William Blount Govs

wbgov09

In '06 you gave them a fine game...but we're talking about the most RECENT, therefore relevant season.

And you say that WB "droped" Alcoa because they don't want to get killed by a 2A school? Coming from a school who is LOSING the all-time series with William Blount, that's a pretty stupid comment.

well if we are talking about RECENT? Coming from a 5a school that was scared and drop us because they knew they were going to get beat by 30 points in 05 and 06. can you say COWARDS?

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

William Blount dropped Alcoa from the schedule because there's nothing to be gained from beating up on a 2A team. Coach Meadows exit from Alcoa wasn't exactly a happy parting on either side, it shouldn't come as a shock that he dropped the series.

You know the answer to the second question. It's zero, you really showed those NE TN fans what's up.

So if little can be gained from beating the best 2A school ever, than the alternative schedule must be greatly advantageous for the govs allowing them to hone their football skills against a much more arduous schedule, and this schedule would then prepare them to beat those big bad 5A playoff teams that had continually beaten them when Alcoa was on the schedule. And of course that is propitious for William Blount.

but wait a second that didn't happen, William Blount dropped a 2A team and is still as mediocre as ever, so "doc" what was gained from this scheduling change if there is nothing to be gained from beating up on Alcoa.

Your point about Scott Meadows leaving under poor circumstances is fallacious. Mr. Meadows decided he wanted to coach at the college level and Alcoa understood his aspirations. Now his feelings may have been hurt when Alcoa would not rehire him after he realized GA's don't make enough money to sustain a family, but that is purely speculation.

and all having a 7-3 team not make the playooffs does is prove the point I was making about your region, all of you are average 5A teams that have accomplished nothing you are all as a good as the next but no one in your region is spectacular.

Two things make a good team, Talent and Coaching that is it. Nine out of ten times the better team will win the footbal game. For you to say Talent does not make a good team is doltish in 02 and 03 the William Blount was the more tallented team and they won and once again congratulaitions. I am just curious what does make a good team if it is not talent.

William Blount has never won anything you are the least accomplished school in the county. Thats right Heritage has a more prestigous football past than you their Stadium is named after Jack Renfro the former Walland Coach who won two state championships with walland before his school was consolidated into Heritage where he would continue his coaching career, so yes even the mountaieers have more gold balls than you.

So if little can be gained from beating the best 2A school ever, than the alternative schedule must be greatly advantageous for the govs allowing them to hone their football skills against a much more arduous schedule, and this schedule would then prepare them to beat those big bad 5A playoff teams that had continually beaten them when Alcoa was on the schedule. And of course that is propitious for William Blount.

but wait a second that didn't happen, William Blount dropped a 2A team and is still as mediocre as ever, so "doc" what was gained from this scheduling change if there is nothing to be gained from beating up on Alcoa.

Your point about Scott Meadows leaving under poor circumstances is fallacious. Mr. Meadows decided he wanted to coach at the college level and Alcoa understood his aspirations. Now his feelings may have been hurt when Alcoa would not rehire him after he realized GA's don't make enough money to sustain a family, but that is purely speculation.

and all having a 7-3 team not make the playooffs does is prove the point I was making about your region, all of you are average 5A teams that have accomplished nothing you are all as a good as the next but no one in your region is spectacular.

Two things make a good team, Talent and Coaching that is it. Nine out of ten times the better team will win the footbal game. For you to say Talent does not make a good team is doltish in 02 and 03 the William Blount was the more tallented team and they won and once again congratulaitions. I am just curious what does make a good team if it is not talent.

William Blount has never won anything you are the least accomplished school in the county. Thats right Heritage has a more prestigous football past than you their Stadium is named after Jack Renfro the former Walland Coach who won two state championships with walland before his school was consolidated into Heritage where he would continue his coaching career, so yes even the mountaieers have more gold balls than you.

Actually, since William Blount dropped this "best ever" 2A team, our record has improved each season. I don't know a person in the world (besides you) who would call a 9-3 season mediocre.

Yes, talent and coaching make a good team, but you've got to have more that one or two talented players who sign DI to have a good team. See that word I used there, TEAM. You've got to have a team of talented players, not a couple college recruits. A team of semi-talented players will beat a team with two stars and a below average supporting cast any day of the week.

The point about Heritage having more gold balls than us is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Go to the TSSAA's website and you'll se exactly what they've accomplished, NOTHING! That's like saying a basketball championship from Friendsville is William Blount's /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Actually, since William Blount dropped this "best ever" 2A team, our record has improved each season. I don't know a person in the world (besides you) who would call a 9-3 season mediocre.

Yes, talent and coaching make a good team, but you've got to have more that one or two talented players who sign DI to have a good team. See that word I used there, TEAM. You've got to have a team of talented players, not a couple college recruits. A team of semi-talented players will beat a team with two stars and a below average supporting cast any day of the week.

The point about Heritage having more gold balls than us is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Go to the TSSAA's website and you'll se exactly what they've accomplished, NOTHING! That's like saying a basketball championship from Friendsville is William Blount's /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

In Blount County a 9-3 season is mediocre.

bondo klass??? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You know Rebullsman aftur lunch you go down next two AllyWick to Bondo teck...

No back two tha subjict at hand... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I do find it a bit interesting that none of the other William Blount fans have gotten on here to backup doc.

Hmmmmm.....makes you wonder if some of them might agree with most's take on Alcoa/William Blount. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

I do find it a bit interesting that none of the other William Blount fans have gotten on here to backup doc.Hmmmmm.....makes you wonder if some of them might agree with most's take on Alcoa/William Blount. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

It doesn't matter to me if any other William Blount fans are willing to say it or not, because I will. They just don't want to get everyone's panties in a wad, a problem I've never had.

And your point is? Yea, we know WB is the third best team in the county. No one is saying Heritage is better than you all.

You'll be better than William Blount when you start leading the all-time series with us...until then be content with being ahead of Heritage...that's one 5A team you've got a leg up on!

It doesn't matter to me if any other William Blount fans are willing to say it or not, because I will. They just don't want to get everyone's panties in a wad, a problem I've never had.You'll be better than William Blount when you start leading the all-time series with us...until then be content with being ahead of Heritage...that's one 5A team you've got a leg up on!

When your a Coward you lose the right to say your one of the best in th county. In this century we have been the overall second best team. Your just a bunch of cowards face it.