McMinn Co Cherokees

nolesfan

McMinn comes to Coffee County on Friday to scrimmage. Just wondering if anyone knows how their spring practice has been going? Do they have a lot of players returning from last year?

Just returned from the scrimmage. McMinn passing game looked impressive. They hit on a couple deep routes. Defense was about 50/50. made some good plays, gave up a few.

Impressed with the athletes McMinn put on the field! They play in a tough region so don't know if they have enough to make the playoffs. Coffee County played well. They've had a good spring especially with the changes. Looking forward to the fall...GO BIG RED!

Just returned from the scrimmage. McMinn passing game looked impressive. They hit on a couple deep routes. Defense was about 50/50. made some good plays, gave up a few.

Passing game not so impressive tonight against the Chargers. McMinn QB can not run the spread option because he is not a running QB. The running game was awful against Central. Ables spent alot of time on his back because the Tribe had to block with six or seven most of the night. Defense was very strong against Central's runnung game. Cherokees better find some more offense in the region they play in. Tribe offense really missed Devon Johnson.

Ables can play....but he is not a zone qb he is a peyton manning qb.. his family will be his downfall, they are trying to put to much hype on him....i have heard Bo say he is way better than devon..mcminn will struggle as long as Cagle tries to do everything all by himself....has great ath's and good young coaches..but a blind man can see that he tries to be a one man show....just like at the dinner a few weeks ago it was all about BO Cagle...HE never mentioned his staff...HEY BO I THINK YOU BLEW OUR WIN STREAK AGAINST CENTRAL....YOU WERE OUT COACHED...let your staff coach...and stop trying to do it all yourself...a headcoach is only as good as his staff......that's a fact........Good luck Tribe

I agree totally...Central outcoached mcminn...This reminds me of when i was in high school a few years ago...We had dan williams as a head coach and that man tried to do everything by himself...As a result we went 7-35 in four years...Keep in mind that mcminn has a much tougher region now than central did then

The way I understand it was Centrals varsity beat the JV squad from McMinn.

Let us clear up the facts. The agreement was to use "2's" in the 2nd quarter not JV players. Central uses multiple players at the skilled positions. Remember Central only dressed about 35. McMinn had almost twice as many. It does not matter, the Cherokee offense development is behind the defense. The 2008 Cherokees were exposed by the Chargers. Better Central than Oak Ridge, Farragut or William Blount. If the Tribe can get the offense going, you can thank the Chargers if you make the playoffs.

The way I understand it was Centrals varsity beat the JV squad from McMinn.

now lets be real...when it was 1 v/s 1 mcminn had maybe 8 first and 75 yards maybe and they had their entire team...central's offense out gained them without their starting qb and several others that will start or play...i mean they had over hundred yards rushing without having a passing attack...i guess it was your JV oline blocking for ables all night also....no let me guess central played 3 DL from UT against your 1st string...

NOW ALL THE POINTS WERE SCORED IN THE 2ND WHEN IT WAS DESIGNED TO BE 2 V/S 2 BUT ANYONE AT THE GAME CAN TELL WHO THE BETTER TEAM WAS ON TUESDAY NIGHT........

i think you tribe fans got a little to excited about the points you scored friday night....i bet the team you played tuesday night was better than the one you played fri....guess what the team central played in their first spring scrimage would beat you guys by 14 and they play in AA....that's a fact...

Why is everyone shocked that central took it to them you beat them last year in the last minute of the game and centrl had 5 TO's.

When ables and mcdermott were freshman they lost to central in a 25 min jamboree 8-0 in which both teams had 3 or 4 possesions...

now lets be real...when it was 1 v/s 1 mcminn had maybe 8 first and 75 yards maybe and they had their entire team...central's offense out gained them without their starting qb and several others that will start or play...i mean they had over hundred yards rushing without having a passing attack...i guess it was your JV oline blocking for ables all night also....no let me guess central played 3 DL from UT against your 1st string...

NOW ALL THE POINTS WERE SCORED IN THE 2ND WHEN IT WAS DESIGNED TO BE 2 V/S 2 BUT ANYONE AT THE GAME CAN TELL WHO THE BETTER TEAM WAS ON TUESDAY NIGHT........

i think you tribe fans got a little to excited about the points you scored friday night....i bet the team you played tuesday night was better than the one you played fri....guess what the team central played in their first spring scrimage would beat you guys by 14 and they play in AA....that's a fact...

Why is everyone shocked that central took it to them you beat them last year in the last minute of the game and centrl had 5 TO's.

Great Post by ajw. Would like to here some objective views from across the creek.

When ables and mcdermott were freshman they lost to central in a 25 min jamboree 8-0 in which both teams had 3 or 4 possesions...