Congrats Big G!

BigDog7

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Big G on win #100! It doesn't happen by accident. Well done and glad to see Brandon Tarr is back (since we don't have to play you . . .).

Many thanks, Big Dog! It has been a wonderful journey thus far, and last night was just one of the great moments.

Brandon actually isn't "back". He got cleared last night and had a special cast put on, knowing that it was playing for 100 for me. He was not 100% and is going on a day by day basis. He will most likely not see much of the field against Catholic (if any) because while it is a big game, it isn't a knock out game...

Some of our young guys have really stepped up through all of the injuries... Matt Warren scored a beauty of a goal last night, and Jake's volley was a goal (watched it in slow mo this morning!) but those things happen.

Many thanks to the cak alum and parents who made 100 possible. Thanks for giving me a chance to fill in after an iconic Coach Platillero left for Spain. I could not have done it with out you all.

Congratulations coach. I didnt know that you were so close to this accomplishment. This is a very public forum for something that I take with such personal pride but I want you to know that the few times that you have allowed me to represent your program have been some of my favorite moments as far as sports are concerned. Thank you very much coach and I cant wait for camps/HHI.

Im curious Coach which are you most proud of 100 wins or all those state titles

That is a good question!

I think the reason that the 100 wins is really special to me, is that every player who has ever come through my program here at CAK in the last 6 season has had an input into that 100. From my first win back in 2003 to this previous on Tuesday, I have had the honor to coach some incredible young men, who are even now getting married, starting careers and families, and even coaching! I still stay in touch with most all of my "boys". They are the ones who should be congratulated, and not me. There are a lot of coaches across the state who know more than I do about soccer. I just have the blessing of CAK giving me a chance, and the boys believing in themselves.

It honestly is two different types of emotions. Both are great! But you can't get too engrossed in either, because you know one day, that those victories will not always be there; someone will be better than you, younger than you, etc. so you can't let wins or losses define your success. I just hope that I'll be able to coach long enough to see one of my players get that 100 mark! I know that Todd Bradley at Morristown West is on his way!!! He was on my very first highschool team back in 93! What a player and what a coach! Good luck, Todd, in the tournament! You know I am rooting for ya!

Brandon actually isn't "back". He got cleared last night and had a special cast put on, knowing that it was playing for 100 for me. He was not 100% and is going on a day by day basis. He will most likely not see much of the field against Catholic (if any) because while it is a big game, it isn't a knock out game...

First he's playing for the season, then he's not. Then he's out for the season with injury, then he's not. Then he's kind of maybe back, then he might not be. What is the story????

First he's playing for the season, then he's not. Then he's out for the season with injury, then he's not. Then he's kind of maybe back, then he might not be. What is the story????

Ha Ha! You tell me! My assistant and I said we should write a book with all of the stories we have had to go through this year, even just with him. From what I heard two weeks ago, he was out for the season. His doctor then clears him to play, a LOT earlier than we were expecting. It has been a real "soap opera" to say the least! Sometimes your guess is as good as mine with what is going on, or with what is going to happen next!