William Blount Govs

wbgov09

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I am sure that you are aware their were approximately thirty penalties called on Alcoa in the 2004 match up because the state's head of officiating was in attendence to observe the crew calling the contest. In this match up, as I am sure you remember Alcoa had two fifty plus yard scoring plays called back on petty penalties twenty yards away from the play. Alcoa's offense was so statisticly dismal because they most progress was hinderd due to this refereeing debacle. That is solely why Alcoa did not win by forty not because William Blount was a remotely competitive footbal team.

In 2003 you won and congratulations, but I probably should point out that this was the first year John Reid was coaching the Tornadoes after his stint with William Blount, and I'm sure that the Blount staff was well versed in Reid's play calling and tendencies.

In 2002 you beat the worst team Alcoa has ever put on the field and once again congratulations you were victorious over a bad 2A team.

I still don't understand why you think 5A is so much better than the other classifications, when was the last time someone in your region won a state title? I believe it was Oak Ridge in the mid 90's, so obviously you are not going up against the zenith of 5A competition during the season, nor are you in the playoffs because you so rarely make it out of the first round. You have no way of accurately gauging top tallent in 5A because you don't play against it. But a good way to gauge tallent in this area is to see what schhols are producing major division one signees in recent years, so lets review that list Maryville (4a) Fulton (3a) Austin East (3a) Catholic (3a) Alcoa (2a) Loudon (2a) Powel(4a) Faragut (5a), I do not see many local 5a schools on this list so obviously major college football programs see better football players in the lower classifications.

All I see in the first few points is excuses...so I won't even touch that.

5A is the best classification because the school's are the biggest in the state of Tennessee, so they have that many more players to choose from. That's not my opinion, that's fact. As for your knock against Region 2-5A, our fifth place team went 7-3, and didn't make the playoffs. How many other regions in the state can say they have a team going 7-3 and being left out of the playoffs? If that doesn't signify an extremely competitive region, I don't know what does. You're right, a good way to judge TALENT in this area is by major D1 signees, but TALENT doesn't make a good team. You're saying that because Loudon has one or two players sign with major colleges, that it makes them a better TEAM than 5A schools?

I'm sure Loudon, Austin East, and Powell would have made a real dent in those 5A standings /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

5A is the best classification because the school's are the biggest in the state of Tennessee, so they have that many more players to choose from. That's not my opinion, that's fact. As for your knock against Region 2-5A, our fifth place team went 7-3, and didn't make the playoffs. How many other regions in the state can say they have a team going 7-3 and being left out of the playoffs? If that doesn't signify an extremely competitive region, I don't know what does. You're right, a good way to judge TALENT in this area is by major D1 signees, but TALENT doesn't make a good team. You're saying that because Loudon has one or two players sign with major colleges, that it makes them a better TEAM than 5A schools?

I'm sure Loudon, Austin East, and Powell would have made a real dent in those 5A standings /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Alcoa has 1000 less students than WB and plays teams like 3A champion Fulton, 4A champion Maryville, DII power McCallie that oh, BTW beat 5A riverdale two games earlier, etc, etc............Plus, scrimmages Oak Ridge year in and year out............ AND won it's last 3 of 4 straight state championships with a combined score of 121 to 19..........But YOU think Alcoa iS "overrated"?! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Alcoa has 1000 less students than WB and plays teams like 3A champion Fulton, 4A champion Maryville, DII power McCallie that oh, BTW beat 5A riverdale two games earlier, etc, etc............Plus, scrimmages Oak Ridge year in and year out............ AND won it's last 3 of 4 straight state championships with a combined score of 121 to 19..........But YOU think Alcoa iS "overrated"?! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

And if i remeber the 06 scrimmage with oak ridge and just the first string was like 35-0 and randell had 4 break away runs that he would have scored on that where stoped so he didnt get hurt.

William Blount has one ok year and you all think that your up there with the Maryville's and Alcoa's. Your not. When you have a good team for more than 1 year out of every 10 years, then you can start talking a little bit, but come on you all have stunked it up like almost every other year.

William Blount has one ok year and you all think that your up there with the Maryville's and Alcoa's. Your not. When you have a good team for more than 1 year out of every 10 years, then you can start talking a little bit, but come on you all have stunked it up like almost every other year.

Let me guess, you're an AHS student, aren't you? Grammar was a giveaway.

I think we've already been through what William Blount has done head-to-head versus Alcoa, and we lead the all-time series. Maybe "your" not up there with William Blount. When you give Maryville a game, you can put yourself in the same class as them. It must be embarassing, being a state champion, but only the third best team in the county.

Consider a name change from "noquarter" to "noclue."

can someone please tell me why wb dropped Alcoa from the schedule? all i've heard so far was an issue with a coach but no one seems to know what the issue is or don't want to talk about it. also as i have asked before in the past 20 or so years how many state champions have come from northeast TN. anybody?

can someone please tell me why wb dropped Alcoa from the schedule? all i've heard so far was an issue with a coach but no one seems to know what the issue is or don't want to talk about it. also as i have asked before in the past 20 or so years how many state champions have come from northeast TN. anybody?

William Blount dropped Alcoa from the schedule because there's nothing to be gained from beating up on a 2A team. Coach Meadows exit from Alcoa wasn't exactly a happy parting on either side, it shouldn't come as a shock that he dropped the series.

You know the answer to the second question. It's zero, you really showed those NE TN fans what's up.

Let me guess, you're an AHS student, aren't you? Grammar was a giveaway.

I think we've already been through what William Blount has done head-to-head versus Alcoa, and we lead the all-time series. Maybe "your" not up there with William Blount. When you give Maryville a game, you can put yourself in the same class as them. It must be embarassing, being a state champion, but only the third best team in the county.

Consider a name change from "noquarter" to "noclue."

so i guess in 06 we did not give maryville a game did we?

William Blount dropped Alcoa from the schedule because there's nothing to be gained from beating up on a 2A team. Coach Meadows exit from Alcoa wasn't exactly a happy parting on either side, it shouldn't come as a shock that he dropped the series.

You know the answer to the second question. It's zero, you really showed those NE TN fans what's up.

haha you must have ment WB droped us because they do not want to get killed by a 2a school. Sorry, you are the cowards of the county.

In '06 you gave them a fine game...but we're talking about the most RECENT, therefore relevant season.

And you say that WB "droped" Alcoa because they don't want to get killed by a 2A school? Coming from a school who is LOSING the all-time series with William Blount, that's a pretty stupid comment.

I didn't mean to show anyone "what's up" from NE TN. I meant to show you that as I said before DB is and has been HIGHLY over rated for years. I think most everyone with a clue would agree that dropping either DB or Sevier County and picking up Alcoa would not only be a smart financial decision it would improve your strength of schedule. I would also venture to say that Alcoa is probably over the loss of coach Meadows and would be chompin at the bit to play this one again.