Region Final Scores

CJFM

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, it just came off like that, i thought we didnt play very well the first half.... you guys came out wanting to win it more because of last thursday and you all came to play that second half, congrats on winning Region and good luck saturday. I remember you know i told you about the basketball move, that i didnt do.

Well, i apologize. And good luck with Riverdale saturday. Use that basketball move on them and put some goals in the net ha. Represent District 5.

If your going to make excuses thats pretty bad, Since i have been at McMinn that is the worst soccer i think i have seen our team play, yea you guys were the better team second half but you also had the ref calling that game for you. I dont want to talk trash cause we got beat embarassed in the second half on our own field, but the main thing is that we have to take care of business saturday...... so good luck on saturday dude, and good game.

As you were told tonight, Tribe02----NO EXCUSES!!!! The better team on May 15th won the match---NO EXCUSES!!

Brentwood beats Independence in 2nd period of Golden Goal with 2 mins to go. Brentwood scored on a Corner Kick. Both teams played hard and with a lot of heart. After 107 mins of soccer, I think both teams left the field looking forward to Saturday's Sectional games.

Goodpasture beat White House Heritage 4-2 in PK's. Heritage had a 1-0 lead and Goodpasture scored with about five minutes left. Heritage was the better team by two or three goals but its soccer and thats how it goes sometimes. Goodpasture had only 3 shots on goal and scored on the third one on a breakaway. Heritage had several more shots and three wide open nets and the ball jsut went wildly off the foot. Soccer kills me sometimes I dont know why I love it so much. Good luck to both teams it was a hard fought game. Both teams should make it past substate.

Goodpasture beat White House Heritage 4-2 in PK's. Heritage had a 1-0 lead and Goodpasture scored with about five minutes left. Heritage was the better team by two or three goals but its soccer and thats how it goes sometimes. Goodpasture had only 3 shots on goal and scored on the third one on a breakaway. Heritage had several more shots and three wide open nets and the ball jsut went wildly off the foot. Soccer kills me sometimes I dont know why I love it so much. Good luck to both teams it was a hard fought game. Both teams should make it past substate.

Glad you're a patriot fan, but had WHH been the better team, they would have won. Yes, WHH had more shots on goal, but shots on goal alone has never been an effective gauge as to which team is the better team. Besides, if you can't put it in the net, how can you be the better team.

The fact is WHH couldn't hardly put a shot on goal from more than 20 yards out. Almost every shot made from beyond 20, was 10 yards or more - wide or high. And GP shots on goal was more than 3. They had at least that many in the last 10 mins of regulation. And you forgot to mention GP also had 2 shots at open goals when the gk got caught out of the net. The fact is both teams had multiple opportunities to win the game in regulation, the first overtime periods and the 2nd overtime periods.

And GP's defense simply kept WHH from being effective inside. Blake Storts, David Jackson, Jonathan Taylor and Mitchell Pearl blocked more than 30 attemtps to cross the ball or play it into the box. Neither team was very effective offesively. Defense won this game.

Glad you're a patriot fan, but had WHH been the better team, they would have won. Yes, WHH had more shots on goal, but shots on goal alone has never been an effective gauge as to which team is the better team. Besides, if you can't put it in the net, how can you be the better team.

The fact is WHH couldn't hardly put a shot on goal from more than 20 yards out. Almost every shot made from beyond 20, was 10 yards or more - wide or high. And GP shots on goal was more than 3. They had at least that many in the last 10 mins of regulation. And you forgot to mention GP also had 2 shots at open goals when the gk got caught out of the net. The fact is both teams had multiple opportunities to win the game in regulation, the first overtime periods and the 2nd overtime periods.

And GP's defense simply kept WHH from being effective inside. Blake Storts and Mitchell Pearl blocked more than 20 attemtps to cross the ball or play it into the box. Neither team was very effective offesively. Defense won this game.

Those two teams play ten times...Heritage wins 9.

I hope more people get to see them play this year. I've been thoroughly impressed with their effort during regions.