FARRAGUT

BRAINSTORM

FHS 2

LC 0

Same post from Maryville Bearden thread:

Emotional game. Pre-game announcements dedicated to a L.C. football player who died earlier today AND FHS senior, Josh Riener's father, Jim, the FHS Booster Club President, passed away, heart attack. Devastating news as people started filing into the stadium. Thoughts and prayers to both families.

Just gives you a sick, sad feeling for all involved. For sure my thoughts and prayers are with these schools and families during this tragic time.

FHS 2

LC 0

Same post from Maryville Bearden thread:

Emotional game. Pre-game announcements dedicated to a L.C. football player who died earlier today AND FHS senior, Josh Riener's father, Jim, the FHS Booster Club President, passed away, heart attack. Devastating news as people started filing into the stadium. Thoughts and prayers to both families.

A sad day for both schools. A Lenoir City freshman died of trauma suffered from a collision while playing flag football in gym class on Wednesday afternoon. Nonetheless, a tragic day for everyone involved.

Condolences to the Riner family as well. I think everyone can say Jim did so much for Knoxville soccer, as well as the whole of East TN. He will be missed.

LC came out and played pretty well. Maybe a no call PK could've changed things, but such is the game. Should be a good matchup between Farragut and Maryville.

Condolences to the Riner family as well. I think everyone can say Jim did so much for Knoxville soccer, as well as the whole of East TN. He will be missed.

LC, you are exactly right. Jim Riner was a dear friend to me, my family and hundreds of other people in the

West Knoxville/Farragut area. He did as much to develop Knoxville soccer as any single individual I know. I can't tell you how shocked I was to hear this news today and I can't begin to tell you how much this fine man will be missed by all of the young people he helped and all of the old-timers, like me, who loved him and called him our friend. The world was a better place because he was here. I am so sorry for his passing, but he's one of the good guys who we know has gone to be with the One he so wonderfully served in this life. God bless Jim and God bless his wonderful family. We're going to miss him alot.