Rankings Week 8

mjuhb

Elizabethton put on an incredible perfomance last thursday even though they came up short, they scored in the first 2 minutes of the game against dobyns-bennet on a rip from bout 20 yards out and led til bout 10 min left til halftime, they gave up a pk in the final 10 minutes of the game and lost 3-1 but i just caught wind that they where missing 5 starters this week due to a extra curricular activity traveling somewhere, i believe they could have got a tie out of DB, they played them better than anybody else around here has so far. South also gave up two free kick goals to the tribe on friday so northeast TN is getting pretty competitive

(tongue & cheek of course) Eastknox22...You continue to be awfully tough on of the Tribe soccer team. Give these kids the credit they deserve and have earned. They read your comments too. Are you truly being fair and objective?

Regardless of the naysayers & doubters, DB continues to win and score at a record pace for the school and... The state's only undefeated team left at 14-0-3? Are they #1, not quite, but they continue to prove many wrong...this is a very dangerous team to play.

Elizabethton played a solid defensive game against DB by playing 7 back / 4 or 5 on the back line the entire game. Unfortunately, this kept them from mounting much of an offensive threat for most of the game. FYI - DB was the team actually missing two defensive starters due to extra curricular school activities in both the Elizabethton and South games. It showed in the first 2 minutes at Eliz, giving up the quick goal and breakdowns late in the South game but goalie Chad Strickland was very solid again in the shutout, his 7th.

David Geno has scored 24 goals in 13 games played (school single season record already). TSSAA's top sophomore? All-state?

Mitch Gardner, Colton Clark & Craig Mitchem all with double figure goals scored. Bryce Herlong has emerged as one of the states top sweepers. Each worthy of All-conference, district & region status. Zac Jenkins (solid every game), Eric Hammonds (returning starter from ACL tear), Colin O'Brien, Danny Clark, Daniel Murphy, Jack Dell, Josh Livesay, Brad Davidson, Chase Gibbons, Xavier Collazo & Ray Menya (lost with a broken leg) and many other contributors that should also be mentioned. These kids deserve to be congratulated - not dismissed.

Sorry if I left someone out.

Coach Calvert has followed his success at M West with an exceptional year at DB.

The season continues. #8 ranking has been earned.

[b/]

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is DB so underated.. They are having a terrific season..They atleast deserve top 3/4 in AAA

Dpn't get me wrong, they just haven't played that well of competition this season except for the SC tournament. Give it time... if theyre a great team they'll start turning heads and getting recongition here in the next fews weeks. Keep it up

You should see the teams they played there...some schools have played No ONE and are in the top five with losses. I dont see how that is fair. Same on Eurosport.com

I will agree, they should be #5 or #6 ahead of Independence, and Shelbyville, not sure about Bearden but definately ahead of those 2. personally i dont see why shelbyville is in the top 10 but rankings only matter after the state championship. dont worry.

DB does have a very good team and does have a lot of good position players but the problem is they are good for northeast tennessee standard it has always been DB or science hill coming out of this area. once you get to knoxvile and beyond the play changes and they are not able to keep up with the pace of the game I would have liked to seen them play the bearden game but it was rained out that would have realy told were they are as a team. Talent is alot different the further south you go and the boys from northeast tenn. are not able to handle the more aggresive style of play. I realy do hope I am wrong this year but I do not see us getting past knoxville and like every body says the rankings do not matter until you are the last two team playing at state. best of luck to DB the rest of the season.

fyi. They are not the states only undefeated team! Jp2 is 12-0 with no ties!

jp2 and brentwood not only have undefeated records they have perfect records

dobyns-bennett hasn't played any knoxville teams they should stay undefeated until sub-state

shelbyville's last loss was march 22 thier a small town team with alot of speed plus their coach has no eurosport vote so thats probably why they will never show up in the eurosport poll

What kills Shelbyville's case for inclusion in the polls is the strength of schedule.

From Eurosportscoreboard.com: Combined W-L-T record of Opponents

Shelbyville: 77-86-35

Hendersonville: 107-45-30

Switch those records and Shelbyville would absolutely deserve to be ranked. Although I'd wager they might show up in the Eurosport polls this week since several teams above them lost some games last week. If not, the snub can always serve as motivation on the field.

What kills Shelbyville's case for inclusion in the polls is the strength of schedule.

From Eurosportscoreboard.com: Combined W-L-T record of Opponents

Shelbyville: 77-86-35

Hendersonville: 107-45-30

Switch those records and Shelbyville would absolutely deserve to be ranked. Although I'd wager they might show up in the Eurosport polls this week since several teams above them lost some games last week. If not, the snub can always serve as motivation on the field.

well then why is collierville ranked 11 in eurosport

they get destroyed by houston then they turn around and play mckenzie, milan and jackson christian

but the reason why i choose that top 5 is that those teams haven't had a loss in the last 2 weeks that has made them look bad

well then why is collierville ranked 11 in eurosport

they get destroyed by houston then they turn around and play mckenzie, milan and jackson christian

but the reason why i choose that top 5 is that those teams haven't had a loss in the last 2 weeks that has made them look bad

When the new eurosport rankings come out, i seriously doubt collierville will be ranked. However, shelbyville hasn't lost, but also hasn't played anyone. To be ranked that high, you need to at least have beaten a good team. Shelbyville's a good team. I just don't think they deserve to be ranked that high.

their coach has no eurosport vote so thats probably why they will never show up in the eurosport poll

I have NO idea who is doing the Eurosport rankings this year. I am a "voting member" and have received no information and no e mails for my votes. My contact from last season has not responded. If someone knows, let us know, because I sure don't and would like to.