Hampton Scrimmage

dawgbacker

NO South Greene didnt rough up the ELIZABETHTON THE SCORE WAS ELIZ-10TD'S SOUTH GREENE =2TD'S. ELIZ DEFENSE TOOK T TOO SG AND PICKED OFF 5 PASSES AND RECOVERED 5 FUMBLES NOT TO MENTION THEY STILL DONT HAVE DEREK CARR BACK IN THE BACKFIELD RUNNING TD'S CAUSE HE'S STILL IN TRACK.

WRONG!!!! The RIGHT score of the SG / Elizabethton scrimage was 14-14 with a rebel TD called back on a bs call by the refs (would have been 21-14 REBS!). I think you got some incorrect information!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Sorry about that, it sounded pretty strange to me, South Greene has not been all that strong lately and I figure the Cylones to be a pretty good team. The only thing I could think was ,maybe Elizabethton had several players missing.

Don't forget the REBS!! We're still here & were working hard. We are hoping for a major turnaround from last year. Last years B-team is this years Varsity. They were 5-1 last year. It may be a much better season despite a few tough non-confrence games on the schedule. We are going in with a positive attitude.

/ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Don't forget the REBS!! We're still here & were working hard. We are hoping for a major turnaround from last year. Last years B-team is this years Varsity. They were 5-1 last year. It may be a much better season despite a few tough non-confrence games on the schedule. We are going in with a positive attitude.

Good luck to South Greene, I always liked their style of football when Coach Ricker was there. win or lose, they would fight you til the bitter end.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is a great idea to start the season off. I myself think that cloudland playing hampton will be a great idea. Let that bad blood start the season off right with some harding hitting good football. I wish elizabethton could come over, but they have one to go to already.

I heard Hampton may be in trouble with the TSSAA for having workouts when they weren't supposed to. But at the same time, trying to get other programs in trouble is not the right thing to do. I believe in just going out there and doing your best and worrying about your own team. It may be some good hard hitting football, but life is too short to make enemies who were once your friends. I've seen some things the past two years that I never thought I would see concerning some individuals who were supposed to be friends. Wanting to win means preparing the best you can with what you've got, not resorting to low blows.

I think Hampton went 7 on 7 at a time they were not supose to. It was all just a misunderstanding.They just need to keep up with the new rules better.They were not trying to cheat.But I'm sure they will satisfy the TSSAA with whatever punishment they deside to hand out. I'm not real sure the people them reported them will like the punishment handed out to them. Probably not a smart move'but whatever. Don't worry about the mule ' just load the wagon.

The sad thing is the kids get caught in the middle of the adults messes. I'm afraid whats going to happen is teams around here are going to start hanging a 100 points on each other and its going to accomplish nothing but hard feelings and resentment for a long time. I never thought I'd see the day I'd be getting ready for church this morning, but I've been going for about six months now. God can help us all if we let him. I'm ready to let revenge be in the hands of the Lord. Pujo, the twins are almost here! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />