Riverdale-Blackman Region Photos

snapman

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did both teams have to play a man down in the game? Which team did that hurt the worst? How is it going to affect them going forward in the State tournament? I hate to see teams losing players to red cards at this stage in the season because the new rule has players sitting out two games. During tournament play, that is a big thing.

Why did both teams have to play a man down in the game? Which team did that hurt the worst? How is it going to affect them going forward in the State tournament? I hate to see teams losing players to red cards at this stage in the season because the new rule has players sitting out two games. During tournament play, that is a big thing.

Only one team, Blackman played 80 minutes iwth a man down, that includes overtime. Our player got a straight red for telling his own player to get his "a double s" back here. Yes got a red card for saying a "double s". Which I believe Jesus Christ road an an a double ss into Jeruselum.

Only one team, Blackman played 80 minutes iwth a man down, that includes overtime. Our player got a straight red for telling his own player to get his "a double s" back here. Yes got a red card for saying a "double s". Which I believe Jesus Christ road an an a double ss into Jeruselum.

BlackmanSoccerDad is obviously unaware that Riverdales midfielder Patrick received his second yellow card of the match about 10 minutes into the second half and Riverdale also played a man down for the last 35 or 40 minutes. Riverdale did score the game tying goal when they were a man up, but the game winner in overtime was at even strength. I would say the red cards hurt Blackman more. I would also like to say #11 for Blackman played an amazing game, all over the field.

Saying a curse word is just supposed to be a yellow card. Saying it repeatedly can result in multiple yellow cards and hence an ejection with a yellow/red. Cursing at someone on the opposing team falls in the category of taunting and can result in a red card. However, to just tell your team mate to get his "a double s" back here should have been no more than a yellow. I have had players say words a lot worse than that when they made a mistake and I would just give them a yellow. It was only when they cursed (therefore, taunted) someone that I would give them a yellow/red. I hope that it did not hurt Blackman in today's game.

BlackmanSoccerDad is obviously unaware that Riverdales midfielder Patrick received his second yellow card of the match about 10 minutes into the second half and Riverdale also played a man down for the last 35 or 40 minutes. Riverdale did score the game tying goal when they were a man up, but the game winner in overtime was at even strength. I would say the red cards hurt Blackman more. I would also like to say #11 for Blackman played an amazing game, all over the field.

I was very aware of the second yellow, which is a soft red and were allow to substitute, so they did not play a man down and Patrick played tonight as well. Thanks for the compliment about #11, he is my son.

Saying a curse word is just supposed to be a yellow card. Saying it repeatedly can result in multiple yellow cards and hence an ejection with a yellow/red. Cursing at someone on the opposing team falls in the category of taunting and can result in a red card. However, to just tell your team mate to get his "a double s" back here should have been no more than a yellow. I have had players say words a lot worse than that when they made a mistake and I would just give them a yellow. It was only when they cursed (therefore, taunted) someone that I would give them a yellow/red. I hope that it did not hurt Blackman in today's game.

We lost 2-0 today, and I believe it made a difference in todays game, however, Cleveland is a very good team. Things happen and referees make mistakes, that card was pretty bad mistake, and people just have to step up. We have appealed to TSSAA, but according to the DNJ, Ronnie Carter said they are not going to be Monday morning referees, so it sounds to me like he isn't even going to listen to the appeal. If that is his stance, then referees need to be giving red cards for the sh word, dam word etc....Also this rule should apply to basketball players who foul out of a game, they should be suspended two games. Lets be equitable in all sports.

We lost 2-0 today, and I believe it made a difference in todays game, however, Cleveland is a very good team. Things happen and referees make mistakes, that card was pretty bad mistake, and people just have to step up. We have appealed to TSSAA, but according to the DNJ, Ronnie Carter said they are not going to be Monday morning referees, so it sounds to me like he isn't even going to listen to the appeal. If that is his stance, then referees need to be giving red cards for the sh word, dam word etc....Also this rule should apply to basketball players who foul out of a game, they should be suspended two games. Lets be equitable in all sports.

did u have to play a man down on saturday night as well?...i understand playing a man down the first time but for it to continue to the next game is not right now if a player is ejected in other sports they do get a 2 game suspension

did u have to play a man down on saturday night as well?...i understand playing a man down the first time but for it to continue to the next game is not right now if a player is ejected in other sports they do get a 2 game suspension

No, we did not play down against Cleveland. We were just without Justin who is a big part of the offense and then we were with out Matt. Matt got hurt 5 minutes into the second half of the game.

My humblest apologies to Blackmandad. I was under the impression that any red card, even the double yellow meant playing a man down. I have been firmly re-educated how the rule reads. I guess I could have counted the number of players still on the field after Patricks ejection, but I didnt think to do that. Sorry to hear of the outcome of the Cleveland game. I was hoping for two Murfreesboro teams at state

In NFHS any language directed at a teammate, opposing player, official or any other indiviual shall be disqualified. In USSF it would be classified as incidental. But NFHS deems that as a red card offense.

actually there is a rue that says any incidental use of vulgar or profane lanuguage shall be cautioned (yellow card). Section 8 Art. 1. As a NFHS Referee and USSF Referee, and have refereed high schools games this year, most of the time boys are given a verbal warning then a yellow card for words such as "a double s", sh_t, da_n etc... There was no need to give a straight red to this player for "a double ss" and TSSAA needs to clarify which words are considered vulgar or profance language, this way there is no "in the opinion of the referee" judgement.