West / Oak Ridge

NedNatterjack

Just heard Oak Ridge beat West in PK's. Does anyone have any details on this game? I don't know even know how they finished the game. There was lightning all around the Farragut / Maryville game.

16 Minutes to go in the game when the first lightning strikes. West is up 2-0. They wait it out. They come back on and Oak Ridge ties it up in regulation. We left thinking they would not restart so the rest of the info is from texts we receive. Somewhere with 5 minutes to go in regulation another delay. Also a red card for West. Not sure if it is a double yellow or straight red. Two over times, then two golden goals. Still tied. On to PK's. Oak Ridge scores then West, Oak Ridge again as does West, Oak Ridge scores West misses, Oak Ridge scores, West scores, Oak Ridge scores. They win 4-3 on PK's or 3-2. Not sure how that is written.

Wow, bet no one saw this one coming. Including me! I guess this could throw a kink in some things for regions. So, the winner of Farragut / Maryville will host West. And the loser will travel to Oak Ridge.

Congratulations to Oak Ridge. It seems like they have really turned it on after that tie with Maryville last week.

Also a red card for West. Not sure if it is a double yellow or straight red.

It was straight to red, unless in the five minutes I wasn't there he got a yellow, and was on a kid who had not said a word all night. It should not have been a red, maybe a yellow, but at this point it was 11:15, the game started at seven, most are obviously extremely tired, and not to mention hungry after being at school for god knows how long, the ref should not have jumped so quickly to put West at a man down starting in the first overtime.

Wow. This is really surprising to me. Once again, it shows that any team can be beaten on any given night. Did the rain affect Tanner's throw ins?

Congrats to Oak Ridge. Coming together like you did at playoffs is a great thing to happen to a team (unless you are playing against them!)

Boy, a Farragut vs. West game would be interesting, and also sad in the same way. I think when they both are on, they are two of the best teams in the state. But, Farragut has to get through Maryville first!

Wow. This is really surprising to me. Once again, it shows that any team can be beaten on any given night. Did the rain affect Tanner's throw ins?

Congrats to Oak Ridge. Coming together like you did at playoffs is a great thing to happen to a team (unless you are playing against them!)

Boy, a Farragut vs. West game would be interesting, and also sad in the same way. I think when they both are on, they are two of the best teams in the state. But, Farragut has to get through Maryville first!

#11 (Tanner) had a brilliant throw to #10 (don't know name), about 35 yards, and #10 headed it past the OR keeper. This was relatively early in the 2nd half. One correction to an earlier post: The score was 2-1 when the first lightning delay occurred; OR had just scored off of a volley from a free kick.