Class A state

Took

for the first time maybe in history. we have two teams from one county in the state tournement. ive never heard of it before, but maybe im ignorant. this tourney is loaded with talented teams. LV is a very good club. as is Friendship Christian and Jackson Christian. who are your picks to win it.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are many talented teams in this tourney this year. i was looking at the win/loss rankings and all exept one team is in the top 7 in the state. But the two teams i see competing in the championship game is richland and summertown. Richland has everything to lose after this year losing 11 seniors. While Summertown is anly losing 4, their ace pitcher is a senior. I see Summertown winning the whole tourny in 4 games with explosive bats, timely hitting, and making the necessary plays defensivly and pitching to get the job done.

Here is the thing i dont know much about many teams outside west tennessee but i have seen a few of these teams play. I just see how you can think a state tournament can be one by the east tennesse teams i am not gonna guess a team but, i am gonna say you will see one of the west tennesse teams play for it all if not both and if that is not the case a middle tennesse team may make it in. it's just a fact and its time to face it east tennesse cannot play with middle and west.

preach on Grizman. LOL I'm not going to say my prediction but I do think it will come from east of the Mississipppi River and west of the Kentucky Lake. I agree that I really don't think that east tennessee teams can hang with the two teams from west tenn. I know that JCS's record isn't the best out of these teams, but you also have to look at who they've played. There aren't very many teams in 1A on the Eagles' schedule. Can that be said for others teams? I can't say for sure, but I doubt it. If anybody would care to enlighten me, please do so.

The Voice of the Eagles

for the first time maybe in history. we have two teams from one county in the state tournement. ive never heard of it before, but maybe im ignorant. this tourney is loaded with talented teams. LV is a very good club. as is Friendship Christian and Jackson Christian. who are your picks to win it.

RIVERDALE and oakland was in the same state tournament a few years ago not only is that county but that is the same city we thought that was pretty cool

Huntingdon and McKenzie in 2006. McKenzie won it all that year. About 15 miles apart.

i think the east will do just fine. they only have 7 kids battin 4 sumthin and 1 battin 6 sumthin so thats not too good but what do i know. i guess we will see this week

Is that out of all of the east Tennessee teams? If not, what team is that?

I highly doubt that those eastern teams r that good. Most of the time they r 2 and out, im not saying its going to happen this yr. I mean if they r that good then they deserve to win the whole thing but the teams in middle and west tennessee r good. I agree that the eagles didn't have much competition during the regular season but after district the eagles had to earn their wins. They played richland and won after being down by 6 runs to win 10-8. They followed up that win by defeating nashville christian 5-2. Summertown will be successful in state and they may not win the whole thing but they r a team that deserves to be there

I highly doubt that those eastern teams r that good. Most of the time they r 2 and out, im not saying its going to happen this yr. I mean if they r that good then they deserve to win the whole thing but the teams in middle and west tennessee r good. I agree that the eagles didn't have much competition during the regular season but after district the eagles had to earn their wins. They played richland and won after being down by 6 runs to win 10-8. They followed up that win by defeating nashville christian 5-2. Summertown will be successful in state and they may not win the whole thing but they r a team that deserves to be there

First of all CONGRATS to the 8 teams that made it this far. They are alot of teams that would like to be here. I grew up in West TN and now live in Chattanooga. They aren't that many difference. Young Men Playing Baseball! Good Luck to all the Teams. East, West and Middle!