CASCADE CHAMPIONS

FridayMainEvent

I am not trying to down Mr. Blackwell what so ever but I am kinda shocked that Corey Mullins did nto receive the MVP with his stats this season. From what i gather he hit over .450 with 9 homeruns and 5 triples. I know Blackwell is as good of a ball player as any just shocked a little that he got it over Corey. JMO congrats to all who recieved district honors.

Go Champs

I heard that Coach Parker is a little too animated for some of his peers. Personally I get a kick out of it and like the guy. I don't know if that played a role in the voting or not.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that Coach Parker is a little too animated for some of his peers. Personally I get a kick out of it and like the guy. I don't know if that played a role in the voting or not.

I hope not becaues that would be a very immature way of going about the business of running this district, but then again we are talking about adults we seeem to act like kids a lot of times when it comes to sports. Good thing is Parker could give a flying flip about individual accolades he just wants to win his last game of the season

I hope not becaues that would be a very immature way of going about the business of running this district, but then again we are talking about adults we seeem to act like kids a lot of times when it comes to sports. Good thing is Parker could give a flying flip about individual accolades he just wants to win his last game of the season

I dont think Corey would or could care less either. I was just stating that it is hard to beleive he missed out on the award. Either way the only award this team is concerned with is The Gold Ball at the end of the year.

Go Champs

I see that Friendship Christian and Richland both have beaten Cascade this year. I would have picked Cascade to be at state. I also see that Summertown has beaten Richland. I have seen several who predicted Lookout Valley to be the best in the state, but I see they were beaten by Rockwood early in the year. What is the competition looking like for state? Is Summertown on top? Or does everyone still think it will be Richland or Lookout Valley?

I see that Friendship Christian and Richland both have beaten Cascade this year. I would have picked Cascade to be at state. I also see that Summertown has beaten Richland. I have seen several who predicted Lookout Valley to be the best in the state, but I see they were beaten by Rockwood early in the year. What is the competition looking like for state? Is Summertown on top? Or does everyone still think it will be Richland or Lookout Valley?

You cant look at scores from games that were played earlier and tell much of anything. You have to know who pitched for each team, where the games were played, who was might be on a hot streak (or struggling) at the time, any special situations that existed at the time, etc, etc... I know that some teams dont pitch their top guys in potential matchups with state teams early in the season just so they can keep the other teams from seeing their ace too early. Its never easy to pick a favorite because there are so many factors that affect a baseball game. Unlike basketball and football where the most talented teams normally can be depended on to win, baseball is all about pitching. A weak hitting, lesser talented team can have a pitcher get hot and shut down a better team on any given day and pull an upset. There is never an automatic win in baseball. Good pitching shuts down good hitting. So you never know what can happen. Thats what makes baseball the greatest sport out there! Speaking of pitching, my rockwood friend tells me that last year in the state the teams that made it to the end were the ones that were loaded in quality pitching. The jackson christian team that beat them twice pitched 4 different pitchers in the first 4 games and each one was about equal with the others. If you have a stable of good pitchers, you have an excellent chance of going the distance!