Class A state

Took

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is exactly my point! Private schools can get kids that public schools cant get. You pay your way to a school where you can play! And as for bad schools, crime rates, etc.....at least you have a private school to go to. There are no private schools in roane county. Rockwood and Harriman are not havens of low crime rates! At one time, Roane County had one of the highest rates per capita of unsolved murders in the nation! They have their share of druggies, rednecks, racists, dropouts and deadbeats just as ALL public schools have. The difference between ppl like you and small town citizens is that they cant afford to send their kids off to private schools! They have to take their chances in the public systems!

Also, I never mentioned the word recruiting! Why is it whenever this debate starts that private school proponents started yelling we dont recruit? I NEVER MENTIONED THE R WORD! And I dont think you recruit. No one said you did. But I am also an old travel ball coach and I know for a fact that many players that I coached over the years went to private schools because of athletics! That is a fact. I know of numerous parents that came together in travel ball and because they had the financial resources sent their kids to the same private schools in order to have good teams. I know coaches that have been offered more money than teachers are paid just to go coach at private schools! A couple actually took the offers. I also know a VERY successful high school coach (with more than one state championship on his resume) that was offered a coaching job at a local private school and a doctor there was going to pay him the same amount that the school was going to pay...basically double salary. But he had the decency to turn it down. I am not saying you guys do things like that, but I know ones that have! In east tn some of the best athletic facilities are on the campus of private schools. Lots of players that have the funds go to those schools. Public schools dont have the funds to build them.

Also, why do so many private schools win so many state championships in different sports....especially at the smaller school levels???? Is it just a freak occurence of nature? HARDLY!!! Dont play the hard work card either! Public school kids work just as hard as the privates do. What an elitist statement to make. So kids and parents at private schools are just harder workers? That takes the cake! I believe that private school parents say stupid statements like that to try to make themselves feel better because they know what a big and unfair advantage they have over the small public schools! I have noticed that the public/private debate is hardly a factor when you are talking about the larger schools. The large schools have enough kids that they can overcome the stacked talent you find on privates. So they can compete with them. Its the small schools that have an unfair disadvantage.

One more thing, dont ever play the "I am paying for what you are getting free" card!!! That is the dumbest statement ever made on coacht!!! NO ONE IS MAKING YOU PAY!! That is purely voluntary on your part!! If some one forced you to send your kids to private school then I would have sympathy for you! I didnt have the funds to send my kids or grandkids to private school so dont go bellyaching over the fact that you have to pay....its TOTALLY your choice! I thank god you have the resources to do it. Most of us dont!

The bottom line is no matter how you want to frame it, private schools have an unfair advantage over public schools! Whether its facilities, academics, coaching, or anything else. Publics arent on equal footing!

Sorry. Didn't mean to get your bp up. See I'm proof that private school "ppl" are just ignorant!!Good luck JCS

Huntingdon hasn't been running there mouth but before you spout off about them leaving with their tail dragging, remember that they were the only ones to beat Friendship Christian at the state tournament and that game was a run rule and beat Richland last year. And I am pretty sure JCS set state records on that LV team you are talking about. So if you are a Friendship Christian fan you can crow a little, but I wouldn't bring up the past and put the rest of those schools with FC.

Newstang, SingleAfan is not a Friendship supporter. FCS has nothing but respect for Huntingdon and the program that Coach Eubanks runs. JCS is also another great team that represents West Tennessee, which FCS and Coach McNeal also has nothing but admiration. Both teams are well coached with classy kids that represent their communities and schools with class. LV and Coach Dinger are also another top notch program that has a great opportunity to bring home the gold. This has the makings of a great tournament that any team could win, but I will be pulling for my Commanders!

[ You missed two things. 1.) JCS put up 50something runs on two east TN teams last year at state. 2.) JCS and FCA have absolutely NO competitve advantage over public schools. JCS IS a small school. Do you know how many students there are in the high school???? about 400 maybe less. there are 60 in the senior class this year.

My son was the Catcher (Our only Senior last year) in the Second and Third game with JCS. He told me no matter what we threw , you guys were knocking the @#*% out of the ball. I wish we could have played the third game the next day so we could get re-focused. You needed some of those hits the next day. Our High School runs around 50 Seniors each year so we know how you feel. 2 years ago we beat a good FCA team to go to State. With FCA & JCS on the same side who will come out on top? Do you think you will score 50 runs this year? Good Luck to both teams!

lets be honest here... JCS put on 50 runs on Lookout Valley in two games... The first time they saw LV the scored one run! For the next game they were a buzz saw using a bat that didnt belong to them... in the championship game without the Stealth the scored 1 run once again... and if im not mistaken they got beat again by a east tn team... so, looking at it when things mattered they choked! so GO east TN!

Newstang, SingleAfan is not a Friendship supporter. FCS has nothing but respect for Huntingdon and the program that Coach Eubanks runs. JCS is also another great team that represents West Tennessee, which FCS and Coach McNeal also has nothing but admiration. Both teams are well coached with classy kids that represent their communities and schools with class. LV and Coach Dinger are also another top notch program that has a great opportunity to bring home the gold. This has the makings of a great tournament that any team could win, but I will be pulling for my Commanders!

Thanks crush, I know Coach Eubanks feels the same about FC. I can't wait to get up there today. First day jitters, even from a coach and dad. Good luck!!

lets be honest here... JCS put on 50 runs on Lookout Valley in two games... The first time they saw LV the scored one run! For the next game they were a buzz saw using a bat that didnt belong to them... in the championship game without the Stealth the scored 1 run once again... and if im not mistaken they got beat again by a east tn team... so, looking at it when things mattered they choked! so GO east TN!

Easy 86, A bat can't make that much of a difference. I don't care what you say. We just ran out of pitching plus they were on fire. Lance did a very good job pitching in the first meeting and that is overlooked when you think about the next day. Plus you sound like a wierdo.

Easy 86, A bat can't make that much of a difference. I don't care what you say. We just ran out of pitching plus they were on fire. Lance did a very good job pitching in the first meeting and that is overlooked when you think about the next day. Plus you sound like a wierdo.

Where do you get those "SPECIAL" bats at? I am sure Huntingdon could use all they can get to handle LV. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Where do you get those "SPECIAL" bats at? I am sure Huntingdon could use all they can get to handle LV. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I got one, wanna borrow it this week. Found it in Crockett Co. Would need to share with JCS too, wanna see the hardware west of the river.