State AAA!

pseudophobia

If you are implying that Farragut should not be ranked highly, then I would disagree. I am not a Farragut supporter, but they are easily within the top 5 AAA teams. 19-2-2 with a knockout overtime loss to a very strong West team is among the best seasons in the state.

No I'm not saying that. But let me ask you this would you rank them above the teams that make it all the way to the final 8 in Murfreesboro? Is it or is not why we have a playoff system.

This debate stems from the girls season, and I'm sure no one (including myself) would like to rehash those events.

Canes I meant my post as a inside joke, not a post for debate. But I will be watching to see how the final rankings shake out.

akula21 Posted Today, 01:25 PM

why would new rankings come out during the tournament, why not wait until its over and then you would know for real.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

south 4-0 greeneville

west ?? science hill

oak ridge 2-1 maryville

west 3-2 farragut

mcminn co 2-0 soddy-daisy

cleveland 1-0 ooltewah

blackman 5-4 columbia

riverdale 2-0 shelbyville

hendersonville 4-0 rossview

dickson ?? lavergne

brentwood 3-0 glencliff

independence 2-0 mcgavock

region 7 ?

houston 7-1 central

No I'm not saying that. But let me ask you this would you rank them above the teams that make it all the way to the final 8 in Murfreesboro? Is it or is not why we have a playoff system.

Polls or rankings are simply opinions of the voters or publishers. If I was publishing a ranking, I'm sure I'd have Farragut above some of the teams advancing. That does not take anything away from the teams that advanced further.

A playoff is used to determine the state champion, semifinalists, quaterfinalists, etc. Not to generate a ranking.

Polls or rankings are simply opinions of the voters or publishers. If I was publishing a ranking, I'm sure I'd have Farragut above some of the teams advancing. That does not take anything away from the teams that advanced further.

A playoff is used to determine the state champion, semifinalists, quaterfinalists, etc. Not to generate a ranking.

Fair enough....well said.

The way the current system is set up, 8 teams will arrive at state that represent four geographical locations. They are not neccasarily the best 8 teams in the state. (Ask anyone in District 11).

My point is simply this. If you take the NCAA basketball as an example AP's last poll was March 7, the last week before the tournament started. Once the tournament started there is no poll, only how they finished in the tourny. In the Eurosport rankings that was how it was done also.. until the girls season last year.

Somewhere between when eurosport rankings began to this past season it has changed. If you look at the prevoius years it simply put the teams that made it to the final tournament with who they played and their scores.

Now is Farragut a great team, Heck yes. I would not want to take anything away from their program or any team that plays in District 11. However, I would hate to take away from any other team that had played their way to Murfreesboro. Those teams might had weaker districts, but once Regions start there are no weak teams. Ask CCS, Ask N.Dame.

I guess everyone wants to look at the season as a whole....For me it's how you finish that counts. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

enough said

>>MVM says--once Regions start there are no weak teams.

Debatable statement. Soddy-Daisy was second place in a 4 team district. Teams 3 and 4 had a combined record of 0-15-3 according to Eurosports. Soddy was 6-8-2 yet as a result of being second in a weak district was a regional qualifier.

i would say a brentwood/houston final

also i was wondering how travel costs will be effecting the state tournament becuase right now in tullahoma gas is 3.68 a gallon and rising every day

thats the main reason why can't go well that and chelsea/man u game is next wednesday