New Coach in the Memphis area

CoachRG

Hello, my name is Rodrigo Galvan and I am the new wrestling coach at Bolton H.S. in Arlington, TN. I grew up in Illinois and wrestled from 2nd grade up through senior year in high school. I played football in college and was a volunteer wrestling coach for 2 years while in college. After college I moved to Atlanta Ga and coached two years of wrestling in Gwinnett County, GA, one year as head jv coach and one year as head varsity coach. For the past 5 years I have been the head wrestling coach at West Hall High School in Hall County, GA. I am moving to Cordova Tennessee in June. If you would like to schedule something please don't hesitate to contact me. My email address is westhallwrestling@yahoo.com or rod.galvan@hallco.org. I will also be at Southeast Regionals this weekend so don't be a stranger. I look forward to meeting everyone and competing against you.

Yours in Wrestling,

Rodrigo Galvan+

When do you become active in West TN.

We are familiar with RMC and his post on coacht.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't anyone answer the questions about Coach Holmes. He has been such a good coach in Memphis. Who will take over the Houston program? I am also wondering if they will still be hosting the Black Horse Inv next year.

I have not heard anything official on Coach Holmes leaving Houston. I was aware of Coach Delgado and Coach Bray leaving. I can't confirm or deny but right now I am holding that one as mainly CoachT message board rumor. Once again just my opinion and I am certainly not the most connected person. However, you can note that Coach Bray made no mention of Coach Holmes leaving in his post where he stated about the departure of both he and Coach Delgado. That says enough for me.

When do you become active in West TN.

We are familiar with RMC and his post on coacht.

As of right now I will be moving to West TN on June 12. Shortly after that I will call a meeting and meet my team and have a mini camp and introduce them to my system. Shortly after that the dead period will hit and then we'll lift in July. My family and I are looking forward to this move!!!!

I met coach Galvan this weekend. He is a nice guy and will be good for the area.

As far as we know, Coach Holmes will be staying put at Houston. He has not informed any of us of his intent to leave.

Yes, I am seeking jobs in the greater Dallas area. I have always loved the area when my parents lived down there. There are lots of opportunities and I want to look at other areas of the country while I am still single and can do that. When it is official everyone will be informed.

Coach Wayne Otto will be missed at Tullahoma as we expected him to have a long tenure here. He is going to Cherokee Co High School in Metro Atlanta and wish him all the luck in the world! Yes we just welcomed new head coach Ronnie Bray and another assistant Steve Britain to go along with Jeff Lester. The T-Town Rumble individual tournament will still be held in November and the Tullahoma Duals in December. You can expect them to be better than ever with our new wrestling staff.

• 2 weeks later...

"The news of my death has been greatly exaggerated."

I am still at Houston.

I am working with the Southern Champions Camp here, June 16-18

The Black Horse Invitational is still on for the 5-6 of December.

What a relief. Rumor had it Coach Holmes was leaving to coach swimming. I am so glad he is staying

• 3 weeks later...

You are lucky to be taking over the Bolton program right now. Good parent support. Solid kids,mostly upperclassmen, with several returning state qualifiers. Couldn't be a better time to take over a program.

Hats off to Coach Bosch! He did a great job coaching, supporting and developing the wrestlers with little support from the administration. Several state placers and almost a state champ in Josh Bourland. As a parent, I wish you good luck filling the shoes that are being left behind - they are bigger than they appear.

• 1 month later...

Allen High School will be my new home. It is located in Allen, TX, just outside of Dallas.

I have enjoyed the many people I have met through wrestling in the state of Tennessee. Most assuredly they will all be missed. This move feels right for me at the time. Allen is an excellent school, the salaries are great in Texas, I have already met a girl and we plan on going out when I finally move, and the wrestling community is growing constantly in Texas.

I officially move on August 7th.

Best of luck to all that those that I know. See you down the road sometime.