Triple A All MTSCA Mid-State Teams

Guru

Ok I'll say what everyone wants to say but won't. Cat is a great player, a great young lady but does not deserve to be on this team. I know she was hurt and I hate that for her but she only played in very few games. She'll be a super player in college but another girl should have been named. If stats counted then you see my point, sorry just pointing out the truth.

Sorry, dont count me in on the " everybody wants to say but wont" I think everybody on this list deserves to be there and I will add this comment, sometimes some kids can do more in 15 games than others can do in 30. Our team has only one player on the list but I 'm not crying foul or political mumbo jumbo crap. A lot of thought went into selecting this team and all the players on it are heads above the rest. You could watch any ball game and pick them out as being " a star" on the field. There are always going to the Boo hoo'ers everytime a All district list comes out, or All Midstate list or All -state list . These complaining people should sign their and their daughters names to negative comments , and if they cant , they shouldnt make them.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I'll say what everyone wants to say but won't. Cat is a great player, a great young lady but does not deserve to be on this team. I know she was hurt and I hate that for her but she only played in very few games. She'll be a super player in college but another girl should have been named. If stats counted then you see my point, sorry just pointing out the truth.

You are not going to find anybody out there to agree with you on this statement. There is no pitcher more deserving. Who do you think should be on this list that wasnt included.

Hmmm.......Last night after I read this post, I'm almost certain it was followed by a post which stated Cat had 197 K's in the 10 games she played. I thought about that last night after I got off and that would of been an average of 20 stikeouts a game. Pretty much impossible numbers to comprehend. That would mean all 10 games she pitched would of had to go 7 innings and she would of had to strike out every batter except one in each of those ten games. I'm not surprised that post was deleted at some point last night.

Hmmm.......Last night after I read this post, I'm almost certain it was followed by a post which stated Cat had 197 K's in the 10 games she played. I thought about that last night after I got off and that would of been an average of 20 stikeouts a game. Pretty much impossible numbers to comprehend. That would mean all 10 games she pitched would of had to go 7 innings and she would of had to strike out every batter except one in each of those ten games. I'm not surprised that post was deleted at some point last night.

Let me clear this situation up for everyone. CAT was added to the team after the team had been selected, so she did not take anyone elses spot on this list. Here are CAT's stats for the first 10 ten days of the season that she played. I think when you read these stats that you will agree she was headed for one tremendous senior season.

Offense

Plate App. 38, Official at bats 31, hits 16, Runs 4, BB 4, HBP 1, Sac 2, ROE 2, 2B 4, 3B 0, HR 4, TB 32, K 4, RBI's 16, Slug % 1.032, on base % .639, BA .516

Defense

chances 14, Putouts 3, Assists 11, errors 0, Fielding % 1.000

Pitching

innings 54.67, Batters faced 195, Hits 13, Runs 2, K's 124, BB 9, HBP 2, Earned Runs 2, Balls 231, Strikes 543, total pitches 774, strike % 70.2, K/BB ratio 13.8, K/7inn 15.9, Opp. Avg. .071, ERA 0.26, Wins 9, Loses 1, saves 1

Both runs given up were on a homerun to Katie Ayers of Father Ryan. That was also the loss on her record in 2008.

I would say let those numbers speak for themselves.

Jeff Breeden

Let me clear this situation up for everyone. CAT was added to the team after the team had been selected, so she did not take anyone elses spot on this list. Here are CAT's stats for the first 10 ten days of the season that she played. I think when you read these stats that you will agree she was headed for one tremendous senior season.

Offense

Plate App. 38, Official at bats 31, hits 16, Runs 4, BB 4, HBP 1, Sac 2, ROE 2, 2B 4, 3B 0, HR 4, TB 32, K 4, RBI's 16, Slug % 1.032, on base % .639, BA .516

Defense

chances 14, Putouts 3, Assists 11, errors 0, Fielding % 1.000

Pitching

innings 54.67, Batters faced 195, Hits 13, Runs 2, K's 124, BB 9, HBP 2, Earned Runs 2, Balls 231, Strikes 543, total pitches 774, strike % 70.2, K/BB ratio 13.8, K/7inn 15.9, Opp. Avg. .071, ERA 0.26, Wins 9, Loses 1, saves 1

Both runs given up were on a homerun to Katie Ayers of Father Ryan. That was also the loss on her record in 2008.

I would say let those numbers speak for themselves.

Jeff Breeden

She played in ten games? How can you select someone when they play in only ten games? What if she played in one game, went 4 for 4, pitched a no hitter? Do you still select her? I think the guy made a good point.

She played in ten games? How can you select someone when they play in only ten games? What if she played in one game, went 4 for 4, pitched a no hitter? Do you still select her? I think the guy made a good point.

I don't have a problem with it. Cat is probably the best high school pitcher to ever play in this state. Coach Breeden stated that she was added only after the team was selected thus not taking a spot away from another player. I'd say this was more of a lifetime achievement award than anything. I don't think she will be ready to play in any all-star competitions during the post season, so this was a way of honoring her for an excellent career. No question she would of been an obvious pick had she not been injured so the fact that they included her without taking a spot from another player is a good thing to do. Thanks for clearing that up Coach.