Thomas Greer

yankees8589

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Yankee I don't recall Michael Yarbrough? What year did he play at Northside??

I don't recall the exact year but he played 3 years with Kirk Goehring (LSU, Peperdine, and Union) at Jackson NS.I know that sounds crazy.....Goehring really played for all those schools. Anyway, Michael Yarbrough is a good friend of mine. Just thought you might know him. He is a good guy.

I don't recall the exact year but he played 3 years with Kirk Goehring (LSU, Peperdine, and Union) at Jackson NS.I know that sounds crazy.....Goehring really played for all those schools. Anyway, Michael Yarbrough is a good friend of mine. Just thought you might know him. He is a good guy.

Oh ok.. I remember Kirk though....one of the sweetest jumpers from a high school player around west10

Thats a good one

Greer is for real and I have personally seen him play AAU. I think Greer will be better than MJ, just to give those that haven't seen him an idea of his talent. I think Greer is going to be that good when it's all said and done. West Carroll will also be much better next season just because of Greer having another summer of AAU under his belt. He may never win a state championship but he is one of the most skilled and talented players for the class of 2010 in the entire state. Greer is ahead of where MJ was as a 10th grader now and will only get better. Now I expect everybody to tell me i'm crazy. Greer will be top 10 player for the class of 2010. Greer can play and can certainly play with anybody in his age group on the AAU circuit. He has done this, held his own, led his team in scoring on occasion, can dunk, can shoot with anybody, out hustles everybody, and has really good handles. Oh and he is 6'4 and just got out of the 10th grade. I can see him getting to 6'6 and adding a good 15 to 20 pounds to an already decent frame for a high school player. For all the doubters....I would just say get out and watch him play AAU against some real top notch competetion where he is surrounded by other good players which alows him more freedom to operate. Twentyfour points a game (facing double teams) is pretty good for a 16 year old kid.

How about this for a 10th grader

Key stats: 24 points per game, 52 percent FG shooting

Thomas Greer:

Challenge of Champions All-Tournament Thomas Greer (West Carroll) Mid-State Ballerz West

Thomas Greer (West Carroll)

From Andre Whitehead:

This dude gets better everytime I see him. He is long and much better athletically than people think. He has a deadeye outside shot and plays very hard. Improvement on his lateral and quickness makes him a no-brainer.

Real Deal on the Hill:

The Midstate Ballerz hit their first major of the Spring/Summer circuit, and came away with some outstanding results at the Real Deal on the Hill in Fayetteville, Arkansas.

The Ballerz 16s were the talk of the tourney, winning their pool (including a win over national power Illinois Warriors) and upsetting the #1 16u team in the Nation (and Boo Williams champs) Amare Stoudamire Team Stat!! The Ballerz advanced all the way to the Final 4, and had a lead with under a minute to go, before falling to eventual champs Kansas City Keys. The Ballerz run was a total team effort, led by phenomenal performances by 6'4 WF Tarius Johnson (Liberty Tech) all week long, averaging right at 20ppg. 6'2 G Damarius Smith (Kenwood), 5'11 G Cordaro Williams (Liberty), 6'4 G Thomas Greer (West Carroll), 5'9 PG Quentin Lee (Riply), and 6'0 G Keneal Windom (JCM) all were oustanding as well for the Ballerz...

Mid-State makes nice at Real Deal.

Nothing like motivation.

Team Texas to advance to the final eight.....Amare Stoudamires Team Stat to make an appearance in the final four...who would have thunk it.

The Mid-State Ballerz 16's thats who.

Real Deal on the Hill saw the emergence of the Mid-State Ballerz 16 and under squad as they cruised through pool play and found the heart and soul to get to the final four before falling to the eventual champion.

Thomas Greer (West Carroll), Tarius Johnson (Liberty Tech), KaNeal Windon (JCM), Demarius Smith (Kenwood) and Cordero Williams (Liberty Tech) were the stalwarts helping lead this Ballerz surge.

Johnson was outstanding using his athletic ability and never quit attitude to average around 20 per for the event. Greer continues to be a superb scorer and very deceptive opponent who often gets underestimated by his defender till he sticks it in their eye.

Current profile on Thomas Greer: Based on AAU perfprmances.

Thomas Greer, 6'4 2G/WF, Ballerz West 16s (West Carroll)-- very talented wing with great basketball IQ. Very good shooter, but also gets to the basket well. Similar to Duke's Scheyer. Sky is the limit for this Top 15 Class of 2010 baller...

Greers AAU Team the Midstate Ballerz West 16U is currently 19 an 6. Greer is a starter. 54 former Ballerz have signed D1 scholarships.

The Ballerz West 16u a couple of weeks ago played in one of the priemer AAU events in the entire country.....the Bob Gibbons tournement of champions in North Carolina. This was the second such event so far Greer has played in this Spring/Summer. The first being the Real Deal On The Hill.

Greer plays a very prominent role on the Ballerz West 16U team. A starter that is the second leading scorer if I'm not mistaken.

Before the summer is over Greer will have played in the following AAU tournements:

April 18-20.....Real Deal on the Hill (Fayetteville, AR)

April 25-27.....16u AAU Substate (Nashville, TN)

May 16-18.....Ballerz Challenge of Champions (Dickson, TN)

May 23-25.....Tournament of Champions (Durham, NC)

June 6-8.....16u AAU State Tournament (Nashville, TN)

July 11-12.....Adidas Atlanta Celtics Summer Kickoff (Atlanta, GA)

July 13-15.....Battle of the Bluff (Memphis, TN)

July 24-30.....16u AAU Nationals (Orlando, FL)

The ones highlighted in bold are NCAA sanctioned events and have and will have coaches from every Major power conference as well as MId-majors such as CONUSA, SUNBELT, OVC, A10, ATLANTIC SUN , and so forth in attendence.

This is the kind of competetion Greer has and will be facing all Spring/Summer. I can assure anyone this is ALOT stiffer competetion than High School. Greer's star has and will continue to shine bright in these events. While not in the same class as Casey Prather and Joe Jackson, Greer is without a doubt at the upper tier of the next level of players. Prather and Jackson are simply on another planet.

Thomas Greer has more potential and is a better athlete than any player Union City has had in the last 3 years since I have watched Union City play. Just watch and see where Thomas goes to play on scholarship and you will see. MJ may turn out to be better than Chris Lofton like Purple and the UC fans think but he's a walkon right now trying to earn a jersey.

Like I've said many times before, if he doesnt play for Union City then Purple & Gold can't praise him. The above assessment is just a typical response from Purple and Gold.

Some people just don't get it...Do they? Ive seen Greer with my own eyes (AAU) and actually talked (had a conversation) with the TN correspondent for HOOPSCOOPS and he said everything just the opposite of what the naysayers are saying. Would you beleive me if I told you people were saying the same thing about Wayne Chism (not comparing Greer to Chism) you would niot beleive how many time I heard local fans say Chism was not that impressive. MJ will not turn out better than Lofton. Did somebody actually post that? I have been in and out for the past two weeks because of work, so I have missed a few things. That is a funny one.

Thomas Greer has more potential and is a better athlete than any player Union City has had in the last 3 years since I have watched Union City play. Just watch and see where Thomas goes to play on scholarship and you will see. MJ may turn out to be better than Chris Lofton like Purple and the UC fans think but he's a walkon right now trying to earn a jersey.

Like I've said many times before, if he doesnt play for Union City then Purple & Gold can't praise him. The above assessment is just a typical response from Purple and Gold.

Greer has been playing agaisnt better competetion than Germantown for the last two months. Comparing Gtown and West Carrol is not even worthy of making an assesment. It's like playing 5 on 1. What do you think? I plan on going to the Battle of the Bluff in Memphis July 13-15. If your not busy that weekend you should go and look me up. As a matter of fact everybody should go and then make an assesment, then everybody would see Greer one on one instead of 5 on 1(Joke) or the constant double teams and junk defensed thrown at a 16 year old kid(and he still averaged 24 points a game as a sophmore). He is very hard to stop, I have seen it with my own two eyes agaisnt far superior players than what he sees in highschool.