SPitt vs Trousdale cnty scrimmage may 23rd in sewanee

Geno

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be wrong and will stand corrected if that is so. I have always understood that 8th graders could play varsity football if they were in the same building under same administration. It has been that way a long time. Greenback and Copper Basin come under that rule. My question is the 7th graders. If they participated in spring practice, I think that would be a violation. It would be the same thing if an 8th grader practiced with a 9-12 team.

Eighth Grade Participation

Section 8. An eighth grade student is eligible to participate for a member school if he/she is enrolled at the school. Students below the eighth grade are not eligible. Any student repeating the eighth grade shall not be eligible for high school participation during the year that the student is repeating the eighth grade.

From TSSAA By-laws--I think someone has mis-spoke about the playing of 7th graders.

I may be wrong and will stand corrected if that is so. I have always understood that 8th graders could play varsity football if they were in the same building under same administration. It has been that way a long time. Greenback and Copper Basin come under that rule. My question is the 7th graders. If they participated in spring practice, I think that would be a violation. It would be the same thing if an 8th grader practiced with a 9-12 team.

7th graders can not practice with varsity in any case. 8th graders can participate in spring training with varsity as long as they are in the same building