Its all over.... What about next year

Welshdragon

With all of the "upsets" around Knoxville, I will be very interested in seeing how things will pan out next year. West and Oak Ridge got a taste, and I think they liked it! I personally think that them going to state will actually ratchet up the soccer in and around Knoxville.

A/AA should be intersting. Alcoa should be strong (I don't think he lost too much, but I could be wrong). CAK and Catholic lost some big names, but have good youth coming up.

Will Hardin Valley have a squad? I'll predict that they will be a top team within 5 years.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which division and district did Hardin Valley Academy (HVA) get put into? I don't think it will take them 5 years with the zoning changes and the coach, I think it will take them a couple of years at the most.

I know it might seem like semantics, but are they Hardin Valley High School, or Hardin Valley Academy? (I honestly don't know, so I was curious. HVA makes it sound like a private school).

I think it will be sooner than 5 years, but I was being conservative. I would also like to know what district they are put in. Also, will they have an actual "varsity" team next year?

Tom,

They are in the same district with Oak Ridge, West, Karns, Central, Powell, Clinton, and Halls

I know it might seem like semantics, but are they Hardin Valley High School, or Hardin Valley Academy? (I honestly don't know, so I was curious. HVA makes it sound like a private school).

I think it will be sooner than 5 years, but I was being conservative. I would also like to know what district they are put in. Also, will they have an actual "varsity" team next year?

Brentwood loses 12 seniors and Houston loses 13...Houston looks to be rebuilding next year but with Wolff as coach you can bet that by the playoffs that team will be ready to play no matter what happens during the reg season.

The 90 age group was the best in a long time here in the state of Tennessee and its sad to see them all leave but as they do i look to see the regulars return... final 8 next year

Brentwood, Hendersonville, Houston, Collierville, Farragut, Bearden, and two others...i dunno who but those will be the big guns...as always

I would be surprised if Houston returns next year....they lose so much....

I would be surprised if Houston returns next year....they lose so much....

On paper, Dr.J, I would have to agree. However, I don't have to look back but to 2007 to see a Baylor team of "no names", as was reported, scrap together and end up beating a loaded CBHS team for the championship. That same CBHS team graduated 11 Seniors and 9 starters, causing some to question their capability in 2008. I think they showed well this year.

Houston does graduate some very talented Seniors, but they will return a very capable Senior goalie in Will Powell and some good athletes looking for their chance. It should be interesting.

On paper, Dr.J, I would have to agree. However, I don't have to look back but to 2007 to see a Baylor team of "no names", as was reported, scrap together and end up beating a loaded CBHS team for the championship. That same CBHS team graduated 11 Seniors and 9 starters, causing some to question their capability in 2008. I think they showed well this year.

Houston does graduate some very talented Seniors, but they will return a very capable Senior goalie in Will Powell and some good athletes looking for their chance. It should be interesting.

Will is a very capable goalie and can keep you in games...but I still think they will have trouble if they are able to move on to Murfreesboro. Collierville should be the best team in the Div. coming out of Memphis and White Station has some very good young talent.

CBHS should have a great team. JPII will be very good. Anytime you have a player such as Jonah you are dangerous...so Father Ryan will be in the mix....

But good try...Cary..LOL

Farragut loses 13 players and 9 starters...I think Farragut will only start like four or less seniors next season...could be a rebuilding year but the team will be built around the 92' Select TN state champions. Around nine players from that team are going to be Juniors next year. If they step up expect big things from Farragut.

I will predict this though...Farragut will be in the State Finals in two years.

I'd say farragut may be in the finals again next year. Those kids know the tradition. Man, it is crazy the talent that comes out of knoxville! I also know Oak Ridge has the core coming back, but maybe not that special player, yet. They will be tough along with Bearden, anyone thing Coach Turner is not going to train the boys up for another run with missing out this year. And west isn't going anywhere soon. 2009 is going to be alot of fun.

Will is a very capable goalie and can keep you in games...but I still think they will have trouble if they are able to move on to Murfreesboro. Collierville should be the best team in the Div. coming out of Memphis and White Station has some very good young talent.

CBHS should have a great team. JPII will be very good. Anytime you have a player such as Jonah you are dangerous...so Father Ryan will be in the mix....

But good try...Cary..LOL

Gotcha' JA!

I would not rule out McCallie who played well all year and lost to FR in the semi's by 1 and did not lose a regular season game beat JP2 in playoffs and according to many FR fans ie parents they certainly felt like they got their "moneys worth" when playing McCallie in the semi's.

While McCallie did lose a large group of starters they have solid talent remaining and great young talent. They will certainly have a team next season who should match up with most if not all in D2. My guess is most teams no matter who they lost in D2 will have solid teams. Not sure any one team will over run another. Frankly at the end any of the four teams in the semi's could have won state and I for one believe if it was played again a differnt team would win. Which is not reflecting bad on FR because they had a GREAT team I just mean both semi games were hard fought and based on a play here or there and a call here or there they could have certainly been different. But high respect for FR they got the job done! They are Champs. Cant wait to take a shot at the title, because that is what it is all about playing the best.