Father Ryan 2008 Schedule

arg3b

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when the Father Ryan senoirs were freshman they went undefeated beating teams like dickson county, Franklin high school, Goodpasture, Independence, David Lipscomb, McCallie, the Ensworth JV team and also beat MBA 19 -14. this years Father Ryan team is going to suprise alot of people. Key player Mark Mulloy is also back. played last year when they were undefeated than got hurt, and with Will Donnelly has really came on as a tough RB and LB. he'll do big things for the Irish this year.

Guest workinprogress

Blah Blah everyone hates Ryan cause they are poor Blah Blah Ryan football stinks cause they focus on other things.

We've heard this all before. I thought this thread was about the 2008 season and not the same recycled bull crap from other people (cbg COUGH COUGH) who say the same thing every year?

This year's scheduele is the same as last year, as Ryan is on the patttern of playing the same scheduele every 2 years, with location of games being only things changed.

Hillwod: Win

Pope: Win

BGA: Are you kidding? Win. How could Ryan lose to BGA, I am confused.

Overton: Win

McCallie: dont know, dont follow Chattanooga football much

Knoxville: Win (home game for Irish)

CPA: Win

Ensworth: Win

BA: Loss

MBA: Loss

As long as Ryan doesnt have players kicked off the team, like the mulloys, mid way through the season, they should do consistently well. Maybe they can stay healthy too. BA and MBA have tough schedueles from their start while Ryan rides a easy breeze. Is this good or bad? Well it goes both ways, MBA and BA might get better but they also are at risk of injuries, physically and mentally. Ryan's first Test will probably be McCallie. Its an away game but thats all I know. McCallie is a nice school and is pretty big. Mc definitely has the advantage.

Why do people go to Ryan? For a Catholic education. Its a pretty good place to send your kid to school when you live in a state where half the people think the world is only 4000 years old and that dinosaurs are products of the devil. PLEASE. Fundamental Christianity really ruins the South's image, but its schools like Ryan, who accept and teach the theories of evolution, big bang, that make the school worth it. Its a good prep high school as my siblings have gone on to St. Louis University and University of Southern Cal. I, myself, am at Michigan. Yea yea, hate me, go Wolverines.

Money is the BIGGEST contender in D2. Whoever has more looks best obviously. Seeing how Nashville probably has the top 3 richest schools in Tennessee: MBA< BA < and Ensworth, other private schools in Nashville, notably catholic schools, get overlooked and seen as public schools.

Please.

Father Ryan is up on the level of every other school in D2 in terms of academics and athletics. Football has recently not been FR's sport, but it quickly is becoming their main sport again. Not to mention Ryan remains a powerhouse in Wrestling and Soccer, and does well in Baseball and Basketball. So when fans who follow colors of red or orange get scared of what is reality, they ###### their pants and make up lies to cover their tails.

If I met a kid going to high school and was thinking about Ryan, I would tell him he'd probably end up going to a great college (which, by the way, going to college is an incredible feat in the state of Tennessee) and the FR experience is the greatest experience there is, where students can embrace their spirituality and community they are part of and feel comfortable where they are.

Ive ranted, sorry.

Go Ryan, grats on making it to the playoffs again this year. 2 years ago was quarterfinals, last year was semi-finals, this year its the championship. Thats a heck of a lot of progression for a school like Ryan.

im out.

FR will lose to BA and MBA no doubt. They could also lose to CPA, McCallie, and even Overton. It could be a long year for the fighting irish. I do think that they have the right coach and in time they will be able to play with BA and MBA.

This is Father Ryan's best team since the 98' State Championship and i believe they have a real good chance of beating MBA with Mark Mulloy, Will donnelly, and Mitchell Stoffer leading them. the beat the big red when they were freshman. so it could happen

i don't think they will beat mba this just because they won as freshman, there are a few players who also made an impact on that game as freshman that aren't going to Ryan as seniors.Not the best team since 98 in my opinion