INFO ON COOKEVILLE

FALCONBLUE1

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He wasnt at game heard he was not on team anymore, havent heard details

ss 2 errors in bottom of 7th killed us

unfortunatly in HS school the short stop is going to have errors there is a lot of activity there and your SS is a pretty decent one he gets to balls that other shortstops dont get to but yet he is charged for an error one of those things in baseball i dont agree with...also this is High school and those errors are going to happen...you lost by one run so what you are telling me is that everyone got a hit and everyone put the bunt down and everyone moved the runners in each situation so that the only thing that coast you the game was errors?...come on lighten up on the kid he plays hard everytime out and plays good in the games that i saw (about 6 or 7)

Congrats to cookeville on a great season and being district champs! and no matter who played in the line up I'm sure they did not want to lose and gave it all they had and that program up there is one of the best and coach chaffin runs it well. best of luck to all the seniors.

I'm not really familiar with the other coaches except tubbs and what better to ask for than a guy that played in the majors for a few years to help out the hitters. No Coaching staff prepares a line-up trying to lose a game. I couldn't make it to the game but I guarantee they played as hard as they could and left it all on the field. Its Baseball. You win some and you lose some. and hopefully most of those seniors will go on to play college ball somewhere

I'm not really familiar with the other coaches except tubbs and what better to ask for than a guy that played in the majors for a few years to help out the hitters. No Coaching staff prepares a line-up trying to lose a game. I couldn't make it to the game but I guarantee they played as hard as they could and left it all on the field. Its Baseball. You win some and you lose some. and hopefully most of those seniors will go on to play college ball somewhere

Just because you played doesnt mean you can coach, you got to do more than sit on a bucket, yes

congrats to all seniors and good luck in future, but lets get real these seniors left it all on the feild because

of who they are not because of anything this coaching staff did other than pad a few guys stats

tromo,

it is obvious that you are a bitter parent who's son did not play as much as you thought he should. coach chaffin saved cookeville from the embarassment of the previous coaches before him and is one of THE most respected coaches in this state. go back over to the babe ruth park and see if they need any help in the concession stand.

Not sure who "tromo" is, but I do not that he/she doesn't know anything about baseball if they believe that coach Chaffin isn't doing what needs to be done.

He is one of the best coaches in the state of Tennessee in high school baseball. He runs the program as well as anyone at any school and he does the right things. You or your son (whoever isn't getting to play.....which is causing this bitterness) should be sitting on the bench if that is where he has you! There's only one other coachthat I have ever been associated with that I would rather my son play baseball for, and I have played or coached in Tennessee since 1976!!!

I personally coached with Butch and I know that he plays the best 9 players that gives the team the best chance of winning and advancing. It doesn't matter who the kid's parents are, what they own, where they work, or how much money they have or donate to the program! This is the reason they got rid of him in the late 90's. He didn't play those kids that the $ parents wanted to play!

Good Job Coach Chaffin! Sorry about the loss. Really wanted to see you in the Boro this year.

If you ever need someone to coach with you, Give me a call!

Well Said MC' !

Coach Chaffin is a great coach and a greater person.

I still go back to something I heard a mom tell another mom last summer at a summerball tournament. How her son was the better 3rd baseman but that Coach Chaffin was playing his favorites instead of her son at 3rd base. We all know who that 'favorite' 3rd baseman is - don't we - too funny!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Well Said MC' !

Coach Chaffin is a great coach and a greater person.

I still go back to something I heard a mom tell another mom last summer at a summerball tournament. How her son was the better 3rd baseman but that Coach Chaffin was playing his favorites instead of her son at 3rd base. We all know who that 'favorite' 3rd baseman is - don't we - too funny!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

lol dont we just love parents lol