And the new HC at MTCS is........

In Rutherford County atleast a teacher can bring their kids to their exact school with no penalty.

Let me restate this so even the simplest of minds can understand(must be a MTSU grad). Most school systems have a rule that if you teach in that system and live within the boundaries of that system, your school age children MUST attend school in that system. not necessarily at the school where one teaches.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me restate this so even the simplest of minds can understand(must be a MTSU grad). Most school systems have a rule that if you teach in that system and live within the boundaries of that system, your school age children MUST attend school in that system. not necessarily at the school where one teaches.

It has nothing to do with having a simple mind, that is not a rule in 99% of school systems (It's probably 100, but I'll leave it open just in case). Please provide a link to a school system's web site that has this rule. I know several teachers that live in one county and teach in a neighboring county. It may be that way in other states, but in TN, it is not a rule. School systems cannot enforce where their teachers live OR where their teachers' children go to school.

So maybe you should check your educational credentials.

Back to the topic of the thread.....

Good luck Coach Shad. He will be successful wherever he goes.

It has nothing to do with having a simple mind, that is not a rule in 99% of school systems (It's probably 100, but I'll leave it open just in case). Please provide a link to a school system's web site that has this rule. I know several teachers that live in one county and teach in a neighboring county. It may be that way in other states, but in TN, it is not a rule. School systems cannot enforce where their teachers live OR where their teachers' children go to school.

So maybe you should check your educational credentials.

Back to the topic of the thread.....

Good luck Coach Shad. He will be successful wherever he goes.

metro nashville for one. I have family that teaches in that system.

Hey Buddy i gave you the situation im familiar with. I know the child of a teacher or coach can attend their school. As for the rest if i knew the answer i would have answered it. And im not an MTSU Grad you J.A.

Hey Buddy i gave you the situation im familiar with. I know the child of a teacher or coach can attend their school. As for the rest if i knew the answer i would have answered it. And im not an MTSU Grad you J.A.

Back in the 80's and most of the 90's, if you taught in metro, you had to live in metro. They were losing teachers like crazy and they changed that rule around 95 or 96. None of the coaches that are at R'dale now that used to be at Hillsboro lived in Davidson Co.

Williamson County Rules: Williamson County Board of Education School Attendance Areas, Zoning and Nonresident Students

Students can only attend schools within their school transportation zone.

Exceptions:

1) If a school is open zoned outside ones transportation zone, one may apply to attend this open school zone if approved by the school system and provide own transportation.

2) If the student is grandfather in to the school because of rezoning and provide own transportation

3) Children of Williamson County Board of Education employees (RESIDENT) who are residents of Williamson County and whose work assignment is located in a Williamson County School District school will be eligible to attend out-of-zone any school within the high school feeder zone in which the employee??™s work assignment is located. If there is more than one feeder school, the out-of-zone approval is at the discretion of the principals of the feeder schools involved.

4) Children of Williamson County Board of Education employees (NON-RESIDENT) who reside outside Williamson County and whose work assignment is located in a Williamson County School District school(s) will be eligible, with the standard family tuition, to attend any school within the high school feeder zone in which the employee??™s work assignment is located. If there is more than one feeder school, the out-of-zone approval is at the discretion of the Principals of the feeder schools involved.

anyways...with all due respect.The community of Smyrna thanks Coach shadowens and whjat he has done for the kids in the community.BUt MTCS????...wow...i love the family excuse he uses to his former smyrna players at smyrna.....but anyways...just stunned and shocked that he liedto everyone....but GOOD LUCK Philip.....Seriously you'll need it..HA /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Do you think any transfers will show up at MTCS from other schools in the general area. Don't accuse me of something cause I dont know the man. But I reported this months ago after hearing talk at the state 5A championship game. Now I wander what took so long?

anyways...with all due respect.The community of Smyrna thanks Coach shadowens and whjat he has done for the kids in the community.BUt MTCS????...wow...i love the family excuse he uses to his former smyrna players at smyrna.....but anyways...just stunned and shocked that he liedto everyone....but GOOD LUCK Philip.....Seriously you'll need it..HA /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Time Out! What a great and classy post (sarcasm intended). Just how in the world did he lie? Yeah, he said he was coming back, but if you have read the papers you would know that he had been denied twice. He probably thought that it was over with. So when he said he was coming back, he really thought he was. Then it seems like Mr. Throneberry got involved and "suggested" the board vote again. This was well after the point that he said he was staying. You cannot fault him for what he did. Saying that he used his family as an excuse is preposterous and shows just how ridiculous and uninformed you are as a person. First off he has two daughters that will be in high school and middle school. If you look at MTCS' web site, that adds up to close to $12,000 per year. That is not chump change, and I expect that faculty members receive all or most of the tuition discounted for their children to attend there. Most private schools have that kind of deal.

This sickens me to see a parent of a player take cheap shots at a coach that got his son 2 Championship rings. Seems like you need to use your efforts getting behind the new coach and giving him your support instead of tearing down the previous coach that only gave everything in his power for Smyrna High School. Things change and time moves on, and you can sit and sulk or move forward. It seems pretty obvious which you have chosen. I just hope you haven't passed this venom to your son. Smyrna needs all its players AND parents to support the new coach and help keep the momentum rolling.

I don't have a son at Smyrna or really any dog in the fight, it just made me sick to see a cheap shot like this taken at a class guy.