MJ, Beech & W.C.

RIPSHOT

Of course, following MJ is my passion in all sports. If anyone had a chance to see the Mt. Juliet/Wilson Central game you would have not believed it. Wilson outplayed my girls...I must admit. But, in the end after 11 innings my M.J. Lady Bears prevailed on some key plays and a much needed single in the bottom of the 7th to keep their hopes alive.

Now, all of the sudden...M.J. can't beat Beech with a stick and a hammer. In the last two games that M.J. played those Beech girls, I have never seen so many hard balls hit by one team. And, they have two pitchers who are like night and day. I had not seen one of their pitchers before in our last 2 games. She looks like she is 8 feet tall and throws it so fast I can't keep up with it. Who is that and has she been injured cause that girls KILLED us in the last 2 games both hitting and pitching?

What is going on with Beech? I know they have been one of the best teams in the state this year, but they look like they have added some players because it was unbelievable seeing what they did in this district 9AAA tournament. Heck, they had 4 homeruns in two games against my M.J. girls ! Have they added some players that were previously injured or are they just in the grove so-to speak? And, I am confident M.J. will make it to the state. But, in order to do that do we have to play Beech again...and beat them?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course, following MJ is my passion in all sports. If anyone had a chance to see the Mt. Juliet/Wilson Central game you would have not believed it. Wilson outplayed my girls...I must admit. But, in the end after 11 innings my M.J. Lady Bears prevailed on some key plays and a much needed single in the bottom of the 7th to keep their hopes alive.

Now, all of the sudden...M.J. can't beat Beech with a stick and a hammer. In the last two games that M.J. played those Beech girls, I have never seen so many hard balls hit by one team. And, they have two pitchers who are like night and day. I had not seen one of their pitchers before in our last 2 games. She looks like she is 8 feet tall and throws it so fast I can't keep up with it. Who is that and has she been injured cause that girls KILLED us in the last 2 games both hitting and pitching?

What is going on with Beech? I know they have been one of the best teams in the state this year, but they look like they have added some players because it was unbelievable seeing what they did in this district 9AAA tournament. Heck, they had 4 homeruns in two games against my M.J. girls ! Have they added some players that were previously injured or are they just in the grove so-to speak? And, I am confident M.J. will make it to the state. But, in order to do that do we have to play Beech again...and beat them?

I agree, MJ should make it to state, but they do not have to beat Beech to get there. If they face each other again in the Regional, they will only be playing for home or away games for the sub-state.

The player you are referring to is Kat Banks (remember that name) .......... she is only a sophmore.

I agree, MJ should make it to state, but they do not have to beat Beech to get there. If they face each other again in the Regional, they will only be playing for home or away games for the sub-state.

The player you are referring to is Kat Banks (remember that name) .......... she is only a sophmore.

You have to be kidding. This Kat Banks looks like God-zilla out there...a tall and skinny one that is.

Is she a transfer in this year to the Beech School district cause I don't think I remember her from last year even though I didn't follow MJ like I have this season?

You have to be kidding. This Kat Banks looks like God-zilla out there...a tall and skinny one that is.

Is she a transfer in this year to the Beech School district cause I don't think I remember her from last year even though I didn't follow MJ like I have this season?

Not a transfer, played (and pitched) last year. Also plays point for their basketball team.

What is it about the Phenom pitchers with the name of "Kat" . Are there any more out there named Kat?!?

I am not a softball junkie, but there is a Kat who I believe got hurt this year at Riverdale (Hosefield, I think), there was a Kat Osterman that pitched at Texas a while back (I do believe), and I was thinking there used to be a Kat that pitched somewhere in Chattanooga last year or year before but I can't be for sure.

Anyway, that is my inventory of the "Kat" thing and it ain't too lenghty.

By the way, the Kat at Beech, I thought she threw harder than anyone I have seen all year from whom Mt. Juliet has played. Who compares to this type of speed? I am sure the Hosefield girl probably threw harder, but is there anyone else up there in the 60's...especially in the AAA division that Mt. Juliet is playing in and whom they MAY play later on?

I am not a softball junkie, but there is a Kat who I believe got hurt this year at Riverdale (Hosefield, I think), there was a Kat Osterman that pitched at Texas a while back (I do believe), and I was thinking there used to be a Kat that pitched somewhere in Chattanooga last year or year before but I can't be for sure.

Anyway, that is my inventory of the "Kat" thing and it ain't too lenghty.

By the way, the Kat at Beech, I thought she threw harder than anyone I have seen all year from whom Mt. Juliet has played. Who compares to this type of speed? I am sure the Hosefield girl probably threw harder, but is there anyone else up there in the 60's...especially in the AAA division that Mt. Juliet is playing in and whom they MAY play later on?

Kat is throwing well because she is fresh. Beech also has another top flight pitcher (Lauren Baker) who probably started about 70% of their games. This enabled Kat to not be "overused".

The only other pitcher that I know of that throws harder than Kat (on teams MJ may face) is Holly Thomas from Ooltewah. MJ would face them if both make it to state.

Kat is throwing well because she is fresh. Beech also has another top flight pitcher (Lauren Baker) who probably started about 70% of their games. This enabled Kat to not be "overused".

The only other pitcher that I know of that throws harder than Kat (on teams MJ may face) is Holly Thomas from Ooltewah. MJ would face them if both make it to state.

Let's get off the "Kat" thing and onto other things of importance.

Does anyone have a clue who Mt. Juliet will play next week? I have heard Dickson County, Rossview and Clarksville Northeast.

What is the status of the other district? It is my understanding that our district matches up with theirs to make up our region.

And...when is the first region game?

Let's get off the "Kat" thing and onto other things of importance.

Does anyone have a clue who Mt. Juliet will play next week? I have heard Dickson County, Rossview and Clarksville Northeast.

What is the status of the other district? It is my understanding that our district matches up with theirs to make up our region.

And...when is the first region game?

Only answereing questions you are asking.....

MJ will face the winner of District 10 (either Northeast, Rossview or Dickson Co.). Should play at their place on Monday. Clarksville NE is undefeated and Rossview will play DC to determine who will play NE.

Only answereing questions you are asking.....

MJ will face the winner of District 10 (either Northeast, Rossview or Dickson Co.). Should play at their place on Monday. Clarksville NE is undefeated and Rossview will play DC to determine who will play NE.

Thanks for your help Stlbrd.

Another question, what teams are in the "other" region that we will match up with? I am thinking it is the Ravenwood region if I recall from last year. And, which teams in that region are still in it assuming they have not yet determined their district champs? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />