best up coming eighth graders

gbaby

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GladiatorHeadCoach

Ewing Park has Robert Ellison. East Literature has at least one real good player. Gra-Mar will have 2 real good eighth graders and 2 even better seventh graders. Look for Pope John Paul II to have a good BB program in the near future.

I SAW ALOT OF MIDDLE SCHOOL GAMES LAST SEASON...I WAS IMPRESSED AT TIMES WITH THE GRA-MAR STAFF...THOSE GUYS REALLY GET ALOT OUT OF THEIR KIDS, WITH A LITTLE MORE ORGANIZATION THEY CAN BE GOOD THIS YEAR....WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE HEAD COACH HE REALLY DOES A GOOD JOB WITH THE BOYS.....MIDDLE SCHOOL KIDS IN MIDDLE TN SHOULD HONE THEIR FUNDAMENTALS AND LISTEN TO THEIR COACHES...A RECENT TRIP TO MEMPHIS SHOWED ME THAT THOSE KIDS REALLY LISTEN AND WORK ON FUNDAMENTAL...IT MADE AN OLD COACH FEEL GOOD.....KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GUYS

Guest abigfathen

Trey Clemens and Rodney Alexander of Harding should head a decent squad this year. Trey had a great touch and is smart with the ball and was probably good enough to play up a year in basketball last year. Rodney has amazing handles and quick hands on defense but is on the small side so size is a factor there. But their team is incredibly disappointing, considering the have 3 post players 6'1 or up and at least 150 lbs ( as of last year ) but none of them possess the talent or the aggressiveness to be a great post player. Maybe once the get into Froeddens program they will develop because Harding has had no posts in a while. ECS has a sound squad and so does BCS. But MUS has one of the best 8th grade squads in the private school area. I played against them last year and we beat them by like 20 but they still played alot better than we had expected. They play smart and are good at scoring against a zone. Not very quick but there is definitely some talent in that crowd. Last year Colonial had a great team but I know they were mostly 8th and 9th graders but maybe their success will carry over to their younger teammates.

I think Teddy Kowalski is gonna be a great upcoming 8th grader from Westmoreland Middle School. He was a great leader for his team last year as a 7th grader. He is a little small but a good point guard.

GO EAGLES!!

• 2 weeks later...

Some names to consider:

Josh Nason and Cory Lusk from Boyd Buchanan (both played with the 8th grade team as 7th graders with Nason starting in the post)

Skogen kid (Seth?) from Temple -- brother of Jake Skogen, last year's MVP of class A state tourney. He was the best scoring seventh grader I saw last year. He also played with the 8th graders. (I don't think Temple had a 7th only team.) He will probably play with the high school JV this year.

• 4 months later...

He is the best eighth grader because he has a great inside and outsude game he can drive, shoot off the dribble, and pop the tre'. Look for him to win mr. basketball it is guaranteed. :) also he attends Joelton Middle School he also was part of the Eastern Division All Tournament Team and he is related to the Lee twins also he averages 25.3 points a game right now has the best defense and offense skills

[Edited by cobra24 on 12-11-02 9:16P]