2008 McMinn Central Chargers

Jimmy you are right. There are some lineman questions. Which 5 of 9 are going to start? How many pancake blocks does Kyle Long get this year? Are there any offensive tackles that will be able to block Ben Stiles and DJ King? How often are most teams going to have to max protect in order to throw the football? These are just a few of the questions that are being pondered.

Besides King, how many other recruits have been brought in from other schools? Need to recruit for your secondary! I will give Stiles some credit, just solid ball player. Of course I cant gripe about recruiting thats all we do.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides King, how many other recruits have been brought in from other schools? Need to recruit for your secondary! I will give Stiles some credit, just solid ball player. Of course I cant gripe about recruiting thats all we do.

Who is we? Notre Dame? What secondary do we need to recruit?? Id put them 4 up against any team in the region!

First of all, why are you bashing the Central secondary? They more than held their own against Alcoa and held the spread passing attack of McMinn to a big fat GOOSE EGG! Now, please allow me to open a big can of worms. If you want to talk recruiting, just wait and see if the rumor going around Charger land about a certain QB within the region transfering to Central comes true. Not that Central is recruiting anybody, but this kid and his father are looking for "another place to play". Im not saying this will happen and I personally HATE rumors, but there are some awful important people talking about this. If this does come true, it wont matter if Jackson plays or not. If Jackson does play and this rumor is true, Jackson can go to the tailback rotation. (My goodness how many tailbacks can one team have?) Once again just a rumor and I wont mention any names to protect the innocent, but this could get interesting.

First of all, why are you bashing the Central secondary? They more than held their own against Alcoa and held the spread passing attack of McMinn to a big fat GOOSE EGG! Now, please allow me to open a big can of worms. If you want to talk recruiting, just wait and see if the rumor going around Charger land about a certain QB within the region transfering to Central comes true. Not that Central is recruiting anybody, but this kid and his father are looking for "another place to play". Im not saying this will happen and I personally HATE rumors, but there are some awful important people talking about this. If this does come true, it wont matter if Jackson plays or not. If Jackson does play and this rumor is true, Jackson can go to the tailback rotation. (My goodness how many tailbacks can one team have?) Once again just a rumor and I wont mention any names to protect the innocent, but this could get interesting.

I think that certain QB's family roots run too deep in that county for him to ever leave. But everybody better watch out if he does.

Seems like for a guy who personally "HATES" rumors you sure dont mind trying to get one started...

Seems like for a guy who personally "HATES" rumors you sure dont mind trying to get one started...

This was started at the Central and McMinn spring game and has been building eversince. Jimmy DaGreek accused Central of recruiting so I give him something he could really talk about.

I think that certain QB's family roots run too deep in that county for him to ever leave. But everybody better watch out if he does.

Hello Folks, I'm glad to see the boys in blue excited about this up and coming season. Coach Derrick is doing a fine job and the fans are excited, just cant wait for football. I did want to touch base on the recruiting issue for just a bit, the way I'm reading everything is that DJ King is a transfer to Central and now we're talking about maybe a QB coming from another, I'm sure both are good ball players and Central will benefit from them, my only concern is what are we telling those kids who lose their spots because of transfers, maybe or hopefully they would just replace freshmen or sophmores, but I'm afraid thats not the case. I would hate to think that a kid played all the way thru little league and then started working hard as a freshmen, all the way to be a senior and then maybe lose a spot because of some recruiting, please dont be offended if the kids are truely transfers because of families moving. But it seems like we are losing a little dignity just to win ballgames. When you think about it football is chance to make new friends, bonds with teammates, life lessons to learn and when it comes down to it there will be only one champion in each in each of the five levels of high school. Is it worth it? Is it worth recruiting? Not trying get anyone fired up, just saying we should be careful with our youth.

Now more on a positive note, cant wait till Friday Nights get here. Keep up the good work!

Hello Folks, I'm glad to see the boys in blue excited about this up and coming season. Coach Derrick is doing a fine job and the fans are excited, just cant wait for football. I did want to touch base on the recruiting issue for just a bit, the way I'm reading everything is that DJ King is a transfer to Central and now we're talking about maybe a QB coming from another, I'm sure both are good ball players and Central will benefit from them, my only concern is what are we telling those kids who lose their spots because of transfers, maybe or hopefully they would just replace freshmen or sophmores, but I'm afraid thats not the case. I would hate to think that a kid played all the way thru little league and then started working hard as a freshmen, all the way to be a senior and then maybe lose a spot because of some recruiting, please dont be offended if the kids are truely transfers because of families moving. But it seems like we are losing a little dignity just to win ballgames. When you think about it football is chance to make new friends, bonds with teammates, life lessons to learn and when it comes down to it there will be only one champion in each in each of the five levels of high school. Is it worth it? Is it worth recruiting? Not trying get anyone fired up, just saying we should be careful with our youth.

Now more on a positive note, cant wait till Friday Nights get here. Keep up the good work!

Thats deep, lad!!!!

DJ King is a transfer from Mcminn, he lived with his dad, but for family reasons he had to move to live with his mom so thats why he transfered. And the other QB that the RUMOR is he is transfering is just people talking, I talked to him at the black and blue game and he said that he is not planning on transfering but some things have to change at his current school, or he'll be looking for a place to play. So Coach D is not recruiting him by no means. If he comes, he comes.. If he dont, he dont.. We'll just get to beat up on him when we play them. lol..