Soddy Daisy at Coffee

sdfan1234

If I'm not mistaken Soddy is the 2 time defending champions..... Until someone takes them off the throne, I'd say they go into any enviroment and win.....

Have they ever played Coffee County at Coffee county? Trust me I am a Soddy believer, that coach gets the job done but even some things will be too much for him to overcome given his young team. Notice I didnt say Soddy was the weaker team , I am saying Soddy isnt in a good situation to come out with the win.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have they ever played Coffee County at Coffee county? Trust me I am a Soddy believer, that coach gets the job done but even some things will be too much for him to overcome given his young team. Notice I didnt say Soddy was the weaker team , I am saying Soddy isnt in a good situation to come out with the win.

I didn't say you said Soddy was the weaker team.... I was saying lets not count them out because after all they are 2 time defending champions and I'm not even a Soddy supporter...

I have to agree, I told someone the other day the crowd down there is brutal. I liken it to playing in the Alabama stadium in college ball. It will be hard for Soddy to overcome the "Coffee County home field advantage". They might do it but it will be harder than what they think. They better come out hammering the ball as they are going to get no favors.

Soddy doesnt stand a chance at winning against Coffee County when playing at Coffee County. If Mt. Juliet cant even win there Soddy most certainly wont. There is too much of a home field advantage. Just my opinion.

That is a very bold statement. There is no way I would say they have no chance. This is Soddy Daisy you are talking about, they will not give up without a fight.

GO SODDY!!!!!!!

Lets think about this for a minute, soddy plays in the toughest region and district in the state, noone likes them and if a team doesn't get much fan support, well theyll all come out of the wood works when they play soddy. Everywhere they go its a hostle environment. Playing in big games year after year its just not an issue with them. The pitcher for sure isn't gonna get rattled, if anything she might just laugh it off. Thats the kind of personality she has. This is a team that loves to play and have fun, they play for big games and crowds like this.

That is a very bold statement. There is no way I would say they have no chance. This is Soddy Daisy you are talking about, they will not give up without a fight.

GO SODDY!!!!!!!

I'm not sure fastpitch 101 is from Manchester, so let's not regard that as Coffee County folks talking trash.

Lets think about this for a minute, soddy plays in the toughest region and district in the state, noone likes them and if a team doesn't get much fan support, well theyll all come out of the wood works when they play soddy. Everywhere they go its a hostle environment. Playing in big games year after year its just not an issue with them. The pitcher for sure isn't gonna get rattled, if anything she might just laugh it off. Thats the kind of personality she has. This is a team that loves to play and have fun, they play for big games and crowds like this.

Not so fast, 9AAA is a pretty stout district. I think the reason people root against SD has nothing to do with how good they are....................

if my memory serves me correctly, soddy came to manchester to play in a sub-state game against the lady raiders in 1995. coffee county led early, i think, but eventualy lost the game. the game was played on the t-ball field at the park.

another thing, home field in softball is about as good as home field in college basketball. There's not a whole lot of emphasis on it and i really don't think the girls care, there are hardly ever any true upsets in softball. 95% of the time the best team is gonna win, no matter where the game is played.

if my memory serves me correctly, soddy came to manchester to play in a sub-state game against the lady raiders in 1995. coffee county led early, i think, but eventualy lost the game. the game was played on the t-ball field at the park.

Yes, that was before the softball complex got built at the high school.