Coach Chris Messer currently at Ripley would be a great pick up for yo

ryano19

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations again to Coach Chris Messer and the Ripley Tigers for a great season (despite all the back bitting and controversy !) It is a shame what is being aloud to happen in Ripley! Coach Messer is a very good baseball coach who knows the game, knows how to coach players, doesn't berate or curse players, coaches them how to play the game correctly! He prepares them for each and every game and teaches them how to play the game correctly. Yet because of a FEW parents and a Super Intendent without a backbone, let alone any testosterone, he is not being hired back. As a former state championship coach I can tell you that Coach Messer knows how to teach and coach the game. He would make a great head coach or addition to your coaching staff. Good luck Coach Messer the rest of the year and the rest of your career! Anyone considering coaching at Ripley should re-consider under the circumstances.

Amen

Congratulations again to Coach Chris Messer and the Ripley Tigers for a great season (despite all the back bitting and controversy !) It is a shame what is being aloud to happen in Ripley! Coach Messer is a very good baseball coach who knows the game, knows how to coach players, doesn't berate or curse players, coaches them how to play the game correctly! He prepares them for each and every game and teaches them how to play the game correctly. Yet because of a FEW parents and a Super Intendent without a backbone, let alone any testosterone, he is not being hired back. As a former state championship coach I can tell you that Coach Messer knows how to teach and coach the game. He would make a great head coach or addition to your coaching staff. Good luck Coach Messer the rest of the year and the rest of your career! Anyone considering coaching at Ripley should re-consider under the circumstances.

Thank you, Well said. If going to state is not good enough, What the HE-- do you want. Leave it up to a few to mess it up for everyone. "Well his Dixie coach said he was the best pitcher he ever seen". Mom and Dad this is not Dixie anymore, and Little Johnny can't cut it. AND YOUR COACH KNOWS THIS. Mabey you should too.

You were an assistant state championship coach. You couldn't handle the big job. Are you at that field with him coaching and teaching as you put it on a daily basis? I don't think so. And if you cared so much about the team, you wouldn't have anyone interested in the job reconsider. Maybe you didn't keep the head coach position because you had the same problem he has. Get the chip off your shoulder. You wouldn't want anyone treating your children unkind.

You were an assistant state championship coach. You couldn't handle the big job. Are you at that field with him coaching and teaching as you put it on a daily basis? I don't think so. And if you cared so much about the team, you wouldn't have anyone interested in the job reconsider. Maybe you didn't keep the head coach position because you had the same problem he has. Get the chip off your shoulder. You wouldn't want anyone treating your children unkind.

I couldn't have said it any better!

I hate it any time a coach loses his or her job. As the old saying says there are 2 types of coaches, those who have been fired and those that are waiting to be fired. I am the second, ( including being fired from the job involved in this post a long time ago), I do not personally know Coach Messer or anything about the situation, so I guess I am just making a blanket statement about the state of coaching at our level in this day and time, but we are losing a lot of good coaches, both young and old, becacuse to most sane people it just doesn't make sense to put in the hours that it takes to be competative for the pay and all of the other nonsense that goes along with the job, not to mention the school part of the whole deal. Not that I'm trying to bash the people of Ripley, that is the farthest from my intention, I loved my time there, and still have many great friends there. Just a commentary of the state of all of us idiots who try to do this for a living!

I have a question. Normally the principal at a school makes the decision or makes the recommendation wheather re-hire or not to re-hire a teacher. What was the case in this situation? Did the outgoing Supt. make this decision on his own without a recommendation from the principal?

I have a question. Normally the principal at a school makes the decision or makes the recommendation wheather re-hire or not to re-hire a teacher. What was the case in this situation? Did the outgoing Supt. make this decision on his own without a recommendation from the principal?

hmm! point is, he WON'T be back. Probably should not apply anywhere. He is not fit

I love it when a man with new ideas and new methods is always ridiculed and berated when his coaching style doesn't mesh well with parents and "soft kids". Coach Messer is a great coach and a better person. I have been around him for many a year, and like his enthusiasm as a coach. Unless there is more to what all of the whinnig and crying have been about, like him laying his hands on a kid, he should still have a job. This is not a sport for little boys anymore when you reach this level. It takes tough skin, and a will to win like no other. As for the previous coach, he may have known the game, but he lost more games due to his ignorant and childish antics than he won. People must face facts that Ripley is not a perrinial power in baseball, it's just not so now, nor will it ever be. The reason, the attitude of the support cast behind the program and the talent. Great Dixie youth players do not always make great high school ball players. I played with some of the best around growing up, and guess what, they couldn't cut it at the high school level. And it's not all just about talent. The kids have to have the right frame of mind as well. Attitude, work ethic, and team chemistry all add to the total package. A team can't have a great attitude, a strong work ethic, and great chemistry when the kids, support cast, and coaching staff are all on different pages. Granted, Coach Messer may not have meshed well at this school, but I guarentee he will find his place as a head coach again. And when he does, I hope he shows all of his naysayers what could have been if he was left alone to do his job, and not pander to those less knowledgable at his chosen profession. Good luck coach, know you do have supporters out there that know what you are capable of doing!

I hate it any time a coach loses his or her job. As the old saying says there are 2 types of coaches, those who have been fired and those that are waiting to be fired. I am the second, ( including being fired from the job involved in this post a long time ago), I do not personally know Coach Messer or anything about the situation, so I guess I am just making a blanket statement about the state of coaching at our level in this day and time, but we are losing a lot of good coaches, both young and old, becacuse to most sane people it just doesn't make sense to put in the hours that it takes to be competative for the pay and all of the other nonsense that goes along with the job, not to mention the school part of the whole deal. Not that I'm trying to bash the people of Ripley, that is the farthest from my intention, I loved my time there, and still have many great friends there. Just a commentary of the state of all of us idiots who try to do this for a living!

As I understand it, Messer was not REHIRED. He didn't have tenture. I also understand that it didn't have anything to do with coaching. I'm wondering if all of the people that have jumped on his bandwagon have ever been in his classroom or seen that part of it. You know, I would think the teaching part would be most important and then coaching second. As a parent of a small child, I think that would be more important.

I love it when a man with new ideas and new methods is always ridiculed and berated when his coaching style doesn't mesh well with parents and "soft kids". Coach Messer is a great coach and a better person. I have been around him for many a year, and like his enthusiasm as a coach. Unless there is more to what all of the whinnig and crying have been about, like him laying his hands on a kid, he should still have a job. This is not a sport for little boys anymore when you reach this level. It takes tough skin, and a will to win like no other. As for the previous coach, he may have known the game, but he lost more games due to his ignorant and childish antics than he won. People must face facts that Ripley is not a perrinial power in baseball, it's just not so now, nor will it ever be. The reason, the attitude of the support cast behind the program and the talent. Great Dixie youth players do not always make great high school ball players. I played with some of the best around growing up, and guess what, they couldn't cut it at the high school level. And it's not all just about talent. The kids have to have the right frame of mind as well. Attitude, work ethic, and team chemistry all add to the total package. A team can't have a great attitude, a strong work ethic, and great chemistry when the kids, support cast, and coaching staff are all on different pages. Granted, Coach Messer may not have meshed well at this school, but I guarentee he will find his place as a head coach again. And when he does, I hope he shows all of his naysayers what could have been if he was left alone to do his job, and not pander to those less knowledgable at his chosen profession. Good luck coach, know you do have supporters out there that know what you are capable of doing!

You know, it is easy for people who DON'T know the situation in Ripley to sit back and jump on a bandwagon. Again, he wasn't rehired because of teaching--not coaching. Unless you've seen everything that's happened here in Ripley, you really should keep your posts to yourself!

You know, it is easy for people who DON'T know the situation in Ripley to sit back and jump on a bandwagon. Again, he wasn't rehired because of teaching--not coaching. Unless you've seen everything that's happened here in Ripley, you really should keep your posts to yourself!

Does he not teach PE how hard could that be. Good luck Coach Messer