Lexington vs. Sycamore

TruFan18

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lexington should win this game without any trouble. Sycamore peaked early this year and looked terrible in the district tournament. Their first game was against Cheatham and Cheatham may be the worst team in AA this year. They beat Montgomery Central 8-2, but played sloppy defense with thier ace on the mound. Waverly beat them 1-0 and Sycamore made a very costly error and about three key baserunning mistakes. They beat Fairview last night 7-4, but trailed 3-2 going into the bottom of the 6th. With the help of a generous call by the ump behind the plate, they were able to get 5 runs in the 6th on three bloop hits. Fairview threw their number 3 pitcher and held them down. Sycamore made three outstadning defensive plays in the game that kept Fairview from scoring about 4 runs or it could have been a big win for Fairview. They couldnt hit the ball against Waverly in the championship game either.

Bottom line, Sycamore has trouble making the routine play in the field, but they will make the superstar play. They do not hit good pitching well, and if you have a decent lefty you can hold their offense down. Sycamore is a team with a lot of ego problems. They think they are a lot better then they really are and it showed in the distrcit tournament. They will probably throw BJ Walker, their so-called ace.

My prediction is a Lexington win by the mercy rule in 5.

Lexington should win this game without any trouble. Sycamore peaked early this year and looked terrible in the district tournament. Their first game was against Cheatham and Cheatham may be the worst team in AA this year. They beat Montgomery Central 8-2, but played sloppy defense with thier ace on the mound. Waverly beat them 1-0 and Sycamore made a very costly error and about three key baserunning mistakes. They beat Fairview last night 7-4, but trailed 3-2 going into the bottom of the 6th. With the help of a generous call by the ump behind the plate, they were able to get 5 runs in the 6th on three bloop hits. Fairview threw their number 3 pitcher and held them down. Sycamore made three outstadning defensive plays in the game that kept Fairview from scoring about 4 runs or it could have been a big win for Fairview. They couldnt hit the ball against Waverly in the championship game either.

Bottom line, Sycamore has trouble making the routine play in the field, but they will make the superstar play. They do not hit good pitching well, and if you have a decent lefty you can hold their offense down. Sycamore is a team with a lot of ego problems. They think they are a lot better then they really are and it showed in the distrcit tournament. They will probably throw BJ Walker, their so-called ace.

My prediction is a Lexington win by the mercy rule in 5.

What does BJ Walker throw?

What does BJ Walker throw?

He has a high 80's fastball, a nasty curve, and an alright change up.... He is a pretty good all around pitcher. sycamore was somewhat off of their game in the district tournament but you better believe coach d will have them ready to play ball when they head to lexington

He doesn't throw in the high 80s. Mid 80's would be more like it, and that is not on every pitch. Your looking 84-85 on the fastball. He is very hittable. Like I said Lexington drew a great match-up in Sycamore. Lexington will throw Keck and probably will win this game in a run rule match-up. Sycamore was strutting around all year like they were a team alot better than they were. It has caught up to them. District 11 is down this year, and it will show in the regions.

He has a high 80's fastball, a nasty curve, and an alright change up.... He is a pretty good all around pitcher. sycamore was somewhat off of their game in the district tournament but you better believe coach d will have them ready to play ball when they head to lexington

negative on the high 80's fastball. very hittable.

BJ Walker pitched Monday in the district tournament. I dont know who was behind the plate with the radar gun, but the highest he hit in the gun all night was 77. He has a decent curve, not much break but enough to keep you off balance. The change up he throws is weak at best, but he doesn't throw it much. If I was hitting him, I would sit on the fastball. He nibbles with the curve so lay off of it for the most part. He doesnt have the speed or movement on the fastball to overpower you.

BJ Walker pitched Monday in the district tournament. I dont know who was behind the plate with the radar gun, but the highest he hit in the gun all night was 77. He has a decent curve, not much break but enough to keep you off balance. The change up he throws is weak at best, but he doesn't throw it much. If I was hitting him, I would sit on the fastball. He nibbles with the curve so lay off of it for the most part. He doesnt have the speed or movement on the fastball to overpower you.

If Lexingtons bats get hot they are hard to keep in check . All 9 starters can hit really well , and almost all can take you yard at any time . Traveling to Lexington with Keck on the mound will a HUGE challenge for Sycamore . Odle will have his Red Tigers focused and fired up especially knowing this is an elimination game Monday.