Significant 7A News

7Awatcher

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see Clark Range as light years ahead of all others. Who, prey tell, are the next two?

Not seen Jackson Co. play any this summer, so not sure how they are looking.

You sure can't ever overlook them. The blue devil fans are pretty quite of late.

Not sure if Red Boiling and Pickett Co. teams are intact. Heard there were some

that might not return?? Ranking in 7A at this point is a tough one. I'll go with:

Clarkrange

Jackson Co.

Clay Co.

Pickett Co.

Red Boiling

Monterey

Monterey could surprise some folks. They are a pretty hustling group.

Clay Co. has a very talented freshman class that should contribute right away. The high school coach has also coached them the last year in jr high so theses kids are acquainted with the system. Think Coach Sims did that when he coached. These team will be the surprise team in 7a.

In 7A,

Clarkrange will be the team to beat.

Does anyone who is recruiting the Phillips kid at Crange?

Who is the reigning STATE CHAMPION? As i have stated until JACKSON COUNTY is beaten in an elimination game they are the #1 team in Class A. Clarkrange is always tough and will be as tough as ever this year with the addition of Miss Heady. However with Jackson County getting Miss Adkins to transfer in, they too will be very tough. These two teams could very well play eachother AGAIN for the State Championship. They will be the two favorites to play for the Gold thats for sure barring injury ofcourse. As for the rest of 7A well Clay Co. has a great group of freshman coming in and in my opinion they have the best pure point guard in the district in Kayla Kimes. As long as she is on the floor Clay Co will have a shot to win the game thats for sure. Regarding the rest of the district, i really don't have a good feel for what might happen. I know RBS was having some issues but not sure to the extent of it all. Also read on these message boards that Miss Wright had quit Pickett Co.'s team. She was my favorite player on that team so i hope thats not true. As for Monterey, well Coach Hess has his work cut out for him thats for sure. He made some waves last year and his team was very competitive however losing his two best players will no doubt hurt but someone else will just have to step up and play. Now as for who i think will actually win it? Well here are my picks

District 7A Season Champions: Jackson Co 9-1 Clarkrange 9-1

District Tournament Champion: Clarkrange

Region Tournament Champion: Jackson Co.

State Champion: YOU GUESSED IT ......... THE LADY BLUUUUUUUUEEEEE DEVILS OF JACKSON COUNTY HIGH /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Clay Co. has a very talented freshman class that should contribute right away. The high school coach has also coached them the last year in jr high so theses kids are acquainted with the system. Think Coach Sims did that when he coached. These team will be the surprise team in 7a.

In 7A,

Clarkrange will be the team to beat.

Does anyone who is recruiting the Phillips kid at Crange?

College or mid-state high schools? /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Who is the reigning STATE CHAMPION? As i have stated until JACKSON COUNTY is beaten in an elimination game they are the #1 team in Class A. Clarkrange is always tough and will be as tough as ever this year with the addition of Miss Heady. However with Jackson County getting Miss Adkins to transfer in, they too will be very tough.

Did you mean to word it that way?

Did you mean to word it that way?

No i didn't mean they "got her to move in" just that she had transferred in. typo on my part please forgive me. I would truly appreciate it if every word and every sentence that i write wasn't picked apart and disected. Its getting to a point where i'm having to defend everything i write. I'm pretty sure most everyone understood what i was trying to say there but thank you for pointing out my "incorrect verbage" in this particular instance. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />