BASEBALL BUDGET

FALCONBLUE1

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Columbia Central has to raise all of their money as well. They get none from the County and booster clubs are not allowed in Maury County. All of the field work is done by the players and coaches.

Isn't Spring Hill High school in Maury Co? Seem's like withtout there parent's working tourney, fund raisers they'd be in same park as you? What happen The

" Good Ole Boy's" couldn't get their hands in that till? In the almost 18 years I have lived in Middle Tn, Columbia has got to be on the worst down slide of all cities here!

What about Mt. Pleasant? Culleoka? Don't they have Booster Clubs?

Out here in Chapel Hill without the Lion's Club, Diamond Club with fund raisers, parents(Thank you to Brenda Phifer for giving up her son's senior season to work the stand almost every game!)Cindy Henson for also being there each and every game setting up closing down, and Oh yeah all the food runs! Can anyone say GAS prices! Yes our parent's and coaches are out there raking, watering, FENCING, and building a real nice two story concession stand/press box, yes we do have the local bussiness backing too, no signs on our fences yet, a score board by Pepsi sponsorship for the advertisment right, in closing YOU DO what YOU got to DO.

P.S. What of our best fund raiser's was the "Buy a Brick" have it engraved with what donor wants so many lines, two sizes, made alot of $$. Right now I know that times are hard so alot of funding has dried up, next year should be a very trying year for all. Good Luck.

Isn't Spring Hill High school in Maury Co? Seem's like withtout there parent's working tourney, fund raisers they'd be in same park as you? What happen The

" Good Ole Boy's" couldn't get their hands in that till? In the almost 18 years I have lived in Middle Tn, Columbia has got to be on the worst down slide of all cities here!

What about Mt. Pleasant? Culleoka? Don't they have Booster Clubs?

Out here in Chapel Hill without the Lion's Club, Diamond Club with fund raisers, parents(Thank you to Brenda Phifer for giving up her son's senior season to work the stand almost every game!)Cindy Henson for also being there each and every game setting up closing down, and Oh yeah all the food runs! Can anyone say GAS prices! Yes our parent's and coaches are out there raking, watering, FENCING, and building a real nice two story concession stand/press box, yes we do have the local bussiness backing too, no signs on our fences yet, a score board by Pepsi sponsorship for the advertisment right, in closing YOU DO what YOU got to DO.

P.S. What of our best fund raiser's was the "Buy a Brick" have it engraved with what donor wants so many lines, two sizes, made alot of $$. Right now I know that times are hard so alot of funding has dried up, next year should be a very trying year for all. Good Luck.

The only way any of those schools have booster clubs is if they were in existence before the "no club rule" was put into effect. I don't know what you are reffering to with Spring Hill. Columbia has much nicer facilities and a nicer playing surface with or without the help from Maury County. Columbia Baseball does a nice job of fundraising on their own as well. It would just be nice for the County to chip in and build the necessities like bathrooms and those things. Everything that has been done to the area up there has been done by the players, parents, and coaches and it is still one of the nicest fields in Tennessee.

The only way any of those schools have booster clubs is if they were in existence before the "no club rule" was put into effect. I don't know what you are reffering to with Spring Hill. Columbia has much nicer facilities and a nicer playing surface with or without the help from Maury County. Columbia Baseball does a nice job of fundraising on their own as well. It would just be nice for the County to chip in and build the necessities like bathrooms and those things. Everything that has been done to the area up there has been done by the players, parents, and coaches and it is still one of the nicest fields in Tennessee.

Thank's for setting me straight on the club/no club rule, it's to bad that most of these reply's are saying the same thing NO $$$ and it looks like next year's season is in jeopardy because of budget cut's and shortfall's.

I don't know how the travel leagues will do this year with gasoline so costly, let alone summer High School teams?

The only way any of those schools have booster clubs is if they were in existence before the "no club rule" was put into effect. I don't know what you are referring to with Spring Hill. Columbia has much nicer facilities and a nicer playing surface with or without the help from Maury County. Columbia Baseball does a nice job of fundraising on their own as well. It would just be nice for the County to chip in and build the necessities like bathrooms and those things. Everything that has been done to the area up there has been done by the players, parents, and coaches and it is still one of the nicest fields in Tennessee.

This is a little off the subject but something stuck me as odd. Lack of community involvement has been cited as one of the major reasons why schools under perform. And yet here we have Maury County with a "no club rule" which I interpret was specifically prohibiting community involvement. What is wrong with this picture?

Baseball is rapidly becoming a battle of the haves and have not's. Houston High School in Memphis has a base budget of somewhere between $75,000 & $100,000. This is similar to those of Collierville, Bartlett, Arlington & CBHS. However Houston just built an indoor facility with locker rooms, coaches offices, security camers and all the bells & whistles. CBHS just inherited $700,000 from one of the priests who recently passed away at their school. At the same time teams in the city of Memphis barely have enough money to buy balls & bats, much less field maintenance equipment or other necessities, there is no wonder that baseball is dying in the inner-city.

Baseball is rapidly becoming a battle of the haves and have not's. Houston High School in Memphis has a base budget of somewhere between $75,000 & $100,000. This is similar to those of Collierville, Bartlett, Arlington & CBHS. However Houston just built an indoor facility with locker rooms, coaches offices, security camers and all the bells & whistles. CBHS just inherited $700,000 from one of the priests who recently passed away at their school. At the same time teams in the city of Memphis barely have enough money to buy balls & bats, much less field maintenance equipment or other necessities, there is no wonder that baseball is dying in the inner-city.

WOW. 75-100 K. Come join us in the Single A rural district of East Tn. I wouldn't agree fully with all of sportsfan93's comments but if we ever get a chance to play in the state tournament, I am not sure we could afford to go. I am being very serous in that statement.

We split proceeds all year with the bosses in Nashville and then have to stay home when it's time to shine. Has this ever happened before???