5 as predicted. Central had ten hits and if they would have drove runs home in early innings, the game would have been over in 5. Like I said I am glad you aren't a scout cause Starr might have ended up at Chatt State or Roane State. Again go see him after Med School and he will help you with your eyesight as well.

Maybe he could check yours as well the game was not out of hand as bad as you seen it. Polk left 11 runners on base and left bases loaded twice, once in the third. If we get a couple of hits its a different game. Also Central made no errors which is very uncommon as of lately. It was just their night, everything went right for them and Polk could do nothing right. This is why you don't play a one game Championship everyone has nights like this and we were due for one.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starr does not have a position. Pretty good hitter but not much power and struggles with a inside pitch so he will not be a first baseman. Reminds me of someone else that played last year in our district and I made the same argument. Where do you put him at the college level?

Why did we decide to play a one game Championship in the first place, when everyone else played double elimination?

I dont know who the genius was that came up with this years tournament format. It hurt Polk more than anyone cause Central only had to beat them once. I hope it will get changed next year. Hope to see a rematch this coming Wednesday. Only time will tell what the future holds for any kid at the next level. College coaches see something in their recrutiment.

I dont know who the genius was that came up with this years tournament format. It hurt Polk more than anyone cause Central only had to beat them once. I hope it will get changed next year. Hope to see a rematch this coming Wednesday. Only time will tell what the future holds for any kid at the next level. College coaches see something in their recrutiment.

The format hurt Polk in the long run but they killed themselves last night with the errors and leaving runners on base. I hope to see you guys Wednesday as well.

Well the Mexican hit it right on. Phillips lasted a little over 4 innings. Score was 7-3, not 7-5 as predicted. Central had ten hits and if they would have drove runs home in early innings, the game would have been over in 5. Like I said I am glad you aren't a scout cause Starr might have ended up at Chatt State or Roane State. Again go see him after Med School and he will help you with your eyesight as well.

I have to hand it to you Mexican, you did call it, pretty much on the head. But I have to ask you this, who picked up the umps tabs at Memories after the game? TSSAA should not allow local umps to call local games at this time of the year. It has benefitted Central having Roberts call most all there games in the tournament this year.

You can thank Bill Tripplett for the format. He is the district chair and came up with the plan to cross bracket.

As far as it hurting Polk, NO WAY. Polk finished early and had Phillips pretty much at FULL REST. McMinn used alot of pitching to get by Boyd. They had to throw the ace of their staff TWICE against Boyd. So, on paper, everything pointed to Polk being the favorite. Just admit that Mcminn was better on this day. And, if you look at last week, Polk and Central split whith Central basically giving away the last game due to taking players out. So, as I see it, McMinn leads the series 2 to 1 and are district champs. This from an unbiased fan of NEITHER team. Good luck in region. I hope they meet again since they represent 5AA. Both are quality teams and can do well in sectionals. Dont take Marion or Hixson lightly though, particuarly Marion. They can flat out hit.

by the way, who did Central throw?

You can thank Bill Tripplett for the format. He is the district chair and came up with the plan to cross bracket.

As far as it hurting Polk, NO WAY. Polk finished early and had Phillips pretty much at FULL REST. McMinn used alot of pitching to get by Boyd. They had to throw the ace of their staff TWICE against Boyd. So, on paper, everything pointed to Polk being the favorite. Just admit that Mcminn was better on this day. And, if you look at last week, Polk and Central split whith Central basically giving away the last game due to taking players out. So, as I see it, McMinn leads the series 2 to 1 and are district champs. This from an unbiased fan of NEITHER team. Good luck in region. I hope they meet again since they represent 5AA. Both are quality teams and can do well in sectionals. Dont take Marion or Hixson lightly though, particuarly Marion. They can flat out hit.

by the way, who did Central throw?

I think Coach Hart had a hand in it as well. How can you say it didn't hurt Polk they were undefeated and Central had one loss so now the series is even but with the one game championship Central wins. Phillips at full rest is no bonus he throws better a little tired. As for Central giving away their loss to Polk how do you come up with that? Polk pitched a Senior, two Freshmen and a Sophomore. The left handed freshmen has only pitched in a couple of games all year. When Allen left the game it was tied. So you could say Polk gave that game away. YOU don't sound so UNBIASED.

I have to hand it to you Mexican, you did call it, pretty much on the head. But I have to ask you this, who picked up the umps tabs at Memories after the game? TSSAA should not allow local umps to call local games at this time of the year. It has benefitted Central having Roberts call most all there games in the tournament this year.

I'm the stupid one on the umpires tab. Don't know anything about that. I agree with local umps comment.

It is funny that Roberts called the game last night against Polk who put Meigs out of the tournament and beat them four times this year. Roberts is pathetic as an ump but Polk did not get it done in the field or at the plate.

It is funny that Roberts called the game last night against Polk who put Meigs out of the tournament and beat them four times this year. Roberts is pathetic as an ump but Polk did not get it done in the field or at the plate.

Dont forget the fact that Polk beat Meigs 4 times this year. Not to mention the FACT that his Dad was wearing blue and sitting with the Mcminn Central fans last night.