cbhs vs usj

hsbaseballfan03

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that is a two game suspension, then what ever the school does on top of that. If a high school kid got in the face of an umpire I would think administration would step in and have something to say about that!!!!

After seeing what I saw and hearing a little bit about this umpire's comments, I would hope that there would be an appeal by the administration.

I think that is a two game suspension, then what ever the school does on top of that. If a high school kid got in the face of an umpire I would think administration would step in and have something to say about that!!!!

actually i heard that the umpire was very bad. he was obviously for cbhs because gant is not the type to act like this. tuesdays matchup will be alot better one. and by the way gant will not be throwing

the umpire was not great and he did make a couple of questionable calls at the plate but they went both ways. also neither the usj nor cbhs coach knew who the umpire was. he has never been at any cbhs games, home or away. hopefully tuesday will be a better matchup though. but i hope this shows that cbhs and DII are not as weak as everybody on this message board thinks they are because cbhs honestly stomped usj tnight. drew smith threw a complete game and only gave up two hits (one was a dinker to the third baseman that he could not get to in time, and the other hit was the final out when overby tried to reach second off a base hit but was gunned out by the right fielder) but the game on tues will show if usj is a better team then what they showed against cbhs in memphis

I would say the umpiring was below average for a high school game. I have been around high school baseball a whole bunch since '99 when I was a freshman and I have never seen either of those umps and I was not impressed by either. The ump behind the plate looked like a hitter's ump and the field umpire looked a little lost. But even if you say the officiating was just ###### poor and went totally against USJ, do you think that really justifies a high school player getting in the face (and from my angle looked like he made contact, nothing major but did look like contact) with an umpire? If you make ANY excuse for that kind of behavior you are just being crazy. Taking it a step further does poor officiating (for both teams) excuse a 10-0 game? You've got to score one to beat your mom, so say what you will but CBHS thoroughly handled USJ tonight and it did answer the question brought up in the preseason whether CBHS could even beat USJ or not.

I would say the umpiring was below average for a high school game. I have been around high school baseball a whole bunch since '99 when I was a freshman and I have never seen either of those umps and I was not impressed by either. The ump behind the plate looked like a hitter's ump and the field umpire looked a little lost. But even if you say the officiating was just ###### poor and went totally against USJ, do you think that really justifies a high school player getting in the face (and from my angle looked like he made contact, nothing major but did look like contact) with an umpire? If you make ANY excuse for that kind of behavior you are just being crazy. Taking it a step further does poor officiating (for both teams) excuse a 10-0 game? You've got to score one to beat your mom, so say what you will but CBHS thoroughly handled USJ tonight and it did answer the question brought up in the preseason whether CBHS could even beat USJ or not.

The umpiring did not win or lose the game for anyone. It is not an excuse for losing. I think USJ went a little flat after the incident. From my angle it looked like there was some contact but it looked like the umpire made contact with the player. I think the homeplate umpire was more favorable to CBHS and the field umpire was making up for him in the field.

No player, repeat No Player ever needs to question balls and strikes. This is a job for the coach and he is on a slippery slope when he questions the balls and strikes. I have seen some schools suspend the suspended player an additional 2 games for being thrown out of a game for bad behavior.

Let's see what USJ does but my guess is that Gant is suspended for the mandatory 2 games and no additional games.

The umpiring did not win or lose the game for anyone. It is not an excuse for losing. I think USJ went a little flat after the incident. From my angle it looked like there was some contact but it looked like the umpire made contact with the player. I think the homeplate umpire was more favorable to CBHS and the field umpire was making up for him in the field.

I watched the game, and didn't feel the umpires made any kind of impact. There were bad calls, but they were going both ways.

But let's not take away from Drew Smith's performance on the mound. The fact is, he just controlled the entire game. USJ couldn't figure him out, and no matter what the umpires did, if you can't score, you can't win. And Smith controlled this part of the game.

I watched the game, and didn't feel the umpires made any kind of impact. There were bad calls, but they were going both ways.

But let's not take away from Drew Smith's performance on the mound. The fact is, he just controlled the entire game. USJ couldn't figure him out, and no matter what the umpires did, if you can't score, you can't win. And Smith controlled this part of the game.

Yes, Drew Smith gave an excellent performance.