Significant 7A News

7Awatcher

So what is wrong in Monterey? Obviously there is a problem (or two) up on the rock.

I will tell you what is wrong in Monterey, they put academics before sports! Imagine the nerve, making sure that kids have good teachers. Don't they know "up on the rock" that good coaches and state championships come before a child's education.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will tell you what is wrong in Monterey, they put academics before sports! Imagine the nerve, making sure that kids have good teachers. Don't they know "up on the rock" that good coaches and state championships come before a child's education.

The softball coach(special ed.) got transferred to ATMS. Check link to Herald-Citizen.

Get your facts right Buddy! I have not even applied for any of these jobs, much less been turned down by them. There you go starting these vicious lies again. I wish people would try sticking to the topic at hand.

Seriously, I am tired of you accusing me of demeaning the girls or their accomplishments. I have yet to do that and don't plan on it. I am fed up with your ignorance and foolishness and I am sorry that the only comeback for any statement I make is to make those accusations.

I have said that there is more to most transfers than sports. Sports tend to be the focus of where they end up, not why they left. If I am a good player and I am transferring for personnal reasons, and if I have the means to make a choice where I am going to go to? You can bet I am going to pick a school with a great coach and team.

86 I was using the jobs statement to express how stupid some of the things that have been said on here. This is the first time in your earlier statement that I have known you to make an accurate statement about jc or the student athletes. Now I know you and your rbs friend have a right to say what you wish. But when you were accusing jc of recruiting leonard, after she said that she was coming to jc for personal reasons, you say that was not the truth, you are in fact accusing her and her family of lieing, thus demeaning the reputation of a young girl that has a reputation as someone you can depend on. That was what stirred me up. Now it looks like you have seen the light, and if so I commend you only Christ can condem you. I do apologize for the job remark. I hope we can somehow all work for the betterment of 7a sports.

86 I was using the jobs statement to express how stupid some of the things that have been said on here. This is the first time in your earlier statement that I have known you to make an accurate statement about jc or the student athletes. Now I know you and your rbs friend have a right to say what you wish. But when you were accusing jc of recruiting leonard, after she said that she was coming to jc for personal reasons, you say that was not the truth, you are in fact accusing her and her family of lieing, thus demeaning the reputation of a young girl that has a reputation as someone you can depend on. That was what stirred me up. Now it looks like you have seen the light, and if so I commend you only Christ can condem you. I do apologize for the job remark. I hope we can somehow all work for the betterment of 7a sports.

The job thing was a joke on my part (once again a joke that you didn't get), the problem is most of the time most of you cannot see the joke or understand sarcasm. I have no friends in RBS or have I ever taken sides with RBS on the LL subject. It is not that I have just seen the light, it is I have finally gotten tired of being linked to all the negative remarks when I have made very few (most of them to get a rise out of a few that I know over there that can joke). I decided to let you know I know more than what you think I know and have just a little bit more intelligence than what you give me credit for (actually, probably a lot more since you give me no credit). But there is still something that most don't know or won't discuss that probably made her school choice easier.

Once again you can word it however you want, I have not demeaned her or any of the other girls. I don't mean for this to be too nasty, but I also get fired up easy. I don't like to be accused of demeaning kids. Enough of that subject.

I don't blame the other Monterey girl for going to JC. Until they quit playing musical chairs with their coaches, they won't have any consistency.

Rumor is the Wright girl has quit, but it is summer. She still has time to change her mind.

Great News!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought I was right but I went to check to make sure, and yes, my bible still says it:

That Jesus loves district 7 people too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even Jackson County and ClarkRange People. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Now I did not say that the bible mentioned you by name. Even Jackson County and ClarkRange have not gotten that big yet!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> With a couple more recruits, maybe? But not yet. HA HA HA

Although I do not like the all-star teams that you guys are building up there, I love the fact you have fans that love the game and I bet you fill the gyms up there. Keep cheering for those kids. That is what it is all about. They need to seriously play a couple of JC/CR games in a college gym each year (other than the state championship game) to allow everyone who wants to come to come. I bet some people cant even get in the gym to see some of these games. There are a few games down this way that are the same. Moore County ususally has people outside trying to get in, as does Summertown. I am sure I am leaving some out. Some schools down here have built bigger gyms that will hold a large crowd.

Hey everyone, is anyone at Summer Camps looking like they can compete with JC and CR????

When does JC go back to AA? I guess D7 will dominate both A and AA then.

oldcoach,

I am with you 100%. My daughter missed a full year of competitive basketball last year because when we moved from MI, we picked a school based on academics, school size, etc., etc., and never once paid attention to athletics. If sports were a factor, we would have put here somewhere that she could have played on a JV team, or something of that sort. Instead, there was no JV team, and she is certainly not the type of player that could have cracked the playing group to get on the varsity as a freshman. (that being said, she is playing this year, and while she needs a TON of improvement, by the time this kid graduates, she will make a difference)

anyways, Im with you. Academics SHOULD come first. If a coach is also a teacher, then the needs of the district have to come first. It is hard to deal with sometimes, I know, but that is life.

I wish the best to all the kids on the rock, the kids and coaches that left, and the coaches left behind. They will all need it.