District 13AA Tournament

sportszone1010

Wow!!!! What a game! Thanks for the reply......I heard the catch by the Right fielder was out of this world /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I also heard Obion lost to Dyersburg OMG.....Westview and Gibson lock horns today. Does any one know the other game that will play today in district 13AA?

A big game in the other district in our Region. Haywood and Ripley-loser goes home. A lot of eyes will be on this one /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Dyersburg vs. Milan

After this game only 3 teams are left.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dyersburg vs. Milan

After this game only 3 teams are left.

I am shocked with Dyer Co. I really thought they would step it up and have a good tourney. OC, yet another shocker. They play really well at their place on average. However, it looks like they had very good pitching but just ran into some better pitching. So, it's down to 4 teams.

Gibson vs. Westview

Dyersburg vs. Milan

The easy pick seems to be Westview over Gibson and the tougher game will be Dyersburg over Milan. However, I think some people might be surprised at the outcomes tonight. It's a crazy district and we'll see who's ready to step their game up tonight and who's not.

Well this district tourny has lived up to everything we thought it would be. Tough and down to the wire. The 'View are now for sure in the drivers seat. They beat Gibson by 10 runs in the 6 inning shut out and that means in order for someone to knock the 'View off they will have to beat them twice. Don't think that will happen.....As for Milan and Gibson that will be a great match up. I think Gibson will find just enough hits to pull this off but the reward will be Westview again...... Hum..... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Gibson did not have any good luck with the 'View but the 4th time could be the charm for Gibson. Just don't see them putting the 'View down TWICE for the championship. Coach Henson has done a great job with his Gibson Co. team. Once again coach of the year in this distrcit no questions asked.

As we wind down just take a look back and remember "what a season".

And just think the fun will just be starting for the teams that make it to the Regional games. Good luck to all!!!!!:thumb:

The 'View is definitely making a statement. By the way they have been playing lately, no one in the district can beat them. They have three great seniors that do a good job of leading this team. Then they have a junior that has been playing exceptionally well. They have a great sophomore class that has some of the top players on the team. Then they have a couple freshman who have done some great things for the team as well. Their two pitchers (one freshman and one sophomore) have had an amazing year!! Both have ERAs less than 1. That's pretty incredible. They keep this play up and they will make it to the state tournament again with no problem.

People state that Coach Henson should get the coach of the year(yes he has done a good job making Gibson Co a competing team now)....but what about Coach Suiter? He has only been at the school for four years....his first year he took them to the region tournament for the first time in like ten years, his third year he took them to the state tournament for the first time in school history, and then his fourth year they win the district and have a good chance of making the state tournament again. A pretty good coach if you ask me!

Good luck to the 'View the rest of the season!

The 'View is definitely making a statement. By the way they have been playing lately, no one in the district can beat them. They have three great seniors that do a good job of leading this team. Then they have a junior that has been playing exceptionally well. They have a great sophomore class that has some of the top players on the team. Then they have a couple freshman who have done some great things for the team as well. Their two pitchers (one freshman and one sophomore) have had an amazing year!! Both have ERAs less than 1. That's pretty incredible. They keep this play up and they will make it to the state tournament again with no problem.

People state that Coach Henson should get the coach of the year(yes he has done a good job making Gibson Co a competing team now)....but what about Coach Suiter? He has only been at the school for four years....his first year he took them to the region tournament for the first time in like ten years, his third year he took them to the state tournament for the first time in school history, and then his fourth year they win the district and have a good chance of making the state tournament again. A pretty good coach if you ask me!

Good point!! One thing you would have to look at is all the talent Coach Suiter has. Gibson did not have anything close to that kind of talent. Is Suiter a great Coach.....No doubt. Just don't know if he deserve coach of the year.

Guest nwtnsports

Westview is definitely the best team in 13AA, and Coach Suiter has done a great job. The Lady Chargers have a really good shot at making it back to the state tournament. I do think, though, that Coach Henson deserves the Coach of the Year award because Gibson Co. went from 15-21-1 last year with only one regular-season district win to 24-12 so far this season, finishing third in the regular-season and making, at least, the district semifinals. That's a significant improvement in one year. Regardless of the result, both are talented coaches, but I'm sure they would tell us their team's effort and accomplishments are more important.

Best of luck to the three district teams remaining!

Westview is definitely the best team in 13AA, and Coach Suiter has done a great job. The Lady Chargers have a really good shot at making it back to the state tournament. I do think, though, that Coach Henson deserves the Coach of the Year award because Gibson Co. went from 15-21-1 last year with only one regular-season district win to 24-12 so far this season, finishing third in the regular-season and making, at least, the district semifinals. That's a significant improvement in one year. Regardless of the result, both are talented coaches, but I'm sure they would tell us their team's effort and accomplishments are more important.

Best of luck to the three district teams remaining!

Great post I would totally agree!

WESTVIEW 2 MILAN 5 1st Game

WESTVIEW 9 MILAN 2 Championship Game

What a great Tourny! Will have two regional games today Westview/Haywood and Covington/Milan. This will be the first steps towards state.

Good luck!!!! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="